Would The Apologists Please Stop

KRL

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Correct. The easy schedule seemed to have a bigger impact than originally thought. I think the whole team is learning that

it seems as if the coach and the vets allowed themselves to believe that last season's losses vs. the bills were the abberation.  now they're finding out they're not as good as they thought.  all it does is push the rebuild back a year, and allows the qbs more time to develop and not get pummeled by these teams.

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

On the contrary, it's going according to plan.

The high priced veterans will start coming off the block and the young players will have a year of experience under their belt. 

IN fact, the injuries are a blessing in disguise, because the younger players get to play more.

Nope. Wrong, as usual. 

Mac has clearly stated his plan is to build/develop + compete at a high level. That's his philosophy. This year, they have failed. It is a step backward in that we're not competing, we're losing players in position groups Mac wasn't planning on yet (based on contracts given out), and it's questionable how much we've developed since they don't play young guys.

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Never said it was. I appreciate that you want to take an exchange that is specifically about the mis-use of Forte and make it about the QB, the only thing you seem to know how to talk about, but I'm going to kindly ask you to go **** yourself. Not every strain of dialogue here needs to be force-fed into the idiot-mill so that it can be part of the QB bickerfest. There's a lot more that goes on on Sundays. Some of us, that understand what we're watching, like to discuss all of it.

that's a harsh response for me making an innocuous comment about forte.  i never attack anyone.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

that's a harsh response for me making an innocuous comment about forte.  i never attack anyone.

You should tell on me.

In the meantime, stop forcing the idiotic QB nonsense into unrelated conversations. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Nope. Wrong, as usual. 

Mac has clearly stated his plan is to build/develop + compete at a high level. That's his philosophy. This year, they have failed. It is a step backward in that we're not competing, we're losing players in position groups Mac wasn't planning on yet (based on contracts given out), and it's questionable how much we've developed since they don't play young guys.

But is that because of the talent or the use of it? That's the question. 

I don't know what position groups you are talking about in particular, he's drafted in nearly every position.

And as I said before, the injuries are allowing young players to play. Especially the receivers.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

But is that because of the talent or the use of it? That's the question. 

I don't know what position groups you are talking about in particular, he's drafted in nearly every position.

And as I said before, the injuries are allowing young players to play. Especially the receivers.

No, it's not a question, really.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He flat out sucks. 

No.  He doesnt.  He's literally the only corner to even come near to a pick on the season and he almost had a pick six yesterday.  

Here's the issue.  He was asked to guard an Olympic sprinter that he didnt know was an Olympic sprinter who runs a 4.4, man to man.  Big Ben saw the mismatch and Sammie ran a 9 route. Game over.  He has zero chance before the ball was even snapped. 

Just now, JiF said:

No.  He doesnt.  He's literally the only corner to even come near to a pick on the season and he almost had a pick six yesterday.  

Here's the issue.  He was asked to guard an Olympic sprinter who runs a 4.4 man to man.  Big Ben saw the mismatch and Sammie ran a 9 route.  Game over.  He has zero change before the ball was even snapped. 

agree, he didn't get fooled, he got purely burned.

Just now, JiF said:

Here's the issue.  He was asked to guard an Olympic sprinter who runs a 4.4 man to man.  Big Ben saw the mismatch and Sammie ran a 9 route.  Game over.  He has zero change before the ball was even snapped. 

He sucks I disagree with you he's always come into a play late missing tackles and always steps behind a WR. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

No, it's not a question, really.

Of course it is. That's why a lot of people want Macc to stay and Bowles to go. Most people blame Bowles more than Macc.

The only questionable thing that Macc has done in two years is reaching for Hackenberg. Everything else was either the right move at the time, or out of his hands entirely

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

agree, he didn't get fooled, he got purely burned.

Corners get beat in every single game, all around the league.  It happens almost every play.  It's why the league is seeing all time passing records.  This is what it is.  Brandon Marshall was beating Richard Sherman like a drum last week.  Does he suck?  No.  Of course not.

And neither does Marcus Willams...but asking him to do something he cant, isnt his fault.  That's on the coach. 

Take how how he played that comeback route to Bryant for example.  It was played perfectly and it should have been a pick six. Not a single corner on his team has been in position to make an interception all year long except for Wiliams....but he sucks?  No.  That's just flat out wrong.  

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Here's the issue.  He was asked to guard an Olympic sprinter that he didnt know was an Olympic sprinter who runs a 4.4, man to man.  Big Ben saw the mismatch and Sammie ran a 9 route. Game over.  He has zero chance before the ball was even snapped. 

I don't think Marcus Williams is a bad player. He's a solid player for being an UDFA. That said, he's not starting quality. The Jets have one starting quality CB on this team and he didn't play yesterday. Williams is solid depth, decent on specials but nothing more. He's the least of the Jets concerns as far as players. The fact that he's being asked to do so much is increasingly alarming about the front office and staff.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Of course it is. That's why a lot of people want Macc to stay and Bowles to go. Most people blame Bowles more than Macc.

The only questionable thing that Macc has done in two years is reaching for Hackenberg. Everything else was either the right move at the time, or out of his hands entirely

Nope. I don't have time to spoon feed people today. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Corners get beat in every single game, all around the league.  It happens almost every play.  It's why the league is seeing all time passing records.  This is what it is.  Brandon Marshall was beating Richard Sherman like a drum last week.  Does he suck?  No.  Of course not.

And neither does Marcus Willams...but asking him to do something he cant, isnt his fault.  That's on the coach. 

Take how how he played that comeback route to Bryant for example.  It was played perfectly and it should have been a pick six. Not a single corner on his team has been in position to make an interception all year long except for Wiliams....but he sucks?  No.  That's just flat out wrong.  

no, i agree.  he physically cannot cover someone that fast and the coaches should have adjusted for that speed.

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I don't think Marcus Williams is a bad player. He's a solid player for being an UDFA. That said, he's not starting quality. The Jets have one starting quality CB on this team and he didn't play yesterday. Williams is solid depth, decent on specials but nothing more. He's the least of the Jets concerns as far as players. The fact that he's being asked to do so much is increasingly alarming about the front office and staff.

Exactly he's light years behind other starting CB in the NFL because he's on the Jets he's a superstar just like the guy we call a QB. 

This team is a mess GM to water boy. 

Archived