JN Mafia: Revenge of the Nerds

On 6/27/2017 at 7:47 AM, Smashmouth said:

nah you know my vote was an early joke vote .... I kind of like the new Ape style its less Idiot and a little more moron. fun stuff.

All bullsh*t aside I'm liking Nyn for scum this game shes really not contributing much in the way of content just not like her IMHO

Unvote Ape Vote NYN

On 6/27/2017 at 8:42 AM, JiF said:

I'm enjoying the banter and the pace of this game.  I'm also quite busy this morning.  

The deadline has been lifted. 

I'll place another deadline if necessary.

source.gif

On 6/27/2017 at 9:43 AM, JiF said:

Official Vote Count:

80 (3) - JC, Crushlove, Leelou

DPR (4) - 80, Ape, Nol, Nyn

Nol (2) - Verb, DPR

Ape (1) - Hess

Nyn (1) - Smash

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to remove from campus

I was curious about the original deadline, and what sort of action there was before JIF lifted it. The big thing, to me, was that Smash unvoted me (citing a joke vote, and being remarkably calm in his discourse with me) and moves his vote to Nyn. His rationale again seemed sort "meh", like part meta, part lazy scum feeling like they just needed to fill something in there.

It was the last vote cast before the deadline was lifted - and it took me from having 2 votes, to 1 - while 80 and DPR were vote leaders with a looming deadline. So, the question I have here is why isn't Smash voting one of the vote leaders if there's a looming deadline? Why is he starting a new train on Nyn?

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2017 at 8:01 AM, Smashmouth said:

Not enough game content yet has enough to vote DPR on the Nolder lead and her post followed his pretty quickly which also shows they may be tied together somehow. Masons ? Scum ? 

On 6/27/2017 at 10:04 AM, Leelou said:

Nyn and Nolder? Im not seeing Nol as scummy. Trying to not pass judgment on Nyn right this second since she's posted that she's at a drill.

I'm now pretty interested in a DPR flip.

On 6/27/2017 at 10:10 AM, Smashmouth said:

I'm not really saying Nol is scummy just find it funny Nyn followed his lead fairly quickly. DPR is a pain in the ass for me to read. Sometimes hes wacked out of his mind other times hes right on point. He seems fixated on Nol but I've seen that before as well.

On 6/27/2017 at 10:23 AM, Nynaeve said:

Who's following Nolder's lead? Interesting way of putting it. I think dpr is being kinsa weird and im voting him. That's pretty much it. And i never made if it more than that or was running around with whatever nolder is saying about him. I dont even know what he's saying irt dpr right now.

On 6/27/2017 at 10:27 AM, Smashmouth said:

Nyn all I said was Nol voted DPR and you followed him fairly quickly without much of an explanation and you did it at a pivotal point in the vote. Just an observation 

This exchange looks awful for Smash too. 

On 6/27/2017 at 10:43 AM, BallinPB said:

In addition you said I fell for Nolders reaction test which was false.  I'm willing to lay off and see how DPR flips today.

This makes me lean town on Ballin.

On 6/27/2017 at 10:57 AM, Smashmouth said:

I'd rather call you idiot for revealing.

That being said that reveal seems like horsesh*t to me as if you made something up and jumped the gun.

Some form of watcher ? Really ... Did JIF tell you you were some ofrm of something or did he tell you exactly what you were ? This just does not jive with me at all.

Unvote Nyn 

will wait on 80's response

This feels like an authentic bullsh*t call by Smash, one of the towniest things I've seen from him all game. 

On 6/27/2017 at 1:25 PM, Integrity28 said:

Speculative nonsense like this gives the scum team a framework of how to lie better if he's making this up. Congrats guys, none of you are helpful.

Should have waited to see what he says, ffs.

This was a response I gave to Smash, Balling and Nolder (I think) - all of whom kind of looked like town feeding 80 material to use in his lies.

On 6/27/2017 at 2:59 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

So you're voting me based on my reveal?  Whatever happened to "leave 80 alive, I can catch him with 1 post"?

