The Wizard of Oz, A Wizard's Nightmare...GAME THREAD

I'm still a couple of pages behind, but I see the vote is stalled. 

What if we all just focus on our next best guess for scum? 

We can leave these two on the field - they're not going anywhere - and sooner or later, scum will lead us to teammates.

4 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Pretty sure i dont need a reason to be an a$$hole. Ask shad, he'll fill you in.

Why are you so emo about my vote?

Shad and I don't really talk so if you have something to say to me then just say so.

I'm not emo about your vote I'm frustrated and bored.

I come here to play a game about arguing with people about motivations, meta tells, logical inconsistencies, etc.

A vote with no reason on anyone has always pissed me off.

Even if it's just "putting a vote to see what happens" it's better than nothing or cryptic bullsh*t.

Votes like that just make the game boring and annoying. For me at least.

6 hours ago, D P R said:

That's really more of a subjective thing, like my version of sober is probably different than some other peoples... you know? 

But I'm drinking coffee right now if that's what you mean. 

Irish though, right?

2 minutes ago, D P R said:

I'm still a couple of pages behind, but I see the vote is stalled. 

What if we all just focus on our next best guess for scum? 

We can leave these two on the field - they're not going anywhere - and sooner or later, scum will lead us to teammates.

this would be great if we were not under a deadline DPR but we are and were dealing with a new player counter claim ands thats what we should ALL be focusing on

3 minutes ago, Leelou said:

We have under 3 hours and a ton of sh*t happened. 

Yeah last time this happened I got bitched at and I still haven't really addressed it.

Do you want to give me an idea of what I need to know at least?

4 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

How about you actually vote instead of being a whiny? What are your leans atp?

I was tired with only a few hours sleep at this point and out the door minutes after making that post. I had not time or motivation just then.

Just now, Leelou said:

Stark cc'ed LK. You should read it. 

Wtf really?

I kind of thought Liz was a liar but didn't want to say anything at the time.

Now I don't know what to believe.

Have they revealed their investigations?

There's two options here.

Either lynch the one we think is scum, it's a 50/50 shot.

Or leave them both alive and giving investigations until scum solves it for us by killing cop or killing an inno result.

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

this would be great if we were not under a deadline DPR but we are and were dealing with a new player counter claim ands thats what we should ALL be focusing on

Meh, If he was Cop he would have called it on D1 - golden rule of the game is to reveal when you've caught scum. The rest of all of this is just charades.

I'll leave my vote on Stark. 

If y'all want to let him live and then make him dance every day to lead us to the rest of the team, I'm fine with that too. 

It's Miller time. 

4 hours ago, Leelou said:

So much cop drama going on and Nyn is stuck on Nolder lol

He's being annoying. Plus i wasnt caught up.

4 hours ago, D P R said:

Actually, there is no apostrophe needed in Fellas. Maybe I'm a little too sober...

Agreed

4 hours ago, D P R said:

OMFG you're actually arguing.

Okay genius, go ahead and explain why it's so important for you to not divulge this sensitive info. Amaze us with you're dedication to the Town, LOLOLOLOL

I think you might be confusing lack of experience and cluelessness with scummyness.

It seems to me like he doesnt know how to work a PR or what to do irt a countering situation. That's my impression. He's too new. And as a cornered scum he could have claimed another pr.... i dont see him orchestrating all of this to go out with a bang. Too green.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong cause i only played with him once.... but that's what I'm getting from it. He feels lost, not shady.

• Upvote 1

I don't really have time to evaluate Starks trustworthiness and I'm not going to read LKs posts so I'm just going to go with the 50/50 option. I would say that DPR has a point in that it's odd he cc'd when he did and not when LK claimed. 

vote stark

Yeah @Nolder there could be like 4 pages less content to sift through but somehow Lizzie is more believable than me. 

Played in 3 games.  

Won first as town lead the final lynch on Crusher

won last baiting other scum team and knocking off townies with smash. 

