Report: Woody Johnson Likely to Give day-to-day Control to Younger Brother

JetNation

IMG_4572.jpg

By Glenn Naughton

With New York Jets team owner Woody Johnson III expected to assume a post as U.S. ambassador to the United Kingdom, little has been said about how the new gig would impact the Jets ownership situation, until now.

NBC Sports’ pro football talk is now saying that Johnson would likely hand the day to day operations of the team over to his younger brother, Chris Johnson, who once rushed for 2,000 yards as a member of the Tennessee Titans.  Oh wait, wrong guy.

Johnson’s actual younger brother, is 12 years Woody’s junior but has a low public profile.  Little is known about this version of Chris Johnson, but it may not be long before Jets fans find out.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
CGvKEs5p0rA

Click here to read the full story...

Ahhh the weeds of Woody. Hopefully Chris doesn't secretly hate his brother and wants to run the franchise into the ground. Why can't we just hire a proper person to run this team why Woody is sipping tea in the U.K. I am sure you can pay a truly knowledge and respected football Czar enough money to oversee the day to day Football operations. 

Just now, FTL Jet Fan said:

Ahhh the weeds of Woody. Hopefully Chris doesn't secretly hate his brother and wants to run the franchise into the ground. Why can't we just hire a proper person to run this team why Woody is sipping tea in the U.K. I am sure you can pay a truly knowledge and respected football Czar enough money to oversee the day to day Football operations. 

That can still be done, and hopefully will be. But someone has to play part of "owner"in charge. You don't just cede a Billion dollar investment to someone outside your circle.

Maybe we catch a break here and this causes the dam to break. But most likely not. Woody can use this opportunity, while not admitting that he is not the man to run a football business, scurry off to merry old England, and put his brother in charge of business, but hire an operations guy.

31 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

That can still be done, and hopefully will be. But someone has to play part of "owner"in charge. You don't just cede a Billion dollar investment to someone outside your circle.

Maybe we catch a break here and this causes the dam to break. But most likely not. Woody can use this opportunity, while not admitting that he is not the man to run a football business, scurry off to merry old England, and put his brother in charge of business, but hire an operations guy.

Agreed. I know Woody has to have a family member or close business partner officially in charge of the team, but to just throw the younger brother in there without guidance is concerning. Good point though Woody can sail off across the pond hire a Ops guy without admitting he needs guidance on daily football operations. We can only hope. I think it would be extremely negligent if he didn't. I know some may disagree, but who knows what the hell his brother is qualified to do.

17 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Agreed. I know Woody has to have a family member or close business partner officially in charge of the team, but to just throw the younger brother in there without guidance is concerning. Good point though Woody can sail off across the pond hire a Ops guy without admitting he needs guidance on daily football operations. We can only hope. I think it would be extremely negligent if he didn't. I know some may disagree, but who knows what the hell his brother is qualified to do.

Not that Chris Johnson ... the NEW Chris Johnson

9780980-large.jpg

35 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Did you not realize that the franchise is already run into the ground?

22 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

This quote disturbingly applies to Trump appointing Woody as Ambassador as well. What a joke 

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Well if nothing else he can play guard

I think his first act as the new Rich Guy In Charge should be to redesign the uniforms. I'd love to see him model them for us, with his big fat FUPA and moose knuckle. Sexaayyyyyyy...

Archived