Eric Mangini still hoping to reconcile with Bill Belichick after Spygate

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sciond said:

i say bring back Mangini as GM

Bring back Kotite as coach, he has only been gone 21 years and is a young 74

Like it or not, it seems Belichick has made Mangini's name mud around the league, and he has that type of clout for some reason. I'd think other teams would be united in doing the opposite of whatever BB wanted, but that's just me I guess.

If Belichick can influence people to stay away from Mangini and not take his calls, putting Mangini anywhere in the FO is not a good position for the Jets. Let someone else resuscitate his name; it'll be 10x harder for that to happen on the Jets than on a team King Blackballer cares about less. 

Plus there's no evidence he's any better at negotiating deals than the current occupant for the position.

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Like it or not, it seems Belichick has made Mangini's name mud around the league, and he has that type of clout for some reason. I'd think other teams would be united in doing the opposite of whatever BB wanted, but that's just me I guess.

If Belichick can influence people to stay away from Mangini and not take his calls, putting Mangini anywhere in the FO is not a good position for the Jets. Let someone else resuscitate his name; it'll be 10x harder for that to happen on the Jets than on a team King Blackballer cares about less. 

Plus there's no evidence he's any better at negotiating deals than the current occupant for the position.

Mangini failed here however he has gotten a raw deal ever since.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:52 PM, Dunnie said:

Firing Mangini set this team back 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

we got better initially and made it further than we would have w/ mangini, what has set this team back was firing Mike Tannenbaum.

I will always believe Mangini could be a good NFL HC, he just needs to knock off the BB impersonation.  that only works when you have the greatest QB of all time.

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

50+ years 

1.Weeb Eubank

2.Bill Parcells

3. Tie - A collection of half-witted morons without a clue.

Hooray.

based on results it would be:

Weeb 1 and Rex 2 though I think BP is the best coach we have ever had he doesn't have the results to back it up.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:19 PM, tuffhand said:

Getting Favre was Woody's decision.

Out of Edwards, Mangini, Ryan or Bowles who would you choose as HC of NYJ?

1. Rex- 2 PO apps, 2 title games, most PO wins in NYJ history

2. Herm- 3 PO apps, 1 div title, 2 PO wins

3, Mangini- 1 PO app, 2 winning seasons

4. Bowles- we almost made the playoffs once!

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Weeb 1 and Rex 2 though I think BP is the best coach we have ever had he doesn't have the results to back it up.

We stumbled like a drunken sailor into the AFCCG in '09 and '10, in '09 two teams (stupidly) laid down for the Jets to purposely let them in at all.

1998 was the best Jets team of my lifetime.  That team dominated games and went 12-4. Not even close. 

16 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

We stumbled like a drunken sailor into the AFCCG in '09 and '10, in '09 two teams (stupidly) laid down for the Jets to purposely let them in at all.

1998 was the best Jets team of my lifetime.  That team dominated games and went 12-4. Not even close. 

You are complaining about how we played in AFC championship games?  you do realize we were closer to winning the AFC championship game in 2010 than we were in 1998, right?

It’s asinine to say teams were laying down to let us in.  Indy rested players midway through the 3rd in a close game, teams rest players a lot late in seasons when they have things wrapped up and Cincy played starters for a half and we blew them out in that half.  If Cincy was letting us in it wasn’t a good idea seeing how we whipped them the next week in their building.

I do agree the 1998 team was the best start to finish but that’s all BP had.  One great team, one playoff win.  In 3 seasons BP won 1 PO game, in 6 seasons Rex won 4 and his team actually had a chance to win a title game late in one of them unlike BP.

Yes, they were 12-4 but we were one game worse in 2010 and we had the Brady led Pats in our division which we didn’t have in 1998. 

27 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You are complaining about how we played in AFC championship games?  you do realize we were closer to winning the AFC championship game in 2010 than we were in 1998, right?

It’s asinine to say teams were laying down to let us in.  Indy rested players midway through the 3rd in a close game, teams rest players a lot late in seasons when they have things wrapped up and Cincy played starters for a half and we blew them out in that half.  If Cincy was letting us in it wasn’t a good idea seeing how we whipped them the next week in their building.