@D P R I said I didn’t want to use it D1 because Lizzie should be an easy kill as scum later in the game. 

Is what it is. @GATA swears she’s town and believes me over @Lizard King but is voting me because she’s upset with me. 

All this could/should have been over with long ago but as I said too many people here overthink everything and want to be the smartest in the room. 

Ok that's L-1 so up to you guys really.

I'm sorry about these down to the wire decisions I've had to make at deadline.

The deadlines haven't been conducive to my schedule really.

Anyway I have to go for now.

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I don't really have time to evaluate Starks trustworthiness and I'm not going to read LKs posts so I'm just going to go with the 50/50 option. I would say that DPR has a point in that it's odd he cc'd when he did and not when LK claimed. 

vote stark

Lol. Smart. 

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Yeah @Nolder there could be like 4 pages less content to sift through but somehow Lizzie is more believable than me. 

Played in 3 games.  

@D P R I said I didn’t want to use it D1 because Lizzie should be an easy kill as scum later in the game. 

Is what it is. @GATA swears she’s town and believes me over @Lizard King but is voting me because she’s upset with me. 

All this could/should have been over with long ago but as I said too many people here overthink everything and want to be the smartest in the room. 

Stark I don't have the time to ascertain that either way.

I don't know who is more believable but your cc was bad timing at the least.

Official Vote Count 

Nol (2) Nyn, CTM 

Stark (6) JiF, LK, Leelou, DPR, Gata, Nol

LK (4) Stark, Brick, Smash, Nyn

STARK I'D AT L-1 

with 13 alive it takes 7 votes to lynch

Deadline 8:00 pm

3 hours ago, JiF said:

This.  I would be fine with a cop out holstering an innocent but not now when we're trying to decide who's lying. 

Lets assume he's scum. Why not just give a town peek on someone?

I really do think he has no grasp of how to play this role. Or how to handle a counterclaim. He thinks he does but he doesnt.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Kaylee said:

Official Vote Count 

Nol (2) Nyn, CTM 

STARK I'D AT L-1 

Im appearing twice

16 minutes ago, D P R said:

Meh, If he was Cop he would have called it on D1 - golden rule of the game is to reveal when you've caught scum. The rest of all of this is just charades.

I'll leave my vote on Stark. 

If y'all want to let him live and then make him dance every day to lead us to the rest of the team, I'm fine with that too. 

It's Miller time. 

So if you were the cop and someone claimed cop on day 1 you would counter ? You serious ? Day 1 with 17 people in the game ?

• Upvote 1

Official Vote Count 

Nol (1)  CTM 

STARK I'D AT L-1 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

Played in 3 games.  

Sorry man, but I just don't see it.

Catching scum on D1 when the Doc is still alive is a no brainer - gives the Town a huge advantage. Kinda the point of the game. 

If you had baited Lizzie into conversation, heckled him for reads and forced him to talk I'd say you had a point. If you had tried to run up his train to force the other Mafia members to jump into action, I'd buy your explanation.

But you just kind of farted around and stayed in your comfort zones with the players you know. 

Then, today, you were very resistant to give up that read - for no reason. Common sense tells you that Mafia already know who's innocent, so no real risk involved compared to the 2nd day you had an opportunity to out scum.

You're entire focus has been on the preservation of yourself - it's never been on what's best for the Town. 

So I'm fine to see you swing. 

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So if you were the cop and someone claimed cop on day 1 you would counter ? You serious ? Day 1 with 17 people in the game ?

Of course. 

I would bait them, try to get them to spew, try to run up a case on them and see who jumped to their rescue, sure.

But then I would turn them in in time to get that lynch. 

He had daayyyyyys to do this on D1 and accomplish all that. He didn't. 

1 minute ago, D P R said:

Of course. 

I would bait them, try to get them to spew, try to run up a case on them and see who jumped to their rescue, sure.

But then I would turn them in in time to get that lynch. 

He had daayyyyyys to do this on D1 and accomplish all that. He didn't. 

matter of opinion I guess depends on the player