MIA could be the next stop on the Kaepernick train

nycdan

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2725609-ryan-tannehills-knee-injury-reportedly-may-require-season-ending-surgery

Every team must be nervous about losing a QB in training camp and becoming the next punching bag for this issue.  The press is just waiting for each opening to pounce and bash.  It doesn't even matter if he doesn't fit your offense, or if you just think he isn't worth the distraction.  BAL is taking it on the chin right now because of how they defended Ray Rice initially.

I do think he should eventually find his way back to the game if he is ready to make it his priority, but I can't blame any team for wanting to avoid the circus.  Just glad it isn't the Jets.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

The Dolphins actually have one of the better back up QBs in the league in Matt Moore.

Won't matter at all to the media.  They'll see an opening, even for a backup, that fits the agenda.  Ozzie Newsome must be the happiest guy in the room right now.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not saying they'd sign him.  By 'train' I meant the rolling cloud of chest-beating over poor Colin not getting a job because he is being oppressed by the white-privileged NFL owners.  The fact that he sucked for several years?  Not a factor in *this* conversation.

Don't believe me?  Listen to any Sirius sports channel for 15 minutes.  It's brutal.  Personally, I don't care if he plays or not, but I'll admit I'd rather not have him here.  We had our moment with Tebow.  Enough drama for one decade, thanks.

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2725609-ryan-tannehills-knee-injury-reportedly-may-require-season-ending-surgery

Every team must be nervous about losing a QB in training camp and becoming the next punching bag for this issue.  The press is just waiting for each opening to pounce and bash.  It doesn't even matter if he doesn't fit your offense, or if you just think he isn't worth the distraction.  BAL is taking it on the chin right now because of how they defended Ray Rice initially.

I do think he should eventually find his way back to the game if he is ready to make it his priority, but I can't blame any team for wanting to avoid the circus.  Just glad it isn't the Jets.

I heard on PTI last night that A. Tannenhills injury will probably NOT be season ending. and B. Kap's comments on Castro (praising him) did not go over very well in Miami and he is actually considered more radioactive (off the field) there than in a lot of other places. 

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

I agree with @JoJoTownsell1 it would be Cutler. Cutler has played in Gase's system and did well in it.

I think Cutler is done and ready to move on from playing football. Maybe the 'jones' will come back at some point but I think it would be hard to get him out of the booth right now. 

3 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I think Cutler is done and ready to move on from playing football. Maybe the 'jones' will come back at some point but I think it would be hard to get him out of the booth right now. 

How long until Romo's name starts popping up.  I think Tony is done and happy to be done, but it won't stop the chatter.  

Just now, T0mShane said:

Wow, that's a pretty interesting quote from him. Seriously. 

Interesting, and maybe very smart.  If they don't sign him, it is now defensibly a football decision.  No matter what may be said behind closed doors... plausible deniability.

Or maybe it's straight up true.  No idea but it will be a fun circus until the news on Tannehill sorts itself out.

14 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Maybe, but he would be going to a situation where he doesn't have to learn an entire system. I think Romo is more "done" than Cutler. Romo's body is failing him where Cutler seemed like he wanted to still find a team, and the Gase connection could make it easier for him to come back.

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Interesting, and maybe very smart.  If they don't sign him, it is now defensibly a football decision.  No matter what may be said behind closed doors... plausible deniability.

Or maybe it's straight up true.  No idea but it will be a fun circus until the news on Tannehill sorts itself out.

Agreed. Watching another Tannenbaum team implode will be fun for all.

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

and for all the wrong reasons.  If this were a top-15 QB talent, he'd be playing.  Marginal talents don't get the same benefit of the doubt.  

If Kaepernick was an effective NFL starting Qb he would have a job right now even with his nonsense

He's out of the NFL for the same reason Tebow is out.  No organization thinks he's worth bringing the circus to town 

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

The circus could be the 3 QB's right here. Kaepernick is better than all of them. The Jets need an identity. Kaepernick easily provides one. The Raiders and Steelers made a living and won championships by being the most hated teams. 