Don't really care if you guys proceed to lynch me, especially if JiF confirms I have a gimped version of a watcher role.  But the reasons for lynching me D1 fall short.  It isn't the best play today. 

The bold. 80 claims to have had me on ignore since before his reveal. However, I said this EXACT thing to Crusher earlier in the game - this is one of many instances where 80 paraphrased things I was saying in part of what he was using to defend, or accuse. 

So... UNVOTE

On 6/27/2017 at 2:52 PM, The Crusher said:

It all comes down to if we believe 80's reveal or not.,Considering it's the same role JIF had last game, 80 dragged his feet on it, I'm leaning towards 80 making it up. Just clumsy reveal all together. 

I went back to read the Pirate and yes there is smoke but it's mostly typical derpirty derp Pirate stuff. 

Still think vote 80 is the play. 

On 6/27/2017 at 2:55 PM, Integrity28 said:

Earlier this game, you said you would catch 80 with one post if he's scum. You didn't. You've never made the case that he's scum, unless I missed it. Instead, you are gaming the mod. 

This vote reeks to me. 

This is where I first said it - before 80.

The important thing here is that Crusher urged folks to ignore the pirate and vote 80. 

Vote CTM/Crusher

58 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah, Smash has always been in favor of policy lynching for refusing to reveal, especially when the person refusing to reveal is a power role.  He even posted an angry response to Nolder recently about it when Nolder quoted Smash's post despite being dead.

Smash's movement at the end of D1 just screams townie. 

Does he ever push DPR, when DPR refused to reveal on D1?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Some key posts I noticed around the random lynch:

^^^ Seems like CTM is sitting back and recognizing the day will come down to 2 townies, and just eenie meenie miney moes it here. 

^^^ Smash has the chance to hammer Nolder but chose not to.  He had many other chances later too, even when Nolder continued to refuse to reveal.

^^^ JC was voting Nolder, then unvotes here.  Playing things cautiously.  Not a bad look really....

^^^ Smash demands Nolder's reveal.

Nolder continues to refuse, so JC jumps back on.

@Jetscode1, can you explain your behavior at this point in time?. 

^^^ Because he's scum?  Why would getting random'd as a townie generate emo?

^^^ More town-shaming. 

What a distorted and skewed reread, getting rando'd when i replaced in and was respectful enough to  the mod and other players to reread 20+ pages of garbage would cause emo you twat.. that was obvious to everyone at the time based on ape and jc's post. The fact that you are casing me on it now is slime you as ****

and wtf is town shaming and how exactly is that indicative of anything sinister. The town stupidly let it go to random, other people including ape said similar, which you conveniently left out, yet included the other post Ape reacted to , just cause, which imo most likely to help convince him to drop a vote

@Integrity28  .. to go back to earlier convo this is narrative building, he went back, cherry picked a few posts and distorted what was happening to create a broader narrative 

unvote

vote 80 

omgus + a clear and shameful case of building a narrative using false information 

Ballin's posts around the D1 deadline:

Sadly, this doesn't tell me much.  Ballin as scum could have assumed I would be the D1 lynch and just voted me as the top train.  He was fairly consistent saying I was scum most of the day so it would have been a bad look had he voted Nolder there. 

^^^ Town shaming or legitimate frustration?

While these posts don't do much to tell me Ballin's alignment either way, you do have to think if Ballin was scum, his teammates would have been yelling for him to drop the hammer on Nolder to avoid the chance that one of them would get random'd on D1. 

I'll push Ballin more towards the town end of the spectrum at this time.  Prefer to deal with the CTM/JC/Hess/Smash group that was voting Nolder.

so the top 2 trains were you (unknown) and nolder, and you are casing the nolder train as likely scum cause why? normally that is done when 1 of the 2 options is scum

lol yeah CTM.  I waited 75 pages just to frame you.  I fully admit confirmation bias was involved in that re-read but there just can't be 0 scum on that Nolder train.  You, JC, Hess and Smash.....At least one of you has to be scum. 

So instead of OMGUSing me for a "shameful" case tell me which among JC, Hess and Smash is most likely scum. 

