With Darnold having subpar year and Browns knowing Rosen doesn't want to play for them they may be willing to trade the pick.

Jetsbb

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It makes sense that Allen will improve his draft status the farther he gets from his awful season and the more scouts see him throwing in shorts and become mesmerized by his measurables. I could certainly see this happening.

Here's an interesting aspect. With a #1 pick QB in the fold, Kizer becomes expendable. He's young, talented and unrefined. I could see the Pats trading a 4th or 5th round pick for Kizer and grooming him as Brady's successor.

I wouldn’t give up on Kizer either I think he’s going to get better

Allen is going to destroy his workouts he’s an Adonis he might not even fall to6

22 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Darnold already said he'd be honored play anywhere in the NFL. He's not a big mouth like Rosen. So that's not likely.

Darnold is being smart he’s not openly saying he won’t play in Cleveland hence the rumors two days ago he was leaning to staying at USC that was his signal to Dorsey he better not draft him

14 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Rumors came out the Browns GM loves Allen and you don't want a player with Rosen's personality that doesn't want to play for you. Is Sam Darnold looked at so highly as he was in the beginning of the year? Maccagnon needs to make a real strong offer not tip toe like he always does.

If they have declared for the draft, they are pretty much resigned to the possibility

13 hours ago, flgreen said:

And it probably won't be.  He probably said to a buddy over a few beers he'd rather go to the Giants then the Browns, and the story got turned around that he wouldn't play for the Browns.  Better story

Take a few minutes and read about Rosen's life growing up and his family.  His family is an extremely wealthy and influential group of people, who absolutely have the acumen, and "juice" to orchestrate him playing where he wants to, especially if the Giants are picking at 3 and the alternative is Cleveland - CLEVELAND.

There is no way Rosen is a Brown in 2018

21 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Take a few minutes and read about Rosen's life growing up and his family.  His family is an extremely wealthy and influential group of people, who absolutely have the acumen, and "juice" to orchestrate him playing where he wants to, especially if the Giants are picking at 3 and the alternative is Cleveland - CLEVELAND.

There is no way Rosen is a Brown in 2018

Oh I know about Rosen.  If I were the Giants GM I would have to think long and hard before taking him.  One because of the injuries which every one is ignoring.....right now.  In 2016 his season was ended for shoulder surgery.  In 2017 he has had 2 concussions.  Not a good history for the 2nd pick in the draft.

Aside from the health issues, from what I have read at least, he might not be real coachable.  Has a strong anti authority attitude, and is very self centered.  Spoiled rich kid.  With that said, the BS that flys around these kids from the supposed "sports reporters"  is pathetic.  Look at yesterday.  Walter comes out with a report from "inside sources" that Darnold is staying in school, a half hour later Darnold declares for the draft.  LOL  Walter made that up to get the poop pot stirred.  If it turned out he was right he could brag for the next three years about how connected he was.  As it turned out he was  wrong in his unfounded  guess, so he'll never mention it again.

As far as his family goes, yes they are rich, but their influence isn't going to force the Browns hand if they were set on taking him.  I doubt they want him, that's why they won't take him.

I suspect even though they aren't being talked about, the browns will get in the Cousins sweepstakes with the Jets.  JMO

1 hour ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Darnold already said he'd be honored play anywhere in the NFL. He's not a big mouth like Rosen. So that's not likely.

I think he knows Rosen would be picked before him and is now lobbying to be the #1 pick.

Archived