Would you take a chance on Joe Mixon?

Beerfish

6 hours ago, PepPep said:

I mean, I simply disagree. And that's fine. Fire-able offense??? Because its a deep draft at RB? C'mon man. What a joke.

If it's so deep, with some good scouting, they can find a good RB in the late rounds or as an UDFA. 

2018 may not be a deep draft at RB, but that doesn't mean the Jet can't draft a really good one then, if they felt like it was the right move. There's ALWAYS good RBs in the draft. 

Forte will not be around for long, but he easily has two more very good seasons in him. Like I said, the Jets have two RBs they are financially invested in for the 2017 season. I doubt they carry 4 RBs on the roster. That leaves one spot to fill for depth and can easily be someone currently on the roster or an UDFA or a late draft pick.

You don't 'groom' a RB like you groom a QB or a CB or a MLB or a LT, etc. There's no reason the Jets need to draft a RB to prepare for the eventual release of Forte. They have so many other holes right now, it just doesn't make sense, to me, to be using one of their 5 drat picks in first 5 rounds on one.  

Forte won't be a Jet in 2018. He was barely serviceable in his role this season. They need to draft a running back this year because they've ignored the position for too long. Forte and Powell both have injury histories. This is a good RB draft. It only makes too much sense. Your post doesn't. 

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Forte won't be a Jet in 2018. He was barely serviceable in his role this season. They need to draft a running back this year because they've ignored the position for too long. Forte and Powell both have injury histories. This is a good RB draft. It only makes too much sense. Your post doesn't. 

He had over 800yrds in 14 games behind a beat up (mostly out) O-line. He was more than 'barely serviceable'. He can block and catch the ball out of the backfield. I don't know what the Jets will decide to do with him in 2018. He could be a cap casualty b/c he has little dead $$$. But his cap hit also falls to 4mil, if he has a solid season and stays healthy, they will hold on to him, there's no reason not to at his price tag. You can disagree if you want, but my post makes plenty of sense.

Again, I'm all for drafting Fournette, but not b/c he is a RB and the Jets need one. B/C he is the top talent in the draft.  

4 minutes ago, PepPep said:

He had over 800yrds in 14 games behind a beat up (mostly out) O-line. He was more than 'barely serviceable'. He can block and catch the ball out of the backfield. I don't know what the Jets will decide to do with him in 2018. He could be a cap casualty b/c he has little dead $$$. But his cap hit also falls to 4mil, if he has a solid season and stays healthy, they will hold on to him, there's no reason not to at his price tag. You can disagree if you want, but my post makes plenty of sense.

Again, I'm all for drafting Fournette, but not b/c he is a RB and the Jets need one. B/C he is the top talent in the draft.  

Yes to RB. No to Fournette. Forte is not a starter anymore and he'd probably be cut but his term and money sucks this season. He won't be a Jet next season. 

9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes to RB. No to Fournette. Forte is not a starter anymore and he'd probably be cut but his term and money sucks this season. He won't be a Jet next season. 

I think Fournette is the best RB in the draft and the top talent in the draft, period. If you're worried about his ankle, that's understandable. But if he can stay healthy, he will be a star in the NFL. If you disagree, that's fine.

Forte looked the part of a starter early in the season with a healthy o-line. He was fine.

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

I think Fournette is the best RB in the draft and the top talent in the draft, period. If you're worried about his ankle, that's understandable. But if he can stay healthy, he will be a star in the NFL. If you disagree, that's fine.

Forte looked the part of a starter early in the season with a healthy o-line. He was fine.

3.7 yards per carry and less than 60 yards per game. Career lows across the board. Now a year older and another injury later. Forte is donnnnnnneeeee. 

On 2/28/2017 at 6:31 PM, King P said:

Yep, and unlike Mixon, Tyreek was a true scumbag.

Link?  

I don't know much about Hill, but the one horrible incident is all that I heard.  I have read about multiple issues with Mixon. Mixon will move up if like Hill he also turns out to be "the fastest man in the world."

On 2/28/2017 at 6:31 PM, King P said:

Yep, and unlike Mixon, Tyreek was a true scumbag.

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Link?  

I don't know much about Hill, but the one horrible incident is all that I heard.  I have read about multiple issues with Mixon. Mixon will move up if like Hill he also turns out to be "the fastest man in the world."

