citrus bowl

SickJetFan

Lamar Jackson has a TON of work to do because LSU exposed him today.  That's why it's nearly

impossible to judge QB's on the college level.  Most teams don't have the defensive pro prospects

that LSU has so when a QB generates big stats what do they really mean?  

51 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Looks like anyone can run behind that LSU line. Fournette is injury prone and overrated, like most SEC backs. Avoid like the plague. 

Jackson 2/11. Woof. 

I am an LSU fan. Lsu's Oline has played very poorly this season and had many injuries. They even said pregame , its probably the healthiest they've been all season. Plus Guice is no joke , he will be in the Heisman talks next year.

18 minutes ago, KRL said:

Lamar Jackson has a TON of work to do because LSU exposed him today.  That's why it's nearly

impossible to judge QB's on the college level.  Most teams don't have the defensive pro prospects

that LSU has so when a QB generates big stats what do they really mean?  

I agree about Jackson, but that was unfair . It was like grown men playing against boys with LSU defensive line vs  Louisville offensive line . The kid didn't have a chance  and too be honest, he looked like Hackenberg  did at State college .

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

LSU occupies that weird place in football now where they get to recruit the best illiterate athletes in the Deep South, so they're always freakishly athletic, but it always precludes them from convincing a decent quarterback to give up the suburbs to go there.

They couldn't get decent Qb's because of their HC and their offensive philosophy which is much Like Rex and Bowles - run and win on D.. With Matt Canada signed on as OC they have already signed two prospects - one a dual threat QB - Lowell Narcisse and a more pro style pocket passer - Myles Brennan. .

Also teams like Norte Dame USC, OSU get to draft the best illerate and freakishly athletic players from all over the country. 

35 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So did Geno Torreta

So every conversation needs to revolve around his status as an NFL QB prospect? THat's stupid. He's pea size frame and maybe never going to mature into NFL star quality. But he's an outstanding college player and fun to watch. How does one consider his development next year when he's already playing at the highest level possibe in this offense? The entire team got a beat down today by a much more talented team. His OL was abused. Before we all spout off about today's particular perfermance, maybe take a deep breathe and try to remain objective first. 

I hate the Jets btw. 

31 minutes ago, HessStation said:

So every conversation needs to revolve around his status as an NFL QB prospect? THat's stupid. He's pea size frame and maybe never going to mature into NFL star quality. But he's an outstanding college player and fun to watch. How does one consider his development next year when he's already playing at the highest level possibe in this offense? The entire team got a beat down today by a much more talented team. His OL was abused. Before we all spout off about today's particular perfermance, maybe take a deep breathe and try to remain objective first. 

I hate the Jets btw. 

Who cares? LOL. Relax. I couldn't care less what the future DB/WR from Louisville did, and to state as an axiom that winning the Heisman is meaningful anymore is laughable. 

Hows Johnny Football doing today?

I'm one of "those guys" that watches College Ball purely as an NFL talent pool, and for light entertainment...but I despise what the college game is becoming. It's like Giants playing Pop Warner. Give the ball to the fastest kid that can throw the ball In the straightest Line (usually), operate only in shotgun because teaching the nuances of the position, the intellectual and analytical potlrtions of the game have been all but abandoned anymore, and tell the kid exactly where/who to throw to with giant stupid posters on the sidelines.....it's not progress, it the Infantilisation of the game.

But who cares! He's so fast, yo!

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Who cares? LOL. Relax. I couldn't care less what the future DB/WR from Louisville did, and to state as an axiom that winning the Heisman is meaningful anymore is laughable. 

Hows Johnny Football doing today?

I'm one of "those guys" that watches College Ball purely as an NFL talent pool, and for light entertainment...but I despise what the college game is becoming. It's like Giants playing Pop Warner. Give the ball to the fastest kid that can throw the ball In the straightest Line (usually), operate only in shotgun because teaching the nuances of the position, the intellectual and analytical potlrtions of the game have been all but abandoned anymore, and tell the kid exactly where/who to throw to with giant stupid posters on the sidelines.....it's not progress, it the Infantilisation of the game.

But who cares! He's so fast, yo!

I'm actually surprised at the divide between the two given college is really like the minors for the NFL. The two have grown further apart as opposed to closer together. I was thinking by now the NFL would have be infiltrated. And it has in fact. You can see the push, a la Chip Kelly and the one year of Kaepernick success etc. however pro style has held its ground. 

But you're touching on my main point to the psycho's, in that, bc it doesn't translate anymore, Nobody ******* knows which guys can play and not anymore. Esp at QB. It's like listening to everybody's best guesses. 

Like, the Trubisky thread is just stupid.

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I'm actually surprised at the divide between the two given college is really like the minors for the NFL. The two have grown further apart as opposed to closer together. I was thinking by now the NFL would have be infiltrated. And it has in fact. You can see the push, a la Chip Kelly and the one year of Kaepernick success etc. however pro style has held its ground. 

But you're touching on my main point to the psycho's, in that, bc it doesn't translate anymore, Nobody ******* knows which guys can play and not anymore. Esp at QB. It's like listening to everybody's best guesses. 

Like, the Trubisky thread is just stupid.

I agree,. ..That's the problem. The college coaches have literally thrown up their hands and have quit trying to teach the position. The Zone Read, Shotgun, Air Raid is all "look at me" crap. None of these kids can read a defense and need to be taught at the Pro Level how to take a damn snap. It's pathetic.

I was interested in seeing how Browning loomed today...I had no idea Washington plays a shotgun offense. Between that and playing in The Pac-10, it negates his numbers imo. Oh well 

That's why the Jets picked Hack. They figure it's easier to teach the physical aspects than the cerebral.

Archived