20/20 Hindsight Poll: Darnold at 3 or Rosen at 6?

Jetsfan80

Darnold at 3 or Rosen at 6  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Given these 2 options (and assuming we couldn't have gotten Darnold at 6), which would you have preferred?

• Go ahead with the trade-up to 3, take Darnold
    • Stick at 6 and take Josh Rosen

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

I think that if you could have guaranteed Mac in advance that Rosen would be there, we don't make the deal.  And if you could guarantee it to me, I would take Rosen and the picks over Darnold.

But there's no way to guarantee it, and had we stayed at 6 until draft night,  we probably would have paid a higher price to move up to 3 (with Darnold on the board) or 4 for Rosen (with Mayfield and Darnold gone and Denver waiting at 5).

So even with 20/20 hindsight, it's a great deal

I seriously doubt Macc would rather have his second choice QB plus the picks instead of his first choice QB.

It's all about grabbing the BPA and QB was the top priority. We're not even sure if Jets liked Rosen.

6 minutes ago, jetrider said:

I seriously doubt Macc would rather have his second choice QB plus the picks instead of his first choice QB.

It's all about grabbing the BPA and QB was the top priority. We're not even sure if Jets liked Rosen.

It all depends on the distance between the prospects and the level of certainty, but given the draft odds it's very rare that having one pick is better than having 4.  And we know that Mac would've been happy with three qbs, and that Rosen thought he was coming here, so I'm comfortable assuming we liked Rosen. 

8 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

It all depends on the distance between the prospects and the level of certainty, but given the draft odds it's very rare that having one pick is better than having 4.  And we know that Mac would've been happy with three qbs, and that Rosen thought he was coming here, so I'm comfortable assuming we liked Rosen. 

Rosen thought he was going to the Giants. He wore blue and white to the draft. Lots of blue.

180427-josh-rosen.jpg

Archived