I do agree the 1998 team was the best start to finish but that’s all BP had.  One great team, one playoff win.  In 3 seasons BP won 1 PO game, in 6 seasons Rex won 4 and his team actually had a chance to win a title game late in one of them unlike BP.

Yes, they were 12-4 but we were one game worse in 2010 and we had the Brady led Pats in our division which we didn’t have in 1998. 

You sir, are on drugs.

32 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

excellent counter.  :rolleyes:

If you are old enough to have watched the 1998 team, its sound. If you were 7 in 1998, then you just don't know. Either way, whatever. That's what we're left with as Jets Fans, arguing about which "Almost" was the best one.

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

If you are old enough to have watched the 1998 team, its sound. If you were 7 in 1998, then you just don't know. Either way, whatever. That's what we're left with as Jets Fans, arguing about which "Almost" was the best one.

I don’t get your point?  I was an adult in 1998, in my early 20s.  I said they were the best team start to finish but the reality is that team had no shot in the 4th qtr at Denver, we had a chance in the 4th qtr at Pitt and the 2010 team lost ONE more game and were in a division w/ TOM BRADY.  The 2010 team compare very well with the 1998 team.  Again, I give the nod start to finish to the ’98 team but to act like the 2010 team wasn’t really good is silly and misinformed.

Well we don’t have a season where we finished the job so yes discussing “almost” is something we need to do.

I’d rather argue almost than be the type of jet fan that trashes our back to back title game teams.  Those are the worst types of fans.

21 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don’t get your point?  I was an adult in 1998, in my early 20s.  I said they were the best team start to finish but the reality is that team had no shot in the 4th qtr at Denver, we had a chance in the 4th qtr at Pitt and the 2010 team lost ONE more game and were in a division w/ TOM BRADY.  The 2010 team compare very well with the 1998 team.  Again, I give the nod start to finish to the ’98 team but to act like the 2010 team wasn’t really good is silly and misinformed.

Well we don’t have a season where we finished the job so yes discussing “almost” is something we need to do.

I’d rather argue almost than be the type of jet fan that trashes our back to back title game teams.  Those are the worst types of fans.

I enjoyed 9-10, but I was never really confident about the Jets winning any game going in. In 1998 I expected it.

And if you remember, before Byars forgot to hold onto the ball and the ST's choked away a possession, the Jets went into Halftime 10-0.

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Its funny who was the DC on that team? And what did Parcells win after that DC and him parted ways? Nada. I am no fan of BB but you have to give him his due. He has turned into one of the greatest of all time and Parcells is now in BB's shadow. Parcells pales in comparison to BB in every way when judging a HC.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Parcells  29-19 .604, Rex  46-50 .479.  Rex had 4-12 and 6-10 banner seasons, Bill's worst was 8-8. The Denver team Bill lost to won their second Super Bowl in a row by 35 pts. The two teams Rex lost to each lost the Super bowl. Bill is in the Hall of Fame. Rex is a buffoon and a joke in the NFL world. What results are you looking at?

we got better initially and made it further than we would have w/ mangini, what has set this team back was firing Mike Tannenbaum.

I will always believe Mangini could be a good NFL HC, he just needs to knock off the BB impersonation.  that only works when you have the greatest QB of all time.

I still stand steadfast that it was Mangini's foundation that built us a fairly good team not Tannenbum. He was young ... and needed a few years to mature ... getting rid of him derailed this team and Mangini's future.

4 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Its funny who was the DC on that team? And what did Parcells win after that DC and him parted ways? Nada. I am no fan of BB but you have to give him his due. He has turned into one of the greatest of all time and Parcells is now in BB's shadow. Parcells pales in comparison to BB in every way when judging a HC.

BB > BP in starting QB

BB > BP in times caught/punished by the league for cheating

everything else BP > BB

19 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I enjoyed 9-10, but I was never really confident about the Jets winning any game going in. In 1998 I expected it.

And if you remember, before Byars forgot to hold onto the ball and the ST's choked away a possession, the Jets went into Halftime 10-0.

you remember we had a 17-6 lead in Indy, right?

