Bowles Presser at Owner's Meeting

C Mart

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HessStation said:

No he's def winning. Like a boss. Your logic, however true, is irrelevant.

Bullsh*t. It should be relevant. But people are like sheep and narratives are set. The Jets will always be the dysfunctional organization and everything reported will be steered into that direction, whether warranted or not. 

Francesa, AFTER SAYING THAT HE WANTED BOWLES TO BE HIRED, goes off on him. 

That angers me, moreso than anything Bowles said

4 hours ago, C Mart said:

Rich Cimini‏ @RichCimini 

Bowles on Hackenberg: "This year he has a chance to play and they'll be some pep in his step." #Jets

Bowles reiterates #Jets aren't rebuilding, just "building." Says "we lost a lot of names," but feels replacements can do the job.

Kimberley A. Martin‏ @KMart_LI

Bowles mentions loss of big-name + productive guys like Marshall, Revis, Breno, Mangold, but says #Jets have talent to be "competitive"

Eric Allen‏ @eallenjets

Todd Bowles says there will be competition for the starting QB position between McCown, Hackenberg and Petty

Did he actually gall Breno a "big name guy?"

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Bullsh*t. It should be relevant. But people are like sheep and narratives are set. The Jets will always be the dysfunctional organization and everything reported will be steered into that direction, whether warranted or not. 

Francesa, AFTER SAYING THAT HE WANTED BOWLES TO BE HIRED, goes off on him. 

That angers me, moreso than anything Bowles said

You should call in and voice your displeasure.  But take a deep breath first.  You're visibly upset and that will come off in the call. 

4 hours ago, C Mart said:

Rich Cimini‏ @RichCimini

Bowles still believes David Harris can still play at a high level: "He's our leader out there on the field." #Jets

Dan Leberfeld‏ @jetswhispers

"Me and the other 31 teams?" - Todd Bowles asked by NE reporter what Jets need to do to bridge gap with Pats

Bowles is in a Time Warp

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Stevie Wonder could have told you he was terrible . Just because a guy can throw a football a mile, doesn't mean he can play QB .

you are right, of course. but this team brings in vets  about whom one could only say: Yes, he has a weak arm, but he is inaccurate.

40 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Francesa railing on Bowles, completely forgetting that he wanted the Jets to hire Bowles in the first place.

Just would either like Francesa to back up his original statement or say "I was wrong about Bowles." You don't get to change your outlook to go along with the narrative.

you will never get to hear him say he was wrong

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Either that or he's not a good public speaker. Considering the people he has worked under and his business in Arizona, I will lean more towards the bad public speaker.

It is not just that. I thought of that too.  When they first brought him in I knew nothing about him.  So I was all benefit of the doubt.  And Year One, even though I thought he stunk on the sideline I wrote it off.  I knew we won 10 games with a Little Sisters of the Poor schedule and probably won many games because Brandon caught a zillion of those pathetic shuttlecocks that Fitz called passes, but I did not care, just like I did not care that Geno went 8-8 his first year because the opposition handed us games with stupid penalties and such.  I thought fine, first year.  But last year he was worse.  Preparation none.  Every half we came out looking like drunken sailors.  Forget about the sideline. He has not improved at all.  And in game adjustments?  What are they, Todd?  Of course he also lost the clubhouse.  REx let the players get away with murder, but Todd let them walk all over him.  Finally, the press conferences after games started sounding more and more like Rich Kotite.  Who I still rate as dumbest Jet HC ever.  It is not just public speaking, it is saying stupid things over and over.  Hard to believe the Jets are satisfied with the product.

34 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Did he actually gall Breno a "big name guy?"

Really? This bothers you?

good lawd I'm sorry I started and posted this stuff. I should have known this place would read into every freakin word said and turn it into a critical/negative thought. good lawd..and people call Bowles dumb

4 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Stevie Wonder could have told you he was terrible . Just because a guy can throw a football a mile, doesn't mean he can play QB .

I understand what you are saying but it is simply not true!!

Here is an article from SI which specifically highlights how unbelieve Jamarcus Russell was!!

http://www.si.com/nfl/photos/2010/05/10jamarcus-russell-pre-draft-hype

And for me that is the problem people always claim they knew so and so was going to be awful and this guy was going to be great.  

The truth is no one knows for sure and you can't because so much rests not in our predictions but in the will and desire of the individuals being drafted  

5 hours ago, Stark said:

If we trot McCown out as starter I will be pissed. We need to evaluate the young QB's we have and make a decision on them (this is assuming that we do not draft a QB this year). McCown should not see the field at all unless we have a catastrophic injury riddled season and he is forced to play. 

If we go into the season as is, we need to let Petty and Hack play and get a true on the field evaluation.

If we draft a QB then let the rookie and Petty and Hack battle it out and cut the loser before the season begins.

That's a great idea unless the Jets would end up cutting the draft pick....Then that's a wasted DP.

43 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I understand what you are saying but it is simply not true!!

Here is an article from SI which specifically highlights how unbelieve Jamarcus Russell was!!

And for me that is the problem people always claim they knew so and so was going to be awful and this guy was going to be great.  

The truth is no one knows for sure and you can't because so much rests not in our predictions but in the will and desire of the individuals being drafted  

I've got a really bad habit that gets me in all kinds of trouble . I don't take things at face value, but prefer to evaluate things for myself and formulate my own opinion . That article means absolutely nothing to me because I saw Russell play for myself when he was at LSU and knew he was terrible . Just like I told folks there was something about Jared Goff's game that I didn't like . 

If a QB completes a pass against triple coverage, everyone goes crazy, but only a few people see it for the mistake that it was .  I like to think of myself as one of those people .

9 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I've got a really bad habit that gets me in all kinds of trouble . I don't take things at face value, but prefer to evaluate things for myself and formulate my own opinion . That article means absolutely nothing to me because I saw Russell play for myself when he was at LSU and knew he was terrible . Just like I told folks there was something about Jared Goff's game that I didn't like . 

If a QB completes a pass against triple coverage, everyone goes crazy, but only a few people see it for the mistake that it was .  I like to think of myself as one of those people .

That is fair point and while you did see his flaws and some commentators did too, the article points to these other talent evaluators who saw something in JaMarcus Russell 

Here are a few Quotes from that article, just to show how folks, guys paid to do this can be mislead:

"JaMarcus Russell is going to immediately energize that fanbase, that football team -- on the practice field, in that locker room. Three years from now you could be looking at a guy that's certainly one of the elite top five quarterbacks in this league. ...You're talking about a 2-3 year period once he's under center. Look out because the skill level that he has is certainly John Elway-like." -- ESPN's Mel Kiper

"The workout Russell had was Star Wars. It was unbelievable." Then-Tampa Bay Bucs coach Jon Gruden

"This year, I can't get over how good and talented JaMarcus Russell is. It just blew me away. If I had the first, second, third, fourth, fifth pick in that draft, I would be tearing apart his personal life trying to figure out whether or not I could trust this kid with $10-million ... From a physical skill set perspective, I've never seen a college quarterback with more ability than Russell. You put the tape on and it's frightening. The only thing that's going to keep [Russell] from being great is him. What it comes down to is you've got to figure out whether or not this kid wants to be the best quarterback in football. If he wants to be the best quarterback in football, he can be." -- NFL Network's Mike Mayock

My point wasn't that you weren't right on Russell, you obviously were!!

My point was that sucking for this guy or that guy and knowing for "sure" who is a first round Gem is sometimes harder than most of us can imagine.  

IMO you often can't measure heart, hence Brady is great and Russell is a never was.....

Archived