Expert advice: Bruce Arians breaks down a huge play from each of Sam Darnold’s first three starts

maury77

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

look at the space in front of the RB after the point of interception. anyone that wants to tell me thats 100% on the OC isnt watching.

image.png

You paused it right at the point in which the INT happened.  When Sam actually made the throw he wasn’t anywhere near the RB.....not excusing the throw....play design was bad and it still was a dumb throw to make....just isn’t as apparent as it seems in that snapshot 

Arians knows QB's better than anyone, and he says we have a special one. That speaks volumes.

Darnold currently sports a very high pick count, but his other stats like 60%cmp and 7.5 Y/A are Astounding for a rookie. That's even good for a seasoned veteran, let alone the youngest QB ever. I don't see how people can look at that as well as the jaw dropping throws he's able to make and call him bad in any way. He's got all the tools to become a Top Tier QB, he just needs to work on his turnovers which will come with time.

17 hours ago, Grandy said:

Arians knows QB's better than anyone, and he says we have a special one. That speaks volumes.

Darnold currently sports a very high pick count, but his other stats like 60%cmp and 7.5 Y/A are Astounding for a rookie. That's even good for a seasoned veteran, let alone the youngest QB ever. I don't see how people can look at that as well as the jaw dropping throws he's able to make and call him bad in any way. He's got all the tools to become a Top Tier QB, he just needs to work on his turnovers which will come with time.

If Arians likes Sam that’s a really good sign

Archived