1 minute ago, CTM said:

so the top 2 trains were you (unknown) and nolder, and you are casing the nolder train as likely scum cause why? normally that is done when 1 of the 2 options is scum

Because scum had 3 options at that point:

1) Lynch townie Nolder

2) Lynch me (I'm town)

3) Let it go random.

Options 1 or 2 would have been optimal for them on D1 rather than chancing it and letting it go Random.

General douchebaggery.  I put him on there before his spat with DPR, and even before his spat with Crusher.  Just kept him there because it made the game a lot easier to read. 

Might do that in all games!  When he posts something important others will end up quoting him anyways. 

sh*t, if I did that to you, I'd never get to see you post!

Wait....I might be on to something here.

• Upvote 2

Obviously you'd have to trust me as town for this analysis to work.  So just assume I'm town for just a moment, please.  Explain to me how it's possible that Nolder's train was entirely made up of town?

Keep in mind, the remaining train on me at the end of the day was DPR (Scum) and Ballin (unknown).  Earlier I was up to 5 votes. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol yeah CTM.  I waited 75 pages just to frame you.  I fully admit confirmation bias was involved in that re-read but there just can't be 0 scum on that Nolder train.  You, JC, Hess and Smash.....At least one of you has to be scum. 

So instead of OMGUSing me for a "shameful" case tell me which among JC, Hess and Smash is most likely scum. 

I don't agree with your assertion that one of us has to be scum, unless YOU are scum (as the alternative option)

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

This is me soliciting help to move to DPR.

This is me telling Leelou that DPR was the only one I was willing to go to.

This is my reaction to 80 voting Ballin, instead of DRP or Nolder.

Leelou was down with it.

Gross ^

80 came over, which earns him a little bit.

This is me telling CTM who was ONLINE to move to DPR with us, but he was too busy shaming us for being stupid and not voting

Finally, and I've bumped this already, this is Smash finally un-parking his vote on 80 and moving to Nolder - when the clear momentum was shifted to DPR - and offering up a horse-dookie rationale when no rationales were really needed in under 5 min.

The worst looking players in D1 aftermath are CTM for being online but not helping, Smash for being online and casting a vote with an benign rationale, and Ballin for basically avoiding the thread after Leelou started to breath down his neck.

If Hess is scum, then he's been masterful at aligning this thoughts and actions with mine - and manipulating. I just don't feel he's done that. I don't think I can vote him. Jetscode has done some thing that I've questioned, but I will not be voting him.

If I go back to things that pinged me on D1, my list is:

• DPR (the post I called narrative and false logic)
  • Crusher (the post I called out as a ping, then he called me an arrogant faggot)
  • Smash (the vote in under 5 min)
  • Ballin (many of the same posts that Leelou flagged)

D2, I didn't change my position on DPR. CTM replaced Crusher and I kind of fell into "Crusher wouldn't leave game as scum" mode, until CTM started trying to use the "Hess stalled" case. Smash is pushing anti-logic and his agenda to get me to "admit" 80 may not be vetted is disrupted and anti-town. Balling continues to hide.

I really can't come up with a reason to change my reads. I've tried.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong - this is where I'm at.

Dude, you got DPR to L-3 with like 2-3 minutes left. This was explained to you already. You missed Hess unvoting DPR with 10 minutes left. You never got DPR in the lynch zone and to suggest otherwise is completely false

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Obviously you'd have to trust me as town for this analysis to work.  So just assume I'm town for just a moment, please.  Explain to me how it's possible that Nolder's train was entirely made up of town?

Keep in mind, the remaining train on me at the end of the day was DPR (Scum) and Ballin (unknown).  Earlier I was up to 5 votes. 

If we assume you are town I'd assume that scum was split between your two trains.

Here were the VC's leading up to the deadline and Random lynch:

On 6/29/2017 at 3:24 PM, JiF said:

Official Vote Count:

80 (4) - Smash, DPR, Nol, Leelou

DPR (3)Nyn, 80, Hess

Nol (4) - Verb, JC, Ape, CTM

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to remove from campus.  Deadline 4pm today.

