Jets bye week NFL games thread discussion

joewilly12

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Unfortunately Damon Harrison doesn't do more than stuff runs or he would have been the one worthy of the extension.

Pass Rush trumps run stopping in the NFL. And Wilkerson is a better pass rusher. Stats back that

Wilkerson has 2.5 sacks this season. Snacks has 1.5. He also just ran down a RB from behind on a screen with more hustle than we'be seen from Mo collectively all season. 

And now the Browns get in on the missed XP parade. That's 9

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Wilkerson has 2.5 sacks this season. Snacks has 1.5. He also just ran down a RB from behind on a screen with more hustle than we'be seen from Mo collectively all season. 

And if Mike Maccagnan were a wizard with a crystal ball and knew that maybe he would gone another direction.

Nobody whined when Snacks was let go.

Last year, Wilkerson had 13 sacks.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And now the Browns get in on the missed XP parade.

And if Mike Maccagnan were a wizard with a crystal ball and knew that maybe he would gone another direction.

He had 12 last year. He averages 7 a year. Not really earth shattering numbers. 

I don't know about whining, but plenty of people wanted snacks back. And even more said Mo might not live up to that massive contract. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

He had 12 last year. He averages 7 a year. Not really earth shattering numbers. 

I don't know about whining, but plenty of people wanted snacks back. And even more said Mo might not live up to that massive contract. 

I think people wanted him back, but understood that it was not likely. Thus when he left, they were like meh.

averaging 7 per year is is more than snacks and pass rushing trumps run stuffing.

And now the Browns get in on the missed XP parade. That's 9

Well, I will say this. I can't recall one player moving into his prime that needed to have a sit down conversation about commitment before being offered a blockbuster extension. Honestly if you have to ask a player about his dedication to football and winning, he's not worth the contract. And what did they expect, he says no??? Looks like Mac's gut knew it was a bad move and did it anyway. Maybe his inexperience, maybe he was afraid to let a perceived star go, maybe Woody forced his hand. But it wasn't crystal ball stuff here. They knew there was an issue or that conversation never happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Well, I will say this. I can't recall one player moving into his prime that needed to have a sit down conversation about commitment before being offered a blockbuster extension. Honestly if you have to ask a player about his dedication to football and winning, he's not worth the contract. And what did they expect, he says no??? Looks like Mac's gut knew it was a bad move and did it anyway. Maybe his inexperience, maybe he was afraid to let a perceived star go, maybe Woody forced his hand. But it wasn't crystal ball stuff here. They knew there was an issue or that conversation never happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is probably why they tried to trade him before the draft. People seem to forget that. Macc wanted to trade him, but he couldnt get good value. So it was either lose him for nothing or pay him

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Bills are 5-5. Home to Jacksonville and at Oakland should make them 6-6.

Browns at home should be 7-6

Home to Pittsburgh and Miami and at the Jets. Three tossup games.

Hopefully they need to beat us to get in the playoffs and we kick their asses and knock them out. 

Archived