What We Can Control Right Now

Mecca

Sitting at 1-5, there's more than a few cracks in our ship. There are gaping holes throughout our organization causing our boat to sink rapidly. Right now, we're drowning in our own ignorance, lacking the fortitude to make sharp adjustments to weather the storm. Bowles is completely lost, and we're lacking an innovative mind that can understand how idiotic it is to trot the same roster out expecting different results.

If I was hired as GM, these are the changes I'd make THIS YEAR. 

- Cut Ryan Fitzpatrick. If Bowles wants to keep trotting him out, take the power away from him to do so. Lets empty our stock and see what we have in the 3 kids before this season is over. Attempt to catch lightning in a bottle between Geno and Petty. Don't go into next off-season without knowing what we have in these 3 kids. In order to develop a successful plan we need to turn these rocks over. 

- Start Bilal Powell. Forte is the perfect player on a Saints or Patriots team. But guess what? We're not one of those teams. Forte is 31 years old and is not apart of our long term future. He's best in smaller doses and Powell is the better blocker and has ran harder these past few weeks. Keep it a committee, but give Powell the start as well as give Pope a few snaps.

- Develop Robbie Anderson. This kid has 'IT.' Trust me. He's a young bull that needs to be fed on fly routes and splash plays. Begin to use Petty or Geno with Robbie on splash plays more often.

- Develop Austin Serafin Jenkins. I loved this kid out of the draft and believe he's our future at Tight End. It's time for us to involve the Tight End more often and create a security blanket for our kids.

--------

Defense:

- Switch to a 4-3 base defense. This move alone allows the Jets to play their best personnel in spots that they'll be the most successful. No more Sheldon at inside linebacker for the love of God. Sheldon, Wilkerson, Leo, and McClendon with there noses pinned back rushing the passer would do wonders for our roster. 

- Move Calvin Pryor to OLB. Look, this move might confuse some of you, but Mark Barron has revitalized his career with St. Louis as a 4-3 OLB. Pryor isn't made to be a Safety in the 2016 NFL where shots are taken everywhere. Instantly makes our defense much quicker. 

- The 4-3 defense would also allow David Harris to do what he does best in stopping the run and lets Darron Lee and Pryor fly around the ball. 

- Start Rontez Miles at SS, begin to give Revis snaps at Free Safety. The Cardinals use Mathieu at Corner/Safety. I believe next year Revis should make the full switch, but this year begin to pepper him with snaps at Free Safety on occasion. We need a ball hawk in the worst way. 

-------

Draft: Begin to scout top LT's and elite Corners as well as look at the top QB's. I believe our first 3 picks should be some sort of combination of these 3 positions. 

Coach: It's obvious Bowles is inept. Schwartz is the type of competitor I'd like to see brought on and has experience and a playoff resume. McDaniels is a coordinator, not a head coach. 

This is a very level headed and well reasoned thought process.  I agree with almost all of it, especially the Pryor point.  I still don't think we should move Revis to FS just yet.  I want to see him press more.  The reason he was so dominant in the past is because of how physical he was with his ability to throw receivers off their routes and disrupt timing.  We use him way too far off the line of scrimmage.  If we give him the appropriate safety help (aka an actual ******* safety) over the top he can go back to jamming the crap out of receivers and stop playing scared.  That's how you fix Revis imo.

Good post. I am not sure about moving Pryor. Definitely isn't something I would do in season. Last year he seemed to be great in coverage (Gronk). I wouldn't move him just yet.

I am getting close to moving Revis. But not yet either. He is physical so let's see how he does now that he is healthy. As long as he can jam receivers he should be good.

A 4 man line make sense to me. I hope to never see Sheldon standing up again on the field. 

They have so many holes though they need to draft best player available.

Great post! I agree with everything, but Pryor at LB may get killed, not sure about that, otherwise, spot on.

