Move the Sticks 360 : Baker Mayfield Podcast

Gangrene

https://art19.com/shows/move-the-sticks/episodes/8f8ff403-af3c-4b5b-9b86-d4b6bfc90e70 

Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks scout the polarizing Heisman winning quarterback, Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield. DJ and Bucky try to find out what makes Mayfield tick by speaking to his high school (11:14) Hank Carter; college coaches (27:34), teammate Dede Westbrook (33:20) and friends including WWE Hall of Fame announcer Jim Ross (40:35). The guys also tell you where Mayfield should go in the draft and which teams should draft the former Sooner gunslinger. 

My favorite parts of the podcast are interviews with his high school coach at the 11.14 mark plus ex-Sooner, current Jags wr Dede Westbrooks at 33:20.

It does give you something far beyond stats and a drunk police chase video...

Worth a listen...

2 hours ago, nyjbuddy said:

Liked the Westbrook story of Mayfield picking him up every morning at 5 so that he wouldn't be late for training.

That was impressive, Westbrook seems really authentic apart from having a great touchdown dance !

I really like Daniel Jeremiah.  As a former player and professional scout, I value his opinion a lot.

He had an interesting comparison for Mayfield.  He compares him to Jeff Garcia.  I think a lot of people would take that comparison and say he's not worth a top 5 pick then, but Jeff Garcia in his prime was a very, very good NFL QB.  

19 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I really like Daniel Jeremiah.  As a former player and professional scout, I value his opinion a lot.

He had an interesting comparison for Mayfield.  He compares him to Jeff Garcia.  I think a lot of people would take that comparison and say he's not worth a top 5 pick then, but Jeff Garcia in his prime was a very, very good NFL QB.  

A lot of times fans take the comparisons too literally in that they view a comparison as this guy = that guy when it's really more about their skill set/strengths weaknesses than their actual ability and upside.

15 hours ago, Gangrene said:

https://art19.com/shows/move-the-sticks/episodes/8f8ff403-af3c-4b5b-9b86-d4b6bfc90e70 

Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks scout the polarizing Heisman winning quarterback, Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield. DJ and Bucky try to find out what makes Mayfield tick by speaking to his high school (11:14) Hank Carter; college coaches (27:34), teammate Dede Westbrook (33:20) and friends including WWE Hall of Fame announcer Jim Ross (40:35). The guys also tell you where Mayfield should go in the draft and which teams should draft the former Sooner gunslinger. 

tumblr_my0yq0F2dk1t8quc8o1_500.gif

Archived