Questions for Football Fans:

Garb

Never said it was a run of the mill injury... if there are any. And yeah, he did a great job of leading in that playoff game against Pittsburgh. How many touchdown drives did he lead, again? Son, the defense nearly won that game for us, not Chad Pennington. You can put the blame on Doug Brien all you want, as he did miss two kicks in the final 4 minutes, but Chad shoulders some of that blame by not being the franchise leader everyone thinks he is, leading a drive, getting a single touchdown, or much of anything. The Jets even won the coin toss in overtime! What did your great leader do? A three and out. If you want to give someone a big shiny leadership patch, start with the defense.

whatever, but I bet you every guy in that jets locker room really respects chad alot more, and they know he is a great leader despite what some stupid chowds have to say.

also, santana moss dropped a TD in the endzone and dropped a crucial third down pass in the early 4th Q that could have extended the drive and put the nail in the coffin for the steelers.

whatever, but I bet you every guy in that jets locker room really respects chad alot more, and they know he is a great leader despite what some stupid chowds have to say.

also, santana moss dropped a TD in the endzone and dropped a crucial third down pass in the early 4th Q that could have extended the drive and put the nail in the coffin for the steelers.

Respect doesn't mean leadership either.

Are you calling me a chowd? Is that what happens when you run out of things to debate? Damn...

And blaming Moss, who isn't here anymore, is just childish. Chad had three quarters to get there, before that. Besides that, drops happen. What are you going to do? Maybe it was the QB's fault that it was dropped? Poorly thrown ball?

My point is, Chad isn't really a leader, yet. Does he have time to prove it? Of course. He hasn't played enough. I mean, Mateen Cleves is a great cheerleader, but no one is going to confuse him for a basektball player.

Just for the record, I'm a Jets fan. I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Respect doesn't mean leadership either.

Are you calling me a chowd? Is that what happens when you run out of things to debate? Damn...

And blaming Moss, who isn't here anymore, is just childish. Chad had three quarters to get there, before that. Besides that, drops happen. What are you going to do? Maybe it was the QB's fault that it was dropped? Poorly thrown ball?

My point is, Chad isn't really a leader, yet. Does he have time to prove it? Of course. He hasn't played enough. I mean, Mateen Cleves is a great cheerleader, but no one is going to confuse him for a basektball player.

Just for the record, I'm a Jets fan. I'm just playing devil's advocate.

no no no

I was referring to garbanzo and patsfantx

I know you're not a chowd :lol:

things would have been far different if moss had caught that easy TD pass and that 3rd down lofter right in his hands, thank god he is gone 8)

no no no

I was referring to garbanzo and patsfantx

I know you're not a chowd :lol:

things would have been far different if moss had caught that easy TD pass and that 3rd down lofter right in his hands, thank god he is gone 8)

Eh, the lord works in mysterious ways. Why else would I be a Jets fan in Michigan?

Eh, the lord works in mysterious ways. Why else would I be a Jets fan in Michigan?

braylon edwards is sick! that guy is gonna break the mold on michigan WR stereotypes of failing in the nfl. he'll beat any corner on a jump ball 99.9% of the time, and good look trying to jam him, he is strong as an ox and can outrun nearly any corner.

1) He can be a a great motivator but it takes more than that to be a great coach;otherwise you would just hire a motivational speaker... (which might not be a bad idea to do on game day for some teams). He's a talker. The more games he wins the better he will be at motivating and vice versa - mistakes and losses and he won't be able to motivate consistently.

2) I think it's a blend. Sometime players with all the talent don't make it and the opposite. I think you have to have a little of each but strong in at least one to make it.

3) 3 No/maybe there's always hope. Look at Fred Taylor, he was always hurt and then put in a long streak without missing games.

4) Leadership is measured in many ways. We don't see what goes on in the locker room, only on the field. The team plays better when he's on the field. He's likeable and they seem to play better for him.

Don't most NFL QB's wave towels and head-butt?

To the uninformed Fan and untrained eye it may look

that way..But Chad unlike the rest waves his Towel

counter clockwise!! And he did most of his Head

butting without a Helmet until the Team forced

him to wear one after he was seen dribbling on

the sideline saying;But Mommy I don't have school

today!!And that was before the opening kickoff!! :wink:

I'll tell you what-- Chad IS a leader, but his type of leadership--that rah-rah bullsh*t--will start annoying the sh*t out of people if he continues to suck in big games. Want to be a leader? Don't be the guy sh*tting the bed in a big spot.

