Woody can give up day-to-day control of Jets if given ambassador post

Jet Life

This reminds me of when Steinbrenner had to give up control over the Yankees due to the Howard Spira scandal. Cooler heads took over the Yankees, the team started developing its young players and the team eventually went on its run in the 1990s. 

Make it happen Trump!

Article really says nothing. He may be named ambassador, if so he might give up day -to-day control of the team. Doesn't say he will, doesn't say he has to. If he were to bring in a football guy for Mac and Bowles to report to, I think many on this board would be disappointed. I see most likely candidate as Casserley (misspelled?) The football exec. that he has most experience with, and who half the board has been bashing for Mac/Bowles. 

Woody has been one of the top funders for the Republican Party, and also has a big ego.  He basically paid for the 2012 Convention.

The UK Ambassador is the top patronage job to award.   Joseph Kennedy held it.  Woody gets to be called Ambassador for the rest of his life.

At 70, after 16 years of owning the Jets, he has not built the team and organization that Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft, or even the Ravens with their new owner, has built.  He is failing as a NFL owner, and he is clearly not up to being the Football Czar he made himself into being.

He has an out here.  Get the Ambassadorship.  Say he had it under control but now needs to hire someone to mind the store while he is away.  It could be an 8 year job-Trump could likely be re-elected.   Woody-don't leave your son the fans.  Give someone like Gruden equity to build a top organization, let them build a long-term competitor, and flee.

Its in yours, the team's, the fans' and your family's best interest.   

Archived