What's the real reason Petty isn't getting the nod?

jett

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

If we dont evaluate Petty and Hack this season we go into the off season unknown and undecided which will further set back the QB situation here do we draft another QB do we sign a free agent. Continuing on with Ryan Fitzpatrick makes no damn sense anyway you look at. 

Winner winner Sheen dinner!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, SAR I said:

Let me remind you that in the early part of the season Ryan Fizpatrick would be the person let down by his atrocious defense.  If anyone was going to carry on like a little girl it would have been him.

He had a lead at the 2 minute warning against the Bengals on opening day that the D blew.  He had a terrific game at Buffalo that his D almost lost.  He cut the lead to 4 points against the Seahawks into the 3rd quarter before the D let gimpy Russell go yard.  We were down 1 point against the Steelers in the 3rd quarter before the defense crapped the bed and Roethlisberger feasted on our D.

The reason the locker room is a disaster is not because of a weak quarterback, it's because a defense that was supposed to be Top 3 was ranked #25 the first 5 weeks of the season.  They are a humiliation and decided to just pack it in.

SAR I

I have a dream!

One day jets be #3 in offense and 15 or so in defense would be fine 

18 hours ago, SAR I said:

Playoffs?  No one is thinking playoffs.

The Jets and their fans knew how hard the schedule was, we were underdogs in the first 6 games, 3-3 was the miracle longshot, it didn't happen.

The Jets are, however, 3-1 in games we had the ability to win, 3-1 in games that replicated last year's 5-0 run.  So before we declare this team over and throw a grenade in it to rebuild again next year, let's see who is good and who isn't now that we have home games and now that we consistently play a fairer schedule.

I agree that it would be great to see Petty.  But if the Jets can go 8-8, have some of the young players rise up and have our team feeling optimistic in the offseason, and show that our coaching staff can rebound from a fractured locker room, that's a successful season.  We can validate Petty next year.  No one wants another upheaval of our coaching staff and more rookie head coaching growing pains.

SAR I

every other team in the league drafts qbs and plays them.  and they usually throw some touchdowns.  we draft 2 qbs who are not near ready, we get a new gm and hc yet the team instead of cleaning house is led by a bunch of overpaid vets mostly well past their prime, and we're supposed to be happy with 8-8.  at this point this is a farce of a rebuild.  while i think mccags is doing better than previous gms, it's tough to see how his longer term vision with his 2 qbs meshes with all the money tied up in older players who aren't carrying their weight.  this offseason will be very telling, to see if they finally turn the corner or if they keep this fitz/decker/marshall/harris/mangold thing going and the 'competitive rebuild' mantra.  at a certain point you can't keep selling your fanbase the worst qbs in the nfl.  this is the 3rd bottom qb in a row.  fans may still buy tickets but much of the excitement and hope is fading these days.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the worst starting QB in the NFL 2016 season no give backs or do overs allowed. 
Todd Bowles is a moron the entire NFL knows this his indecisiveness and bad coaching will cause him to be fired at the end of the season, cant wait. 

Poor Joey one note

Funny

I will bet nobody can find a single negative word from Joey attacking a QB or demanding coach firings during those two spectacular championship seasons when his manlove Geno the actual worst QB in the NFL for BOTH was ruining the Jets offense.

I'm guessing that even through last years 10-6 season our joey was on the attack

10 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Poor Joey one note

Funny

I will bet nobody can find a single negative word from Joey attacking a QB or demanding coach firings during those two spectacular championship seasons when his manlove Geno the actual worst QB in the NFL for BOTH was ruining the Jets offense.

I'm guessing that even through last years 10-6 season our joey was on the attack

Sadder is your ill fated attempt to disparage me on my opinions of Ryan Fitzpatrick when theres valid proof to back my claims. 

Geno Smith is gone move on I have. 

Last year we had the easiest schedule in the NFL and Ryan Fitzpatrick still failed to get us in the playoffs. 

I again say that our starting 2017 QB is not on this roster. Our backup may be here already but not our starter.
I just don't see Petty or Hack being ready to lead this or any other team yet. This ownership and management staff has to know we are not making the playoffs with the team as it's presently constructed. So clearly keeping Petty on the bench speaks volumes as to where his development is at this point. Also one would have to assume given where Petty is Hack is just just as far, if not further behind.
So how can either of these kids be expected to start in less then a year. Adding to this dilemma, is the fact that some veterans have already shown a vote of no confidence in his abilities.
So where does this leave the Jets,obviously looking outside the organization for the solution,
One thing they must not do is bring in another aging veteran who will only offer short term help. So that leaves either drafting another untested rookie prospect and throwing him to the wolves. Which of course will in most cases, ruin his chances of success.
Another option and one I think is really the only option,is thru trade or FA. I certainly will leave it to one of you to learn all the available young QB's that might fill our need.
Yet, there must be requirements that have to be met. Starting experience, able to make every throw necessary to play on the pro level, able to throw on the run, smart enough to read defenses, and preferably, tall and bulky.
You may know my preference and that would be, Mike Glennon, who will be a free agent and I believe a perfect fit to what I described above
I am certainly interested in hearing other voices and other suggestions had to whom we might also consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived