How will the Top 3 picks go?

Sarge4Tide

Top 3 Picks?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Regardless if Cleveland Keeps or Trades the Pick, who will be the #1 Pick in the Draft?

• Josh Allen QB
    • Saquon Barkley RB
    • Sam Darnold QB
    • Baker Mayfield QB
    • Josh Rosen QB
    • Someone Else
  2. 2. Regardless if the Giants Keep or Trade the Pick, who will be the #2 Pick in the Draft?

• Josh Allen QB
    • Saquon Barkley RB
    • Bradley Chubb DE
    • Sam Darnold QB
    • Baker Mayfield QB
    • Quenton Nelson OL
    • Josh Rosen QB
    • Someone Else
  3. 3. Assuming the Jets keep the Pick, who will be the #3 pick in the draft?

• Josh Allen QB
    • Saquon Barkley RB
    • Sam Darnold QB
    • Baker Mayfield QB
    • Josh Rosen QB
    • Someone Else

I think that either Rosen, Allen, or Mayfield will be a Jet. Darnold will almost certainly be gone.

If the Giants take Barkley or Nelson, we draft Rosen, no questions asked. 

If the Giants either take Rosen or trade to a team that does, we draft Allen or Mayfield (probably Allen, but I hope I'm wrong)

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think that either Rosen, Allen, or Mayfield will be a Jet. Darnold will almost certainly be gone.

If the Giants either take Rosen or trade to a team that does, we draft Allen or Mayfield (probably Allen, but I hope I'm wrong)

If the jints tale barkley or nelson @ 2 They're Retarded.

Just now, slimjasi said:

I tend to agree with you. I think passing on a guy like Rosen is a terrible decision. 

But I also believe that there is a legit chance they consider it. 

I'd think they would trade down first... at #2... that would just be too high for either one of them....  imo

31 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I'd think they would trade down first... at #2... that would just be too high for either one of them....  imo

Very possible. 

The only thing is, it sounds like the teams most interested in trading up are well outside of the top 5. It's going to truly take a king's ransom for the Giants to move down to 12, for instance, and trade with Buffalo. 

Just now, southtown24th said:

The issue is the #2 pick...if the Giants take Rosen or another team takes their spot and takes Rosen...we are left with Allen/Mayfield...it is time for us to get used to that idea and the pick MIGHT BE Allen...we need to get used to that idea asap.

Unfortunately, I agree. I think he's a real possibility. Personally, I think it will be Rosen or Allen. Would very surprised if it ended up being anyone else. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Very possible. 

The only thing is, it sounds like the teams most interested in trading up are well outside of the top 5. It's going to truly take a king's ransom for the Giants to move down to 12, for instance, and trade with Buffalo. 

I just Hope the Browns draft Darnold, the jints draft Rosen & we draft MAYFIELD.

Just gotta wrap our minds around Allen and start to see some of his positive traits and strengths...that's our only hope. Might as well make the best of it.

The good news is: the franchise FINALLY made the right move and made the QB position a priority, regardless of the ultimate outcome.

3 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I just Hope the Browns draft Darnold, the jints draft Rosen & we draft MAYFIELD.

I'd be thrilled with any one of Darlold or Rosen (but strongly prefer Rosen), content with Mayfield, and disappointed with Allen. 

46 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The Giants would be fools not to talk to us too if they're trading out of #2...they could trade to #3 and then again if they wanted depending on the haul. More trades, more capital.

Just a thought.

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

The Giants would be fools not to talk to us too if they're trading out of #2...they could trade to #3 and then again if they wanted depending on the haul. More trades, more capital.

Just a thought.

Great point. 

7 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

The issue is the #2 pick...if the Giants take Rosen or another team takes their spot and takes Rosen...we are left with Allen/Mayfield...it is time for us to get used to that idea and the pick MIGHT BE Allen...we need to get used to that idea asap.

Or offer the Giants a reason to move back one spot first, then move back more to the same teams who still want a QB.  If the NYG want a QB, they'll stay at #2 obviously.

Cleveland and the Giants are in very tough spots. I see one of them going with Barkley though. Cleveland should and then take a QB at 4 but idk if they will. The Giants should take a QB - but their free agent acquisitions suggest they are going to try to squeeze one more run out of this roster.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Great point. 

Everything hinges on two things at this point, but could change with a CLE deal to trade #1 (I doubt it):

1.  Do the Browns take the QB 1st and pray for Barkley later,  or do they want to ensure Barkley with the 1 and take their chances to get Allen at 4 as it's been reported they like him.

2.  Do the NYG want a QB?

Darnold

Barkley

Rosen

I just don't see the Giants going QB because every move they have made so far screams short term. They're retooling for a run, not building for the future. Also, Mogglez said the Jets called the Giants and inquired about trading up, and were told the pick wasn't available. IMO, That most likely means they've locked onto a certain player, so I just don't see them trading out of that spot either. I think they take Barkley (or possibly Nelson). Which leaves us with The Rosen One.

29 minutes ago, King P said:

Darnold

Barkley

Rosen

I just don't see the Giants going QB because every move they have made so far screams short term. They're retooling for a run, not building for the future. Also, Mogglez said the Jets called the Giants and inquired about trading up, and were told the pick wasn't available. IMO, That most likely means they've locked onto a certain player, so I just don't see them trading out of that spot either. I think they take Barkley (or possibly Nelson). Which leaves us with The Rosen One.

Or that they already have a deal in the works with another team.(Denver, Buffalo?) but it hasn’t been finialized yet. Giants only have 5 picks this year and could honestly take Buffalo for all they are worth. Could see them drop down to 5 with Denver if they really wanted to stay in the top 5 still. Would Elway do that? He seemed pretty happy with Keenum so he could wait for who ever that falls to him. 

It’s also possible that they just don’t want to trade with the Jets.

Really just playing devil’s advocate tbqh but these are all plausible. I hope you are right though and they are locked in on a player.(Barkley)

Nobody plans on picking high in the draft (except in exceptional circumstances, like the "Suck for Luck" year when the Colts tanked to get Andrew Luck). Manning is 37 years old and plays like a geriatric. I can see Gettleman thinking to himself that he has a golden opportunity to select Manning's successor at the right end of the draft and letting him sit for a season while Shurmur wrings Manning for the last drops of decent QB play before Manning's arm falls off. Then the pieces are already in place for whichever QB the Giants take at #2 to assume control. If the Giants are lucky, they palm Manning off to another franchise who thinks he's going to take them over the hump, or Manning simply retires.

Archived