You practice like you play!

Squirt

I believe games on won in practice not on Sunday. Bowles statement after the game that that they had a great week practice dosent hold any weight. What the hell did they do in practice? This was one of if not the worst total team performances ever by a Jets team! I am not giving up on Bowles, lets see how the team does from now on. As far as the QB situation goes Fitz is not going to take us anywhere. As much as it pains me to say this if Fitz comes out cold next week he should be benched. Give Gino half the reps in practice this week and put him if before the game gets out of reach. Then get Petty ready to go if Geno stinks it up it is time to see what we have between the two of them this year. This loss though is totally on Bowles and his whole staff. The Jets weren't ready to play after ten days off. Pathetic!

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly 

Wrong, but that's ok . Fitzpatrick is the leader of this team and as such deserves the right to play himself out of that position . That decision was sealed when the team signed him just before the start of training camp and handed him the Job they told us was his if he came back . The fact that nobody cared that Fitzpatrick missed all of the OTAs and the vast majority of spring practices mattered not . Fitzpatrick had set a club record for TDs the previous yr and it was his job regardless and should be because the Media said so and the Fans wanted it to be so .

The 1st regular season game was ok, the 2nd was what the fans and media expected  which brought us to yesterday .  Fitzpatrick deserves the right to stay on the field yesterday, because he's who we were told gave us the best chance to win .  He's who his teammates cheered when he showed up in the locker room just before training camp started . He deserves the right to prove that Kansas City was an aberration and something that will not happen again .

If and when the Jet coaches decide to bench Fitzpatrick, it has to be forever, not as a short term fix . This is why I never wanted him back . There's no upside to Ryan Fitzpatrick and this was to season to once and for all find out about Eugene Smith and maybe get a head start on finding out about Bryce Petty .  Sadly, I have come to realize that any future for Eugene Smith in a New York Jet uniform is in the hands of God . From this point on, it's in the best interest of this franchise to find out what Bryce Petty can be . It's almost a certainty that the spring and summer of 2017 will be about finding out where Christian Hackenberg is, and what he might be .

That is all . 

2 hours ago, Squirt said:

I believe games on won in practice not on Sunday. Bowles statement after the game that that they had a great week practice dosent hold any weight. What the hell did they do in practice? This was one of if not the worst total team performances ever by a Jets team! I am not giving up on Bowles, lets see how the team does from now on. As far as the QB situation goes Fitz is not going to take us anywhere. As much as it pains me to say this if Fitz comes out cold next week he should be benched. Give Gino half the reps in practice this week and put him if before the game gets out of reach. Then get Petty ready to go if Geno stinks it up it is time to see what we have between the two of them this year. This loss though is totally on Bowles and his whole staff. The Jets weren't ready to play after ten days off. Pathetic!

No. 

53 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Wrong, but that's ok . Fitzpatrick is the leader of this team and as such deserves the right to play himself out of that position . That decision was sealed when the team signed him just before the start of training camp and handed him the Job they told us was his if he came back . The fact that nobody cared that Fitzpatrick missed all of the OTAs and the vast majority of spring practices mattered not . Fitzpatrick had set a club record for TDs the previous yr and it was his job regardless and should be because the Media said so and the Fans wanted it to be so .

The 1st regular season game was ok, the 2nd was what the fans and media expected  which brought us to yesterday .  Fitzpatrick deserves the right to stay on the field yesterday, because he's who we were told gave us the best chance to win .  He's who his teammates cheered when he showed up in the locker room just before training camp started . He deserves the right to prove that Kansas City was an aberration and something that will not happen again .

If and when the Jet coaches decide to bench Fitzpatrick, it has to be forever, not as a short term fix . This is why I never wanted him back . There's no upside to Ryan Fitzpatrick and this was to season to once and for all find out about Eugene Smith and maybe get a head start on finding out about Bryce Petty .  Sadly, I have come to realize that any future for Eugene Smith in a New York Jet uniform is in the hands of God . From this point on, it's in the best interest of this franchise to find out what Bryce Petty can be . It's almost a certainty that the spring and summer of 2017 will be about finding out where Christian Hackenberg is, and what he might be .

That is all . 

The problem is he's not a long term fix or a short term fix id rather see a rookie playing instead of Fitzpatrick. 

6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The problem is he's not a long term fix or a short term fix id rather see a rookie playing instead of Fitzpatrick. 

As would I, but that ship sailed, and once he was signed, it became what it is .  It's a darn shame, but it is what it is .

7 hours ago, Tinstar said:

That is all . 

Great post and my feelings exactly

Practice week before KC game:

1 ) Prepare for Chiefs dink and dunk offense.  Tackle well and maintain the edge for misdirection plays.

"Nope."

2) Contain Travis Kelce. 

"Never, we don't bother trying to cover the TE.  We'll use David Harris.  It'll work this time!"

3) Play turnover-free football against a team on the road that generally doesn't beat itself.  Make sure the young kids understand to protect the ball extra carefully in a game like this.

"LOL"

Fitz's performance is beyond mentioning.

What you would rather see doesn't matter to the jets front office. They are a business and will play the players they believe give them the best chance to win. Keep in mind they see and know more about their players than the fan base.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived