JN Mafia: Revenge of the Nerds

@Jetscode1 yeah, my reads on Nyn and Verbal sucked.  They were primarily centered on the reactions (or lack thereof) to my reveal.  Which, in hindsight, were basically meaningless. 

As for DPR, main reason I dropped off of him is I thought he was hinting at a town Power Role and wanted to see how things played out.  He still stayed in my Top 3/4 throughout that day.  Wish I'd stuck with him throughout so we wouldn't have lost Nolder. 

This was the final D1 vote count, after which it went Random:

Official Vote Count.  NO SERIOUSLY OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

80 (2) - DPR, Ballin

Ape (1) - Nol

DPR (3)Nyn, Ape, 80

Nol (6) - Verb, CTM, Hess, JC, Smash, Leelou

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to remove from campus.  Deadline 4pm today

Have to imagine there was scum on Nolder's train, maybe even 2 scum.  Scum likely would have preferred to take out Nolder, who they knew to be town, than let the lynch go Random.  

That puts CTM, JC, Hess and Smash in the crosshairs, and makes me feel better about Ape and Ballin as Town. 

4 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

KderAnother VC.

Ape or CTM scum?

If 80 is not scum, then Smash or Ballin scum?  If 80 is scum, why not vote Nol here to move that train along?

Eh, in my case I had made a couple things clear: 1 I felt like 80 could be vetted, 2 I thought DPR was scum

i voted Nolder for the deadline, no real other reason.

3 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Dude, we've played this game together for 10 years.  I like to re-read with hindsight at some point.  Tonight I have time.  I'm quoting the posts and responding not as way to answer your questions.  I've answered those with a replay just like tis one.  

My vote on you was earned through my analysis of wagonomics and your general narrative throughout the game.  

This flailing by Smash isn't even rational, he's trying to get you to explain the obvious... it's as sensible as him spending his time trying to get me to admit that 80 might not get vetted, which proves no point and is a distraction for the town at this point.

Some key posts I noticed around the random lynch:

On 6/29/2017 at 2:29 PM, CTM said:

if this is still accurate, we are 1.5hr from dl and i have a meeting starting now. Prefer Nol to 80 so Vote Nol

will be back on in 1hr or so

^^^ Seems like CTM is sitting back and recognizing the day will come down to 2 townies, and just eenie meenie miney moes it here. 

On 6/29/2017 at 3:47 PM, Smashmouth said:

Nol at L-1 I believe better say something

^^^ Smash has the chance to hammer Nolder but chose not to.  He had many other chances later too, even when Nolder continued to refuse to reveal.

On 6/29/2017 at 3:49 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Unvote

^^^ JC was voting Nolder, then unvotes here.  Playing things cautiously.  Not a bad look really....

On 6/29/2017 at 3:55 PM, Smashmouth said:

dude  if your a power role i'm going to punch you right in the ******* face. Too many people lately are on this no reveal kick and it ****s town every god damn time and Im sick of investing my time in stupid.

^^^ Smash demands Nolder's reveal.

On 6/29/2017 at 3:57 PM, Nolder said:

@Pac gets it at least.

It's ******* stupid to let scum run everyone up on D1 and force reveals until they've outed all of towns powers.

I'm not playing that game.

If you think my play has been scummy then vote me and stand by that.

I'm not revealing.

I could be vanilla, I could be cop, doc, watcher, tracker, vig, and more.

Not gonna happen so if that's what you're waiting for don't expect it.

On 6/29/2017 at 3:58 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Vote Nolder

Nolder continues to refuse, so JC jumps back on.

@Jetscode1, can you explain your behavior at this point in time?

On 6/29/2017 at 3:58 PM, CTM said:

just caught up.. buffoonery if this goes to random.

^^^ Town shaming.

You should have mentioned this 10 minutes ago.  like serious.

^^^ JC's reaction to a suggestion that we should speedlynch CTM. 

On 6/29/2017 at 3:59 PM, CTM said:

of i get it with the random we'll have another emo

^^^ Because he's scum?  Why would getting random'd as a townie generate emo?

On 6/29/2017 at 4:01 PM, CTM said:

stupid

^^^ More town-shaming. 

On 6/29/2017 at 4:02 PM, Jetscode1 said:

stupid is as stupid does....