1) How can Herm Edwards be a great motivator if he continually has brain-pharts?

2) Does character, desire and football "smahts" mean more, generally speaking, than superior talent?

3) Do you think the term, "paper lion," can be used on Mr. Abraham?

4) I keep hearing about Chad Pennington's leadership abilities. Yet, I haven't seen any clear-cut examples of his leadership - besides rah-rah crap he may have learned from the "great motivator." Can someone explain why Chad has earned this praise?

5) Do any of you (besides Brenda) actually think Kevin Mawae is good looking?

Question #1- Being a great leader and motivator has nothing to do with questionable on field decisions.

One has nothing to do with the other. It's like saying, How can you cook great pasta if you don't make a good tuna fish sandwich. Motivation and in game decisions are two different things.

Question #2- Football ability is better than physical ability.

Mike Singletary was 5'11 and wasn't a great athlete. Being able to tackle, read and recognize and react quickly is more important than how fast you run a straight line or how tall you are. Instincts are huge. That stuff is hard to measure with a stopwatch.

Ryan Leaf has sick physical talents. But without football smarts. Your physical talent means nothing.

What good is running and jumping if you don't know how to play your position.

Question #3- Paper lion for John Abraham?

No, When he's on the field,.He's a big time player. Paper lions are guys who look great and are great athletes but can't perform on the field. I'll give you a Jets example. Dorian Boose. That was a paper lion.

Question #4- Chad Pennington as a leader.

He's played through injuries. Teammates voted him the most courageous player on the team last year for playing with a damaged right throwing shoulder and never complaining about the injury.

He is well loved and respected by all of his teammates for his work ethic and toughness. He may not be durable but you can't question his toughness after last season.

Question #5- Kevin Mawae's good looks

Mawae is kind of handsome in a gawdy way.LOL... He's as handsome as most lineman. Which may or may not be saying much. I detect a certain level of jealousy that Mawae gets so much love from Bren.LOL

These are cool questions Garb.

1) How can Herm Edwards be a great motivator if he continually has brain-pharts?

This is a myth. While the players seem to play hard for him I do beleive his act wheres thin with them as well. Football isn't about motivation it is about execution.

2) Does character, desire and football "smahts" mean more, generally speaking, than superior talent?

I would say you need some of both plus you need to be a hard worker.

3) Do you think the term, "paper lion," can be used on Mr. Abraham?

I don't think that would accuratly describe Abe. He is a lin on the field. A paper lion to me is someone who has a bigger reputation than they can carry.

4) I keep hearing about Chad Pennington's leadership abilities. Yet, I haven't seen any clear-cut examples of his leadership - besides rah-rah crap he may have learned from the "great motivator." Can someone explain why Chad has earned this praise?

The players do love Chad although I think he is too close to the Head Coach which is dangerous when leading a football team.

5) Do any of you (besides Brenda) actually think Kevin Mawae is good looking?

I wouldn't be the one to answer this.

Other than waving towels on the sideline with his strong left arm, would you care to cite a few examples of how you could possibly think PennyBoy is a leader? :shock::shock::shock:

Penny plays. Players respond. There are no tangible indices of a guy being a 'leader' or not. All you have in anectdotal evidence, homes.

...if a "leader", more often than not, lets you down - is he still a leader or are his folowers just stupid? Hmmm....

Tom - you would be a good person to answer this one! :lol:

riddle me this chowd!

did chad let his teammates down by packing it in and going on IR???

NO

he came back, lit a fire under the team, and if not for doug brien, we would have been playing in the afc championship game!

riddle me this chowd!

did chad let his teammates down by packing it in and going on IR???

NO

he came back, lit a fire under the team, and if not for doug brien, we would have been playing in the afc championship game!

Yea, and if it wasn't for Nate Kaeding, PennyBoy and the Jets would have been playing golf a weekly earlier.

Yea, and if it wasn't for Nate Kaeding, PennyBoy and the Jets would have been playing golf a weekly earlier.

oh shut up

the chargers were LUCKY to even make it to overtime had brien not shanked a 30 yarder in the 1st quarter and eric bartons stupid stupid roughing the passer call that extended a game the jets won on that play.

yea, who was lucky? gimme a break

oh shut up

the chargers were LUCKY to even make it to overtime had brien not shanked a 30 yarder in the 1st quarter and eric bartons stupid stupid roughing the passer call that extended a game the jets won on that play.

yea, who was lucky? gimme a break

Are you insinuating that EricBarton is a dumbass?

I totally agree.

Archived