I mean, Hill's chick was pregnant when he beat her and choked her out.  No big deal, I guess.  

The best part was, he pulled the race card when he was arrested.  Told the cops the only reason why he was being arrested was because he's black and she's white.

Just now, JiF said:

I mean, Hill's chick was pregnant when he beat her and choked her out.  No big deal, I guess.  

The best part was, he pulled the race card when he was arrested.  Told the cops the only reason why he was being arrested was because he's black and she's white.

This is totally irrelevant to what I am saying.  I am saying which guy is more likely to be a problem?  The guy who did one horrible thing and was otherwise clean or the guy that has multiple run-ins and doesn't clean up his act despite being given numerous chances?  I'm not even saying that is Hill and Mixon.  I didn't read much about Hill before the draft and now all the press is kind of sanitized.  What I have read about Mixon seems like he has had a couple of major, but not huge incidents. 

I'm not saying what HIll did wasn't horrific.  I described it as "one horrible incident"  not "no big deal."  Funny you raise that a guy "pulled the race card" since I watched Mixon follow that group in and if there was no reason to follow them, even if the kid did slur them and to be honest I doubt that kid was saying that about a bunch of football players.  It also didn't seem necessary to knock her out, but she did come at him.  We don't know everything in most of these stories, but that is why teams hire investigators.  

Guys like Mixon and DGB seem like perennial problems to me.  If you are going to pick them up, you had better vet the **** out of them.  Look at our lockerroom in 2016.  Marshall has had that rep following him for years.  Richardson was in the top knuckleheads of the draft in 2014.  Is it a surprise that the place is a circus? 

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is totally irrelevant to what I am saying.  I am saying which guy is more likely to be a problem?  The guy who did one horrible thing and was otherwise clean or the guy that has multiple run-ins and doesn't clean up his act despite being given numerous chances?  I'm not even saying that is Hill and Mixon.  I didn't read much about Hill before the draft and now all the press is kind of sanitized.  What I have read about Mixon seems like he has had a couple of major, but not huge incidents. 

I'm not saying what HIll did wasn't horrific.  I described it as "one horrible incident"  not "no big deal."  Funny you raise that a guy "pulled the race card" since I watched Mixon follow that group in and if there was no reason to follow them, even if the kid did slur them and to be honest I doubt that kid was saying that about a bunch of football players.  It also didn't seem necessary to knock her out, but she did come at him.  We don't know everything in most of these stories, but that is why teams hire investigators.  

Guys like Mixon and DGB seem like perennial problems to me.  If you are going to pick them up, you had better vet the **** out of them.  Look at our lockerroom in 2016.  Marshall has had that rep following him for years.  Richardson was in the top knuckleheads of the draft in 2014.  Is it a surprise that the place is a circus? 

Interesting, I only know of the one incident with Mixon.  Never head about anything else.  What are these other incidents you're referring too?  I remember quite a few people coming to Mixon's defense that he shouldnt be defined by that one moment.  I dont recall anything else surfacing.

And not that either was right, but apparently his was provoked whereas Hill just lost his cool over an argument and supposedly it wasnt the first time he put his hands on her. 

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Interesting, I only know of the one incident with Mixon.  Never head about anything else.  What are these other incidents you're referring too?  I remember quite a few people coming to Mixon's defense that he shouldnt be defined by that one moment.  I dont recall anything else surfacing.

And not that either was right, but apparently his was provoked whereas Hill just lost his cool over an argument and supposedly it wasnt the first time he put his hands on her. 

He was suspended in November of 2016.  He still has a pending lawsuit about punching the girl and does this? 

"Don't put that shi*t in my face," Mixon told the attendant, the incident report states.  Mixon then ripped the citation in half and threw it at the parking attendant.  According to the incident report, the torn pieces hit the parking attendant in the face.  Mixon then got into his vehicle and "inched at the officer with vehicle in drive to intimidate the officer with vehicle," the report details.

Maybe this is just an immature kid, but he sounds like he thinks he is pretty entitled.  Crab legs?

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yikes!  Didnt read that one.  

I personally would love to take Mixon in the mid rounds. He has served his sentence already. Mixon was 18 or 19 years old when he struck the girl and a lot of young men make dumb mistakes at that age and go one to become decent men. 

On the field, he is a first round talent and the third best running back behind Fournette and Cook. Mixon reminds me of Leveon Bell. 

Archived