Proud that We’re More Action Than Words

Maxman

http://conniescouts.com/proud-action-words/

Actions speak louder than words. This is something some people never seem to learn, especially in today’s world of “soundbites” and that the more one talks, the more attention they get for fame.

The NY Jets vs Buffalo Bills game had the feel of a playoff game for many reasons. Though it was only the second game of the season, it was a division game. One team would be 0-2, the Jets were playing a team that knocked them out of last year’s playoff hunt, and Ryan Fitzpatrick has had poor showings vs a Rex Ryan defense in the past.

The pregame shows on TV left me wondering if there was only one team with a Coach. There was never a mention of the Jets coach who took a 4-12 team from that loud bragging Coach and turned them 10-6 team in only  one season.

This victory was even sweeter and more meaningful than most.

Calm, yet in control, Coach Todd Bowles is never the center of attention – it’s the team.  The Jets started out with a shaky first drive, yet came away with 3 points. Then Darrelle Revis was beaten on a long bomb to fall behind quickly. The Jets settled in with WR/TE Quincy Enunwa who has become a force and were up 10 at the half.

The third quarter could have seen the Jets totally fall apart as they had in past years when the Bills scored 17 quick and unanswered points. Again, Ryan Fitzpatrick stayed so calm and attacked the Rex/Rob Ryan defense with long passes to sure-handed Eric Decker, Tough Brandon Marshall, Enunwa, and rookie Jalin Marshall. The offensive line, with 3 new starters (Wesley Johnson in for injured Carpenter) kept getting stronger as the game went on. Matt Forte is such a great addition, and can do it all.

The defense was up and down, but the big interception by Marcus Williams was crucial, along with the 4th down stop led by Sheldon Richardson.  These next 10 days off until the Chiefs game should really help with the defense and communication gaps. Nick Folk was back to being Nick Folk!

What a happy day today! So proud of the focus and intensity the Jets brought to this game.

They showed that talk is cheap!

Great OP!!

My word for the team after last night's game is "resilient."  I have to go back a long long long way to where I saw a Jets team not panic and act like they thought they were supposed to win.  They made mistakes as teams do but Fitz and crew acted like they had extra in their tank and they did....

Rarely do I say this but I am very proud of the Jets.....

There was never a mention of the Jets coach who took a 4-12 team from that loud bragging Coach and turned them 10-6 team in only  one season.

I like Connie but this is completely unfair.  Rex was sabotaged by his GM here and the talent difference from 2014 to 2015 was night and day.  the 2015 talent was similar to 2009 and 2010 when rex led us to title games.  I ;ike Bowles but his team underachieved against a weak sched last year.

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

Bowles is a quiet guy but his team isnt.  So it was good to see them back it up last night. 

Did anyone else notice the roar of the Jets players as they ran onto the field when the 4th and 1 (which was given a huge generous spot) still fell short of conversion when the chain came out? They were near the sound dishes so it came through loud and clear. It was fantastic. I know you didn't mean literally loud but it was wonderful to see and hear them so into it 

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Great OP!!

My word for the team after last night's game is "resilient."  I have to go back a long long long way to where I saw a Jets team not panic and act like they thought they were supposed to win.  They made mistakes as teams do but Fitz and crew acted like they had extra in their tank and they did....

Rarely do I say this but I am very proud of the Jets.....

It's hard not to be when we should be 2-0 playing a schedule many thought we would be 0-6 .

That is all .

16 hours ago, Xtina said:

Did anyone else notice the roar of the Jets players as they ran onto the field when the 4th and 1 (which was given a huge generous spot) still fell short of conversion when the chain came out? They were near the sound dishes so it came through loud and clear. It was fantastic. I know you didn't mean literally loud but it was wonderful to see and hear them so into it 

VTN the Jets were loud quite a few times on Thursday. This is the type of win that can propel a team. 

Archived