19 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

BB's D's always fold in big spots(when he doesn't have LT) and he was a failure of a HC w/o Tom Brady.

BP is a better HC than BB, he just never had Brady.

18 hours ago, section314 said:

Parcells  29-19 .604, Rex  46-50 .479.  Rex had 4-12 and 6-10 banner seasons, Bill's worst was 8-8. The Denver team Bill lost to won their second Super Bowl in a row by 35 pts. The two teams Rex lost to each lost the Super bowl. Bill is in the Hall of Fame. Rex is a buffoon and a joke in the NFL world. What results are you looking at?

Rex brought us to TWO title games, won FOUR playoff games.

that's better than 1 playoff win and 1 title game.

17 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I still stand steadfast that it was Mangini's foundation that built us a fairly good team not Tannenbum. He was young ... and needed a few years to mature ... getting rid of him derailed this team and Mangini's future.

I don’t see any evidence to give Mangini credit for the drafts we had.  Why didn’t he have same success drafting in Cleveland? Why isn’t he working in a front office?  Tannenbaum built a second team to make playoffs, Mangini didn’t come close w/ second team.

19 hours ago, ljr said:

BB > BP in starting QB

BB > BP in times caught/punished by the league for cheating

everything else BP > BB

First let me say I have no love for BB. To say Parcells is "greater" is just plain short sighted. BB: 7 Super Bowl Rings!!!! 7. Parcells: 2. BB also has a better career record, playoff record and while he is an a-hole Parcells is too. Parcells has won NOTHING N-O-T-H-I-N-G since they parted ways. Belichek has 5 additional rings. Parcells has bounced around the league and has not finished what he started in anyplace he has been since they split. Based on career accomplishments its not even close. If you look at it without emotion you will see its true.

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

you remember we had a 17-6 lead in Indy, right?

BB's D's always fold in big spots(when he doesn't have LT) and he was a failure of a HC w/o Tom Brady.

BP is a better HC than BB, he just never had Brady.

Rex brought us to TWO title games, won FOUR playoff games.

that's better than 1 playoff win and 1 title game.

LOL 5 RINGS TO 2. 7 when you count the two rings BB won for him. Better career record. Better playoff record. Parcells is one missed field goal from having just one ring. Parcells is a good coach but when compared to Belichek he pales in comparison.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

First let me say I have no love for BB. To say Parcells is "greater" is just plain short sighted. BB: 7 Super Bowl Rings!!!! 7. Parcells: 2. BB also has a better career record, playoff record and while he is an a-hole Parcells is too. Parcells has won NOTHING N-O-T-H-I-N-G since they parted ways. Belichek has 5 additional rings. Parcells has bounced around the league and has not finished what he started in anyplace he has been since they split. Based on career accomplishments its not even close. If you look at it without emotion you will see its true.

If you look at it w/o emotion you will see my 1st 2 points ring true

BB has has arguably the greatest QB ever and has been a notorious cheater for any of the success he has been the HC and leader of.

hysterical your using BP's 2 Super Bowl victories to try & push the argument in favor of the guy who reported to BP ... Lololol

11 hours ago, ljr said:

If you look at it w/o emotion you will see my 1st 2 points ring true

BB has has arguably the greatest QB ever and has been a notorious cheater for any of the success he has been the HC and leader of.

hysterical your using BP's 2 Super Bowl victories to try & push the argument in favor of the guy who reported to BP ... Lololol

You mean the guy who was the architect of those defenses that Parcells took credit for? So BB drafts Brady and you credit BB's success to Brady's greatness. The same can be said of Parcells as well. He hired BB and after they split and BB went to the cheaters PARCELLS WON NOTHING yet BB won 5 rings. Parcells "legend" was built on his coaching staff. The proof is right there in front of you yet you do not and will not see it. Amazing!

Yeah okay. Like I said I have no love for BB. I made it clear that I was going on stats. When you look at the whole picture BB's career records blow away Parcells. You can't deny that.

18 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I don’t see any evidence to give Mangini credit for the drafts we had.  Why didn’t he have same success drafting in Cleveland? Why isn’t he working in a front office?  Tannenbaum built a second team to make playoffs, Mangini didn’t come close w/ second team.