Hell they need to do something, trot a team of naked women out if need be, something for gods sakes because this sh*t clearly isn't working/

I don''t know whether a 4-3 is the answer.  There is no one there to rush the passer.  

We also have Deon Simon who could play some nose.  I think a 3-4 could work, if they LBs were healthy.  I don't see Harris as a middle 4-3 LB either.

1 hour ago, varjet said:

I don''t know whether a 4-3 is the answer.  There is no one there to rush the passer.  

We also have Deon Simon who could play some nose.  I think a 3-4 could work, if they LBs were healthy.  I don't see Harris as a middle 4-3 LB either.

A 4-3 line needs a speed guy off the edge. We have four defensive tackles, no true defensive end.

And the MLB in a 4-3 needs to be a lot faster than Harris.

6 hours ago, Mecca said:

Sitting at 1-5, there's more than a few cracks in our ship. There are gaping holes throughout our organization causing our boat to sink rapidly. Right now, we're drowning in our own ignorance, lacking the fortitude to make sharp adjustments to weather the storm. Bowles is completely lost, and we're lacking an innovative mind that can understand how idiotic it is to trot the same roster out expecting different results.

If I was hired as GM, these are the changes I'd make THIS YEAR. 

- Cut Ryan Fitzpatrick. If Bowles wants to keep trotting him out, take the power away from him to do so. Lets empty our stock and see what we have in the 3 kids before this season is over. Attempt to catch lightning in a bottle between Geno and Petty. Don't go into next off-season without knowing what we have in these 3 kids. In order to develop a successful plan we need to turn these rocks over. 

- Start Bilal Powell. Forte is the perfect player on a Saints or Patriots team. But guess what? We're not one of those teams. Forte is 31 years old and is not apart of our long term future. He's best in smaller doses and Powell is the better blocker and has ran harder these past few weeks. Keep it a committee, but give Powell the start as well as give Pope a few snaps.

- Develop Robbie Anderson. This kid has 'IT.' Trust me. He's a young bull that needs to be fed on fly routes and splash plays. Begin to use Petty or Geno with Robbie on splash plays more often.

- Develop Austin Serafin Jenkins. I loved this kid out of the draft and believe he's our future at Tight End. It's time for us to involve the Tight End more often and create a security blanket for our kids.

--------

Defense:

- Switch to a 4-3 base defense. This move alone allows the Jets to play their best personnel in spots that they'll be the most successful. No more Sheldon at inside linebacker for the love of God. Sheldon, Wilkerson, Leo, and McClendon with there noses pinned back rushing the passer would do wonders for our roster. 

- Move Calvin Pryor to OLB. Look, this move might confuse some of you, but Mark Barron has revitalized his career with St. Louis as a 4-3 OLB. Pryor isn't made to be a Safety in the 2016 NFL where shots are taken everywhere. Instantly makes our defense much quicker. 

- The 4-3 defense would also allow David Harris to do what he does best in stopping the run and lets Darron Lee and Pryor fly around the ball. 

- Start Rontez Miles at SS, begin to give Revis snaps at Free Safety. The Cardinals use Mathieu at Corner/Safety. I believe next year Revis should make the full switch, but this year begin to pepper him with snaps at Free Safety on occasion. We need a ball hawk in the worst way. 

-------

Draft: Begin to scout top LT's and elite Corners as well as look at the top QB's. I believe our first 3 picks should be some sort of combination of these 3 positions. 

Coach: It's obvious Bowles is inept. Schwartz is the type of competitor I'd like to see brought on and has experience and a playoff resume. McDaniels is a coordinator, not a head coach. 

I'm in. Couldn't agree more.  This has to start now beginning with the Head Coach. Perhaps Mike Westoff as an interim HC until we can sort this s**t out. I agree that Robbie Anderson should get more looks. He was open often last night but Fitz would only look at Marshall. There was no progression in any of his reads. WTF?  Ready for Geno/Bryce.    Time to see what we have and don't have!

Archived