^^^ 36 minutes left.  DPR vs. 2 townies (again, I know I can't be trusted as town, but for the sake of argument assume I am).

On 6/29/2017 at 3:39 PM, JiF said:

Official Vote Count:

80 (5) - Smash, DPR, Nol, Leelou, Ballin

DPR (3)Nyn, 80, Hess

Nol (4) - Verb, JC, Ape, CTM

^^^ My train at it's apex here, as Ballin puts me at L-2.  21 minutes left.  Everyone else staying put. 

On 6/29/2017 at 3:54 PM, JiF said:

Official Vote Count:

80 (4) - Smash, DPR, Nol, Ballin

DPR (2) - Nyn, 80

Nol (5) - Verb, Ape, CTM, Hess, Leelou

^^^  With 6 minutes left, Leelou moves to Nolder to put him at L-2, as DPR no longer becomes a viable option.  Now it's down to me, Nolder, or Random. 

On 6/29/2017 at 4:29 PM, JiF said:

Official Vote Count.  NO SERIOUSLY OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

80 (2) - DPR, Ballin

Ape (1) - Nol

DPR (3) - Nyn, Ape, 80

Nol (6) - Verb, CTM, Hess, JC, Smash, Leelou

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to remove from campus.  Deadline 4pm today

^^^ Final VC.  Ballin stuck with me rather than hammering townie Nolder.  Smash came over late after Nolder's refusal to reveal, as was previously discussed. 

Ape, Smash and Ballin all had opportunities to hammer Nolder but chose not to.  Ape and Ballin stuck to their guns, while Smash, who had plenty of chances to hammer, merely settled on an L-2 policy vote on Nolder.

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Dude, you got DPR to L-3 with like 2-3 minutes left. This was explained to you already. You missed Hess unvoting DPR with 10 minutes left. You never got DPR in the lynch zone and to suggest otherwise is completely false

I think you're mixing up days. I wasn't around for D1 deadline. D2, after Nol countered...I don't remember there being any deadline or that we were close to it at least. 

80 is starting to make some sense maybe he is truly being blocked. JC was posting some things earlier that really got me thinking more about him because it really seemed he was cherry picking just to piss me off . It was not making sense. He's been all over the place on his reads that he claimed were Ape and 80 then all of a sudden on a reread of the same pages that formed those opinions he turned to me based on my back and forth with Ape.

I'm leaning away from 80 and Ape now and Im thinking I need to re think my stance.

CTM has been very Meh to me and I dont know how to read him right now but in all honesty I have not gone back to do a re read on him.

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

If we assume you are town I'd assume that scum was split between your two trains.

Just posted the VC's available.  My train dwindled down to 2.  Ballin was the only one who stuck with it.  Known townies Leelou and Nolder moved off of me. 

So your only options for scum on my train would be Ballin.  Maybe Smash. 

Thing is, Smash and Ballin were voting me for reasons that made sense.  Smash had oodles of chances to hammer Nolder and didn't.  Ballin, as scum could have easily been directed to hammer me by his teammates but never did.

That's why I don't think it's likely Smash or Ballin are scum.

That leaves the Nolder train to look at in my mind.

Obviously, if you guys are adamant that I'm scum, all of this analysis is moot and you'll just vote me.  But if you're willing to trust that I'm town, is there anything I'm stating that doesn't make sense?

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

D1 there was a quick jump to vote DPR towards the deadline I think upon reading Smash UNVOTE 80 to Vote Nol is what helped sorta bury DPR's steam. And 80 was right you were around just calling everyone stupid.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ 36 minutes left.  DPR vs. 2 townies (again, I know I can't be trusted as town, but for the sake of argument assume I am).

^^^ My train at it's apex here, as Ballin puts me at L-2.  21 minutes left.  Everyone else staying put. 

^^^  With 6 minutes left, Leelou moves to Nolder to put him at L-2, as DPR no longer becomes a viable option.  Now it's down to me, Nolder, or Random. 

