Canuck Watch; WR Chase Claypool, ND

Paradis

I'm going to be extra horny for WRs this year; both b/c i think the class of 2019 is loaded and under the radar (we'll see if that holds) AND because.... FOR ONCE, we're not look at QBs!...

Meet Chase Claypool - who grew up in my backyard and will be (potentially) Canada's best export in... well ever at WR..... 1/3 Graham, 1/3 each alumni-brothers Floyd & St. Brown

He's not on any top 10 WR lists yet... but let's see where that goes in 3 months. 

**Also - who the fck is ND 'RB dexter williams... boner alert. Need keep tabs on that dude

• Upvote 1

On 8/8/2018 at 9:31 PM, F00tballGuy69 said:

Will keep an eye out for Claypool in the upcoming season.

Thoughts on Anthony Johnson of Buffalo?

I really like him as a player and think he'd be a nice compliment to Anderson.   

Yes! 

Right now I'm comfortable with AJ Brown, Deebo, K. Harry... Anthony's on my list of people to follow this year. Can't wait to see the new Jalen Hurd at Baylor as well. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 7:33 PM, Paradis said:

Yes! 

Right now I'm comfortable with AJ Brown, Deebo, K. Harry... Anthony's on my list of people to follow this year. Can't wait to see the new Jalen Hurd at Baylor as well. 

Claypool looked decent against Michigan.  Harry looked like an NFL player playing against a Pop Warner team.  I haven’t watched a ton of Harry thus far but if he shows he has NFL speed to go along with the rest of his tools, then I might have my favorite for 2019.  

Claypool looked decent against Michigan.  Harry looked like an NFL player playing against a Pop Warner team.  I haven’t watched a ton of Harry thus far but if he shows he has NFL speed to go along with the rest of his tools, then I might have my favorite for 2019.  

I love Harry, but his speed is going to be talked about ala Treadwell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I love Harry, but his speed is going to be talked about ala Treadwell.

Yup, that’s the biggest factor that will affect where he gets drafted.  But look at the size of his hands and wingspan.   Will definitely be watching him some more.  

Yup, that’s the biggest factor that will affect where he gets drafted.  But look at the size of his hands and wingspan.   Will definitely be watching him some more.  

Agreed. He has Dez like natural talent to go up and pick balls out of the air, regardless of coverage. His presumed timed speed will be argued over until feb next year me thinks.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Agreed. He has Dez like natural talent to go up and pick balls out of the air, regardless of coverage. His presumed timed speed will be argued over until feb next year me thinks.

Kind of like Jalen Strong another Sun Devil.  Strong ran faster than most thought he would but hasn’t translated yet.  Harry is a lot smoother and a more natural catcher than Strong was.  

9 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Kind of like Jalen Strong another Sun Devil.  Strong ran faster than most thought he would but hasn’t translated yet.  Harry is a lot smoother and a more natural catcher than Strong was.  

Yea i didn't want to name drop the "other Sun Devil" as that one burned me... but bang on. Game speed. Personally i think Harry is naturally gifted enough when the balls in the air to make it... the question is, can he be great or is he just another red zone dude.

• 1 month later...

There's a lot of people that thought Claypool's best position was OLB/DE, similar to Anthony Barr.

I'd be shocked if he didn't return to school next year.

I'd also be shocked if he didn't make an NFL roster once he does leave school.

He's a GREAT special teams gunner.

Dexter Williams:  He's a burner that had trouble's with pass pro.  That's the main reason he sat behind Adams.

• 4 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I had a major gripe with Claypool's game.  He just falls down after every catch.  Last night in the stands, I made this comment to my son and then Clay proceeded to run over a few guys and really elevated his game in the second half.

Chase had a good night yesterday.  

He had very good game yesterday. He's not been a beast per say this year, but there's so much raw talent there... could develop anywhere between Patrick Turner to Mike Evans

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

bump.... his name is floating around more lately -- and as one of the WR who stands to gain the most out of the seniorbowl/combine circuit - we'll be talking about him even more..

Everything out of Douglas's camp suggest Oline is priority #1 - so you have to expect we're going to be looking at tiers 2-3 (round 2-4) for our next Split End / WR1-hopeful...

Claypool is a name to keep in the holster. 

I like the early high end WRs we are talking about but this team badly and i mean badly needs a big Wr who can make his QB look good.

Each week I see other teams QBs heaving balls up that theirf WR makes a big play on and the QB gets the crdie meanwhile our guy has wrs who cannot fight for contested balls at all.

• Upvote 1