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I would be opposed to Kapernick not because of his political beliefs, but because he is just not really a good QB and never was able to adapt once teams learned to defense him.

And you came to this conclusion how, exactly? Tell us how you quantified this.

2 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

The circus could be the 3 QB's right here. Kaepernick is better than all of them. The Jets need an identity. Kaepernick easily provides one. The Raiders and Steelers made a living and won championships by being the most hated teams. 

Comparing what Kap did to what Ray Rice did is REALLY going overboard.

Ray Rice is a good man who made a huge mistake.  Leave him out of this.

what identity does kaep provide that we need?  we are trying to develop 2 young QBs, how does a mediocre vet who is not focused on football help us w/ that?

51 minutes ago, thadude said:

If Kaepernick was an effective NFL starting Qb he would have a job right now even with his nonsense

He's out of the NFL for the same reason Tebow is out.  No organization thinks he's worth bringing the circus to town 

He has been saying since before the end of last season that he would stand for the National Anthem this year.....so what circus are you referring to?

Just now, nyjunc said:

what identity does kaep provide that we need?  we are trying to develop 2 young QBs, how does a mediocre vet who is not focused on football help us w/ that?

Prove he is not focused on football. People keep saying this with no evidence to support it.

Just now, Awesumtenor said:

He has been saying since before the end of last season that he would stand for the National Anthem this year.....so what circus are you referring to?

which shows what a phony he is, he'll stand as a FA needing a job.  

what circus?  have you been paying attention? as recently as the other day his girlfriend tweeted out a photo showing the ravens owner and ray lewis as slave and master.  it would be nothing but distractions w/ this guy and his talent isn't worth it.  I don't care who signs him, I hope Miami signs him(watch what the Cuban community does)- that would be fun to watch.

Just now, Awesumtenor said:

Prove he is not focused on football. People keep saying this with no evidence to support it.

prove he is, he hasn't said a word about football. show me he's working hard, show me how bad he wants it?  no one can b/c he is in hiding.  the only thing he has done is out word out he will sacrifice his beliefs to stand for our Nat'l anthem b/c he needs a job.

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

16 TD's 4 Picks. He is focused. 

Just now, Jetdawgg said:

16 TD's 4 Picks. He is focused. 

1-11, I don't care about garbage time stats.  

he needs to speak on his behalf instead of floating stuff in the media.  I have no issue if a team decides to sign him, as long as it's not here I don't care.

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

They just make sh1t up

made up stuff like his girlfriend comparing Ray Lewis and Bal's owner to slave and slave master.

made up stuff like calling police modern day slave catchers

made up stuff like the castro and guevera stuff

made up stuff like the pig socks

yep, it's all made up.  no distractions at all w/ him.  just a fine QB who was 1-11 a year ago but he'd be a difference maker here:lol:

Just now, nyjunc said:

which shows what a phony he is, he'll stand as a FA needing a job.  

what circus?  have you been paying attention? as recently as the other day his girlfriend tweeted out a photo showing the ravens owner and ray lewis as slave and master.  it would be nothing but distractions w/ this guy and his talent isn't worth it.  I don't care who signs him, I hope Miami signs him(watch what the Cuban community does)- that would be fun to watch.

It is amazing how you cannot make a single quantitative argument based on his play for not hiring him. You keep going to political nonsense. There is no football argument for not signing him to be a backup QB; people make claims that  he is mediocre...while less than mediocre QBs like Fitz and McCown and Blaine Gabbert and others are who not as good...by any and all measures... have jobs.

There are not 64 QBs better than Kaepernick. There aren't even 32 QBs better than Kaepernick. When this is pointed out, the "he's not signed because he's not a good enough QB" argument immediately goes to T-shirts and socks and other subjective political nonsense that we've all agreed to keep out of this forum. 

If there is a FOOTBALL argument to be made against him, can someone...ANYONE...make it? 

Archived