^^^ Final VC.  Ballin stuck with me rather than hammering townie Nolder.  Smash came over late after Nolder's refusal to reveal, as was previously discussed. 

Ape, Smash and Ballin all had opportunities to hammer Nolder but chose not to.  Ape and Ballin stuck to their guns, while Smash, who had plenty of chances to hammer, merely settled on an L-2 policy vote on Nolder.

Disingenuous again.. you are using what happenned during the CFD when Ape unvoted Nolder to get DPR  to L-3 and earn us a random as a town tell.. meanwhile 2 known townies were on Nolder trying to earn a lynch which is the correct town play. (which you don't point out)

Unbelievable. I give up, Ape can't count, 80's building disingenuous cases that rely on "trusting him" .. 

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I think you're mixing up days. I wasn't around for D1 deadline. D2, after Nol countered...I don't remember there being any deadline or that we were close to it at least. 

D2 after dpr claimed and before nol countered, i didn't unvote.. you are mixing up days

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Disingenuous again.. you are using what happenned during the CFD when Ape unvoted Nolder to get DPR  to L-3 and earn us a random as a town tell.. meanwhile 2 known townies were on Nolder trying to earn a lynch which is the correct town play. (which you don't point out)

Unbelievable. I give up, Ape can't count, 80's building disingenuous cases that rely on "trusting him" .. 

So you're of the opinion that it's POSSIBLE all of these can be town if I'm town as well? 

Nolder (6) - Verb, CTM, Hess, JC, Smash, Leelou

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

D1 there was a quick jump to vote DPR towards the deadline I think upon reading Smash UNVOTE 80 to Vote Nol is what helped sorta bury DPR's steam. And 80 was right you were around just calling everyone stupid.

I was around ready to vote anyone, nobody besides nolder got to L-2 so why would I switch? You on the other hand disappeared 10 minutes before deadline AFTER unvoting the only known scum.. but 80  and ape ignore this in there rereads. amazing

Thing is, Smash and Ballin were voting me for reasons that made sense.  Smash had oodles of chances to hammer Nolder and didn't.  Ballin, as scum could have easily been directed to hammer me but never did.

That's why I don't think it's likely Smash or Ballin are scum.

That leaves the Nolder train to look at in my mind.

Obviously, if you guys are adamant that I'm scum, all of this analysis is moot and you'll just vote me.  But if you're willing to trust that I'm town, is there anything I'm stating that doesn't make sense?

Just bc you're scum doesn't mean you are gonna automatically be the hammer on a town lynch. Especially D1.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

So you're of the opinion that it's POSSIBLE all of these can be town? 

Nolder (6) - Verb, CTM, Hess, JC, Smash, Leelou

No, my opinion is through POE there is mot likely scum on there, but I don't see why we'd build a case around it when we don't know your alignment OR why you are ignoring things like i referenced above when you reread

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

What do you want from me?  Since I know it was DPR vs. 2 townies then there's a lot to glean from that.  How else do you want me to analyze the situation?  Do you want me to look at it through the lens of me as scum?  Because that seems smart and a great use of time/information....

80 I had a very strong read on Nolder as being a Power role very strong because Ive seen him do this more than once. As scum hes going to **** around and fake claim something stupid not so much as a doc. Why he wont claim with a town PR is beyond me since all he had to do was protect himself after a reveal and coast to end game, or at least thats what he should have thought I've done that 2 times in the past . Yes he got killed shortly after a reveal with a day kill but there could not be any way he knew that was coming nor could any of us.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

I was around ready to vote anyone, nobody besides nolder got to L-2 so why would I switch? You on the other hand disappeared 10 minutes before deadline AFTER unvoting the only known scum.. but 80  and ape ignore this in there rereads. amazing

It's not a matter of YOU switching.  It's PoE.  Why wouldn't Ballin, Ape, Smash or myself hammer Nolder if any of us were scum?  Hammering a townie who had been highly suspected all day rather than going to Random would be the play there as scum. 

The fact that no one mentioned above hammered Nolder means the only ones who COULD be scum were already on the Nolder train.