Present for Chefs fans... List of all Herm's quips

afosomf

"That's not how we did it in Tampa", as if the shelves of the Dungy/Edwards Bucs trophy cabinet was collapsing under the weight of numerous Lombardis. In light of Dungy's latest failure, it gets even sillier in the rear view mirror.And at least Dungy is a decent man. By the 2nd retooling of the Cover Who, we didn't hear that any more.

"as long as we keep them (the opposing team) to 3 touchdowns and 3 fg's, we have a chance to win"

This one's hilarious. I also can't believe he said that defense is easier just b/c you don't have the ball. Maybe for herm since he apparently doesn't know what to do with the ball when he does have it.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/index.php?content_id=587&sections_id=

Report from the Road: Herm Has Jets Ready in Oakland

The Jets arrived late Thursday afternoon in Northern California. It was deju vu all over again for a team that defeated the Raiders 22-21 Sunday in Oakland. They are back to play an Oakland club in another must win situation. They are back in the same hotel on the same schedule. They are back facing another monumental challenge

and yet another one

"To be a baby, it's a pretty good. You get fed. You get held. People say they love you every day. You get held. People say they love you every day. You get a lot of presents. Every once in a while, I don't think I would mind being in that bassinet today."

one of my favs

That gives you the best chance of getting blown out in a game. You can't go out there and run reverses, trick plays and be a circus team. We're trying to win a game the best way we know how.

What about the time he said punts are a pretty good offensive play. :shock:

and then there is the integrity issue

"When it happens you have to make sure your character is strong and your integrity of how you're doing thing stays intact. I won't change my character and my integrity because I know what I'm doing is right.

Archived