Points from Yesterday

UnitedWhofans

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

No. Next year, if he misses the QB pick. I've said this a few ties

In order to decide if a GM deserves to be fired you will trust them with what is, quite likely, the biggest single NFL asset in over a decade? 

To get to the point where he has this asset, he has had to decimate the roster to the point where the Jets are the worst team in the NFL.  Their best players were not injured, they simply entered the season as front runners for #1 overall.  Do you see the logical flaw in this plan?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spoot-Face said:

What players has Macc picked that gives you comfort in giving him another opportunity like the one we are facing next draft?

I'll take my chances with the devil you know rather than the devil you don't. And he has not failed with his top ten picks. Williams and Adams are good players. That gives me confidence

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

NFL Executive of the Year awards prolong stays. Winning seasons prolong a stay. His first year allows him this field 

Going to give you a little lesson:

Awards are meaningless.  Being able to look at a winning season, see the who, what, when, where and why is what makes a good GM.  The failure of this one was brought boldly into focus with the handling of Fitzpatrick last year.  Then, Fitzpatrick's 2016 performance cemented the fact that this man should not be allowed to use the #1 overall.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I'll take my chances with the devil you know rather than the devil you don't. And he has not failed with his top ten picks. Williams and Adams are good players. That gives me confidence

Exactly how much have you been abused in your life?

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

In order to decide if a GM deserves to be fired you will trust them with what is, quite likely, the biggest single NFL asset in over a decade? 

To get to the point where he has this asset, he has had to decimate the roster to the point where the Jets are the worst team in the NFL.  Their best players were not injured, they simply entered the season as front runners for #1 overall.  Do you see the logical flaw in this plan?

The thing is - Macc could still suck and hit a homerun with Darnold and Rosen.  I'd pick Darnold and/or Rosen too.  It's not like this is hard.  Nor was taking Williams or Adams.  A GM needs to be capable of doing more than taking the consensus BAP with a high pick they earned for having a bad team.  All GMs can do that.  Good GMs turn late 1st round picks into assets that aren't Darron Lee.  They also turn second round picks into assets that aren't Devin Smith and Christian Hackenberg.

Just now, gEYno said:

The thing is - Macc could still suck and hit a homerun with Darnold and Rosen.  I'd pick Darnold and/or Rosen too.  It's not like this is hard.  Nor was taking Williams or Adams.  A GM needs to be capable of doing more than taking the consensus BAP with a high pick they earned for having a bad team.  All GMs can do that.  Good GMs turn late 1st round picks into assets that aren't Darron Lee.  They also turn second round picks into assets that aren't Devin Smith and Christian Hackenberg.

So Ryan Grigson still has a job because......

22 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You can hold two differing ideals and feelings in your mind per F. Scott Fitzgerald

You can be happy and content and complain. 

My Bowles comment is an observation and a complaint.

Nope. Not your mind.

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I am logically correct. If you're not going to get a guy who's better? why fire him?

Nope. The goal was to hire a good GM. If you change the standard to "better than Idzik" then you can in fact achieve that, but still fail to hire z good GM.

Which is where we are. Logic.

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

NFL Executive of the Year awards prolong stays. Winning seasons prolong a stay. His first year allows him this field 

Whofans, you're straight slaying the haters as always. Just out of curiousity, do you know who votes for Executive of the Year?

14 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Macc, heading into his 3rd year, has potentially the worst team in the league.  Josh McCown is the QB.  Matt Forte is the RB.  There is no pass rusher.  There are no offensive play makers.  There's no talent at CB.  The team has a legitimate chance at the #1 overall pick.  This team is literally no better than when he took it over.  Most of the draft picks have been bad.  Macc is within the Idzik margin of error.

Mac is actually in pace to do worse than Idzik. Both horrid at drafting, but at least Idzik was smart enough to go subversive with Rex, which spurred him to win games to spite Idzik. Mac hasn't done anything to get Bowles to be any good.

And then of course the big problemwith getting rid of Maccagnan is the feat that Woody will go back to a bean counter.

You call us all miserable, but I think you are truly way more scared than the rest of us.

It's not your fault.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I might be, but I am also not wasting my major time and my energy on this. So at the end of the day, I don't care as much you do.

I am also not wasting my major time and my energy on this. So at the end of the day, I don't care as much you do.

not wasting my major time and my energy on this.

not wasting my major time and my energy on this.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't care

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

You call us all miserable, but I think you are truly way more scared than the rest of us.

It's not your fault.

Oh man, ive done the "it's not your fault" troll to one of these ****tards in the past... good times

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, it is actually quite fun! I see why you do it!

An ape can only be entertained by peeing into his own mouth for so long... must have variety.

Archived