2017 New York Yankees Thread

Maxman

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Only way I trade for a pitcher is if it's someone you have control of for 3 + years.   They will need to add someone for next year.   Otherwise, nothing.

I really think either Clippard is hurt, or has a dead arm.   He was so good, then so bad over night. 

We desperately need bullpen help.  We really could use a starting pitcher too but that ain't happening 

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:46 PM, NoBowles said:

lol, this is so wrong on so many levels. You literally don't understand how PED's work.

I know how PEDs work.  I gave a troll response to a troll.

26 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

So then you also know how changes a stance can turn a borderline 4th outfielder into Barry Bonds, cool.

You're a non-Yankee fan spamming a Yankee thread.  Claiming that the Yanks' 1st round pick and top 3 prospect at the time of promotion was a borderline 4th outfielder shows your utter ignorance of the Yankee team and baseball in general.

If you knew anything about baseball, you'd know that Mike Trout played 40 games his first MLB season in 2011 and only hit .220 with a .671 OPS and 0.6 WAR.  Because he didn't play enough games to qualify as a rookie, his next season in 2012 was his official "rookie" year where he hit .326 with a .963 OPS and 10.7 WAR

Mike Trout's change from 2011 and 2012, was PEDs right?  Such improvement after an offseason of adjustments is not uncommon.

Get a clue

57 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Okay, SMC understands how PEDs work, but does not understand how trolls work? 

LOL, yeah, don't feed the trolls.  But his contention is not only factually incorrect (Judge was a borderline 4th outfielder) but asinine (young players only improve via PEDs).

Conforto in his first full season last year batted .220 with a woeful .310 OBP and .724 OPS.  This year, Conforto is batting .285 and his OBP has exploded to .405 with a .953 OPS.  Yeah, that means he did PEDs in offseason rather than made adjustments hitting and adapted to how pitchers attack him.

On July 4, 2017 at 10:32 AM, chirorob said:

Betances.   He has walked 22 guys in 27 innings.   His walk rate is way up.  Last year, he walked 28 guys in 73 innings. 

Also, that loss was a tough loss for them. 

What did we get for Andrew Miller anyways?

16 hours ago, SMC said:

You're a non-Yankee fan spamming a Yankee thread.  Claiming that the Yanks' 1st round pick and top 3 prospect at the time of promotion was a borderline 4th outfielder shows your utter ignorance of the Yankee team and baseball in general.

If you knew anything about baseball, you'd know that Mike Trout played 40 games his first MLB season in 2011 and only hit .220 with a .671 OPS and 0.6 WAR.  Because he didn't play enough games to qualify as a rookie, his next season in 2012 was his official "rookie" year where he hit .326 with a .963 OPS and 10.7 WAR

Mike Trout's change from 2011 and 2012, was PEDs right?  Such improvement after an offseason of adjustments is not uncommon.

Get a clue

Huh?? I am a huge Yankee fan, I have my left butt cheek tattoo'd pinstripes, and my right one with the number 5 on it. You don't do that unless you are a huge Yankee fan!!

I suggest you look at Trout and Judge's minor league stats....

I love Judge as much as the next Yankee lover, I just don't want to see him gone for 50 games for cheating. 

1 hour ago, thadude said:

The kid who is having Tommy John is the main one.  That's just bad luck, he looked like a stud and had a freak accident.  (Edit, Torres and Warren were in the Chapman trade)

Also Frazier, who just came up, and Sheffield, who is their #2 starting pitching prospect.

1 hour ago, thadude said:

Miller's #s the last 2+ seasons are like, video game good.  But the Yanks really did get a lot for him.   Frazier was a top 25 prospect.

I was wrong, the other kid was the Chapman trade

13 minutes ago, SMC said:

Pineda is Pinedaing.

Betances needs a sports psychologist.  He's walked the baseloaded again in the 8th.  It's ridiculous

He's either hurt, or is the new Rick Ankiel.    But Ankiel could hit.

6 minutes ago, chirorob said:

He's either hurt, or is the new Rick Ankiel.    But Ankiel could hit.

The way this going going, the Yanks need to be sellers again at the trade deadline.

1 hour ago, SMC said:

The way this going going, the Yanks need to be sellers again at the trade deadline.

Who?   Gardner is the only vet they can move.

What's Pineda going to bring?   CC is a 10-5 guy, and I think they'd actually like him back.   Everyone else is young and cheap

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Who?   Gardner is the only vet they can move.

What's Pineda going to bring?   CC is a 10-5 guy, and I think they'd actually like him back.   Everyone else is young and cheap

Holliday and Betances comes to mind.  

Just now, SMC said:

Holliday and Betances comes to mind.  

Holliday maybe.   I think he's on a 1 year deal

Betances would be selling at an all time low.   He needs to figure this out to have any value, and then you don't really want to trade him.

4 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Holliday maybe.   I think he's on a 1 year deal

Betances would be selling at an all time low.   He needs to figure this out to have any value, and then you don't really want to trade him.

Yeah, you want Betances to rebound to raise his trade value but he's ending his arbitration eligibility soon so Yanks may have to trade him to recoup something.  Otherwise he'll leave like Roberts did and the Yanks will only have to hope for a sandwich 1st round pick.

17 hours ago, chirorob said:

The kid who is having Tommy John is the main one.  That's just bad luck, he looked like a stud and had a freak accident.  (Edit, Torres and Warren were in the Chapman trade)

Also Frazier, who just came up, and Sheffield, who is their #2 starting pitching prospect.

Hard to criticize the Yankees FO but boy could we use Miller this season.  Betances needs a week off to refocus 

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Betances needs to talk to Judge about "changing his stance", maybe Judge can hook him up with his stance changer

I know you are just trolling, and having fun, looking for a reaction.   But now you are like my 8 year old.   He tells a funny joke once, and then tells it 17 more times, not realizing he isn't funny any more.

Archived