Alex Mac, TJ Ward, Joe Haden... in the two drafts he was there. Also Massaquoi who looked good but got cheap shotted out of the league by James Harrison. Solid foundational players... It's not like Brown's drafts got better than that so it was definitely more an organizational thing than a Mangini thing. 

Decent evidence for the importance of Mangini to our success drafting prior to our AFC Championship appearances is what happened to Tannenbaum's drafts after Mangini left. 

You mean the guy who was the architect of those defenses that Parcells took credit for? So BB drafts Brady and you credit BB's success to Brady's greatness. The same can be said of Parcells as well. He hired BB and after they split and BB went to the cheaters PARCELLS WON NOTHING yet BB won 5 rings. Parcells "legend" was built on his coaching staff. The proof is right there in front of you yet you do not and will not see it. Amazing!

Yeah okay. Like I said I have no love for BB. I made it clear that I was going on stats. When you look at the whole picture BB's career records blow away Parcells. You can't deny that.

Lol ... That doesn't sound like you were looking at it without emotion

when I look at career records BB has been busted & punished for cheating multiple times.  You can't deny that.

18 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL 5 RINGS TO 2. 7 when you count the two rings BB won for him. Better career record. Better playoff record. Parcells is one missed field goal from having just one ring. Parcells is a good coach but when compared to Belichek he pales in comparison.

5 rings to 2 because of TOM BRADY.  w/o Brady BB is a complete failure as a HC.

the 2 Sbs he won?  the credit for the D's goes to LT- the greatest defensive player of all time and the 2nd SB was won b/c of the offense.  The D was on the field for less than 20 mins and allowed 17 pts.  The O controlled the clock allowing them a chance to win.

BB in 7+ seasons w/o Brady has ONE playoff app and a WC win.  BB w/ Drew Bledsoe was 5-13, Parcells w/ Bledsoe made a SB. Parcells made 3 SBs w/ 3 different QBs and none will be in the HOF.

4 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Alex Mac, TJ Ward, Joe Haden... in the two drafts he was there. Also Massaquoi who looked good but got cheap shotted out of the league by James Harrison. Solid foundational players... It's not like Brown's drafts got better than that so it was definitely more an organizational thing than a Mangini thing. 

Decent evidence for the importance of Mangini to our success drafting prior to our AFC Championship appearances is what happened to Tannenbaum's drafts after Mangini left. 

Not terrible but nothing led to any winning for the Browns.

if Mangini had a reputation as a good personnel guy he'd be working in the FO of some team.

3 hours ago, ljr said:

Lol ... That doesn't sound like you were looking at it without emotion..  You can't deny that.

LOL What? You got no argument because the STATS don't lie. So you go to the cheating stuff which I am not arguing. IMO both are miserable scumbags but that's besides the point. Based on the stats BB is head and shoulders above Parcells. Next.

(sorry screwed up the quote)

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

5 rings to 2 because of TOM BRADY.  w/o Brady BB is a complete failure as a HC.

the 2 Sbs he won?  the credit for the D's goes to LT- the greatest defensive player of all time and the 2nd SB was won b/c of the offense.  The D was on the field for less than 20 mins and allowed 17 pts.  The O controlled the clock allowing them a chance to win.

BB in 7+ seasons w/o Brady has ONE playoff app and a WC win.  BB w/ Drew Bledsoe was 5-13, Parcells w/ Bledsoe made a SB. Parcells made 3 SBs w/ 3 different QBs and none will be in the HOF.

LOL. To use your logic the credit for the 2 Super Bowls Parcells won doesn't go to Parcells then either. You contradict yourself in that sentence above. First you say the credit goes to LT then you say it was the offense who won the game. Which is it?

Taylor was one of the greatest to play the game. He excuted BB's defensive schemes perfectly. You can be a great player but without a competent coach and direction they become lost. BB's scheme in the 1990 Super Bowl was hailed as genius. It is displayed in the HALL OF FAME as one of the greatest of all time. Saying the offense won that game just goes to show you have no idea what your talking about. The credit for Parcells 2 super bowl wins goes to his coaching staff.