^^^ JC seems to implicate CTM as part of the stupidity here. 

On 6/29/2017 at 4:31 PM, CTM said:

so ape sent us to random, lol

Probably a null tell on this post but thought I'd include it anyways.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Another funny tidbit when JC just said that Ape's analysis was good on me and he bolded it to show as much Mr JC's vote was parked on Nolder while we went to a random lynch pretty funny sh*t if you ask me. It also shows how much JC is actually paying attention to his re read. Bad Bad Smash for moving your vote to Nolder because Nolder refused to reveal but it was just fine for JC to keep his vote there while he claimed Ape and 80 were scum.  

So, are you saying JC is scum? What's your point?

Smash as scum counter-arguments often unpack benign details that allude to his accuser being scum, but don't actually lead to his making the case. They are flawed in that way.

Are you scum?

Ballin's posts around the D1 deadline:

On 6/29/2017 at 3:30 PM, BallinPB said:

I'm here but I don't have the time to read back.  I have a bid at work I need to get out.  

On 6/29/2017 at 3:31 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

We need your vote.

On 6/29/2017 at 3:33 PM, Nolder said:

Can you drop a vote please?

Use your best instincts, it's not like you've been inactive.

On 6/29/2017 at 3:37 PM, BallinPB said:

I'm going to stick to what I said earlier then...

vote 80

On 6/29/2017 at 3:39 PM, JiF said:

Official Vote Count:

80 (5) - Smash, DPR, Nol, Leelou, Ballin

DPR (3) - Nyn, 80, Hess

Nol (4) - Verb, JC, Ape, CTM

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to remove from campus.  Deadline 4pm today.

Sadly, this doesn't tell me much.  Ballin as scum could have assumed I would be the D1 lynch and just voted me as the top train.  He was fairly consistent saying I was scum most of the day so it would have been a bad look had he voted Nolder there. 

On 6/29/2017 at 4:14 PM, BallinPB said:

not sure what the hell all the talk was for if you were gonna just "CFD" at the end.  ******* retarded.

^^^ Town shaming or legitimate frustration?

While these posts don't do much to tell me Ballin's alignment either way, you do have to think if Ballin was scum, his teammates would have been yelling for him to drop the hammer on Nolder to avoid the chance that one of them would get random'd on D1. 

I'll push Ballin more towards the town end of the spectrum at this time.  Prefer to deal with the CTM/JC/Hess/Smash group that was voting Nolder.

On 6/29/2017 at 3:54 PM, JiF said:

Official Vote Count:

80 (4) - Smash, DPR, Nol, Ballin

DPR (2) - Nyn, 80

Nol (5) - Verb, Ape, CTM, Hess, Leelou

No I was right the first time.  Smash was on me.....

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just realized Smash couldn't have hammered Nolder since he was already on the train.  My bad.  Dumb. 

That was actually one of my reasons. But to be fair he sorta defended his own reasoning well. Or well enough maybe. I can't see him as my first choice to vote today. 

On 6/29/2017 at 3:59 PM, Smashmouth said:

Ok good unvote vote Nolder

Sorry but this is stupid l;ogic if you have a PR and cant have the decency to stay alive and get a sliver of good out of the role then your a worse tthreat to town than ******* scum.

^^^ This is when Smash switched to Nolder, 1 minute before the deadline.  However, it only put Nolder at L-2 at the time.

On 6/29/2017 at 4:00 PM, Leelou said:

Srsly?

unvote vote nolder

This put Nolder at L-1, the closest he got to the noose. 

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

That was actually one of my reasons. But to be fair he sorta defended his own reasoning well. Or well enough maybe. I can't see him as my first choice to vote today. 

Yeah, Smash has always been in favor of policy lynching for refusing to reveal, especially when the person refusing to reveal is a power role.  He even posted an angry response to Nolder recently about it when Nolder quoted Smash's post despite being dead.

Smash's movement at the end of D1 just screams townie. 

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Do you have him on ignore bc DPR was butt I mean scum mate?

General douchebaggery.  I put him on there before his spat with DPR, and even before his spat with Crusher.  Just kept him there because it made the game a lot easier to read. 

Might do that in all games!  When he posts something important others will end up quoting him anyways. 