LOL What? You got no argument because the STATS don't lie. So you go to the cheating stuff which I am not arguing. IMO both are miserable scumbags but that's besides the point. Based on the stats BB is head and shoulders above Parcells. Next.

(sorry screwed up the quote)

Lol ... I didn't "go to" the cheating stuff ... BB & Brady did ... I've simply been pointing it out all along.

to me any player / coach / owner who cheats to get their victories are left with a permanent taint 

BB legacy is one of being a cheater in my book ... My view will not change

if you choose to discount the evidence & penalties that the league has given him for these offenses ... And l*ck his n*tsack (and another kind of taint) , and browneye like the pats fans do ... Then that is your choice ... Enjoy

12 hours ago, ljr said:

Lol ... I didn't "go to" the cheating stuff ... BB & Brady did ... I've simply been pointing it out all along.

to me any player / coach / owner who cheats to get their victories are left with a permanent taint 

BB legacy is one of being a cheater in my book ... My view will not change

if you choose to discount the evidence & penalties that the league has given him for these offenses ... And l*ck his n*tsack (and another kind of taint) , and browneye like the pats fans do ... Then that is your choice ... Enjoy

LOL. Your a funny guy! This is so much bullsh*t anyway. I refuted your points and you resort to your usual bullsh*t. Done with your stupid sh*t. You lick Parcells sack and its so unwarranted so what does that make you? Don't answer. You'll just reply with some ridiculous bullsh*t that doesn't add up to squat anyway. Live long and prosper a-hole.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Your a funny guy! This is so much bullsh*t anyway. I refuted your points and you resort to your usual bullsh*t. Done with your stupid sh*t. You lick Parcells sack and its so unwarranted so what does that make you? Don't answer. You'll just reply with some ridiculous bullsh*t that doesn't add up to squat anyway. Live long and prosper a-hole.

Wasn't licking Parcells taint ... Was simply saying his 2 trophies are legit  ... Where as your hero's 5 trophies as well as his entire legacy are buffed to a fine shimmy with asterisks 

no BS there friend

19 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. To use your logic the credit for the 2 Super Bowls Parcells won doesn't go to Parcells then either. You contradict yourself in that sentence above. First you say the credit goes to LT then you say it was the offense who won the game. Which is it?

Taylor was one of the greatest to play the game. He excuted BB's defensive schemes perfectly. You can be a great player but without a competent coach and direction they become lost. BB's scheme in the 1990 Super Bowl was hailed as genius. It is displayed in the HALL OF FAME as one of the greatest of all time. Saying the offense won that game just goes to show you have no idea what your talking about. The credit for Parcells 2 super bowl wins goes to his coaching staff.

Parcells made a SB w/ DREW BLEDSOE at QB.  w/ Drew Bledsoe BB was 5-13.

w/o Brady BB is a failed HC

w/o LT he doesn't look like a good DC either.

BB's Ds w/ and w/o LT:

w/:

NYG DC 1985-1990

D ranking:

1985: 2

1986: 2

1987: 7

1988- 11

1989- 5

1990- 2

average ranking:  4.8

w/o:

Cleveland HC 1991-1995:

1991: 18

1992: 14

1993: 12

1994: 7

1995: 24

NYJ DC 1997-1999:

1997: 24

1998: 7

1999: 21

NE HC 2000-2016:

2000: 20

2001: 24

2002: 23

2003: 7

2004: 9

2005: 26

2006: 6

2007: 4

2008: 10

2009: 11

2010: 25

2011: 31

2012: 25

2013: 26

2014: 13

2015: 9

2016: 8

average: 16.2

playoff pts allowed w/ and w/o:

NYG 1985-1990:

92 pts in 9 games, 10.2 PPG

without Cle 1994, NYJ 1998, NE 2001, 2003-2007, 2009-2016:

766 pts in 34 games, 22.5 PPG

BB's "scheme" in 1990 is BS.  Buffalo did what they wanted to in limited opportunities, NYG won b/c the offense held the ball for 40 minutes. People praise BP over everything, sometimes he deserves it but sometimes he doesn't like not taking a TO at the end of the Seattle SB or the SB XXV gameplan.

Archived