On 6/29/2017 at 3:54 PM, JiF said:

Official Vote Count:

80 (4) - Smash, DPR, Nol, Ballin

DPR (2) - Nyn, 80

Nol (5) - Verb, Ape, CTM, Hess, Leelou

On 6/29/2017 at 3:55 PM, JiF said:

5 MINUTES!!!!

On 6/29/2017 at 3:55 PM, Leelou said:

Mine was after and I just realized ballin voted you.

5 min...cfd on ballin?

On 6/29/2017 at 3:55 PM, Integrity28 said:

@Jetscode1 @Jetsfan80 CFD to DPR?

This is me soliciting help to move to DPR.

On 6/29/2017 at 3:56 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Yeah, do you really think we could get a CFD on Ape in under five minutes?

On 6/29/2017 at 3:56 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Since my vote on DPR is worthless now I can get behind this.

Unvote vote Ballin

On 6/29/2017 at 3:56 PM, Leelou said:

Unvote vote Ballin

On 6/29/2017 at 3:56 PM, Integrity28 said:

DPR or bust.

This is me telling Leelou that DPR was the only one I was willing to go to.

On 6/29/2017 at 3:57 PM, Integrity28 said:

WTF disgusting.

This is my reaction to 80 voting Ballin, instead of DRP or Nolder.

On 6/29/2017 at 3:58 PM, Leelou said:

Fine. Go

unvote vote dpr

Leelou was down with it.

Vote Nolder

Gross ^

On 6/29/2017 at 3:58 PM, Integrity28 said:

unvote vote dpr

On 6/29/2017 at 3:58 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

unvote vote DPR

80 came over, which earns him a little bit.

On 6/29/2017 at 3:58 PM, Integrity28 said:

vote dpr 

This is me telling CTM who was ONLINE to move to DPR with us, but he was too busy shaming us for being stupid and not voting

On 6/29/2017 at 3:59 PM, Smashmouth said:

Ok good unvote vote Nolder

Sorry but this is stupid l;ogic if you have a PR and cant have the decency to stay alive and get a sliver of good out of the role then your a worse tthreat to town than ******* scum.

Finally, and I've bumped this already, this is Smash finally un-parking his vote on 80 and moving to Nolder - when the clear momentum was shifted to DPR - and offering up a horse-dookie rationale when no rationales were really needed in under 5 min.

The worst looking players in D1 aftermath are CTM for being online but not helping, Smash for being online and casting a vote with an benign rationale, and Ballin for basically avoiding the thread after Leelou started to breath down his neck.

If Hess is scum, then he's been masterful at aligning this thoughts and actions with mine - and manipulating. I just don't feel he's done that. I don't think I can vote him. Jetscode has done some thing that I've questioned, but I will not be voting him.

If I go back to things that pinged me on D1, my list is:

• DPR (the post I called narrative and false logic)
  • Crusher (the post I called out as a ping, then he called me an arrogant faggot)
  • Smash (the vote in under 5 min)
  • Ballin (many of the same posts that Leelou flagged)

D2, I didn't change my position on DPR. CTM replaced Crusher and I kind of fell into "Crusher wouldn't leave game as scum" mode, until CTM started trying to use the "Hess stalled" case. Smash is pushing anti-logic and his agenda to get me to "admit" 80 may not be vetted is disrupted and anti-town. Balling continues to hide.

I really can't come up with a reason to change my reads. I've tried.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong - this is where I'm at.

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just realized Smash couldn't have hammered Nolder since he was already on the train.  My bad.  Dumb. 

I believe that Smash and CTM could have moved to DPR to lynch him - and they were both there posting at the time.

14 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Ape's one ping for me was his stance on JC, not voting him sorta a little too difiantly. 

I read JC better than any other player in mafia. I have to trust my guy on some of these, or I end up spinning in circles and playing like sh*t. I've kind of gotten to a point as a player where I recognize my earliest reads are my best, and as long as I stick to them and don't start spinning - I can be an asset. @The Crusherhas been telling me this for years. :)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

General douchebaggery.  I put him on there before his spat with DPR, and even before his spat with Crusher.  Just kept him there because it made the game a lot easier to read. 

Might do that in all games!  When he posts something important others will end up quoting him anyways. 

If true - this might be the Sally-est thing in the history of mafia.