The 1st Annual JetNation Awards

TaborJet

BTW what's your deal been lately? You've been acting like angry old man, not used to having a football team playing golf this time of year?

lag, the Pats can't get on the course. All the Jet players have a monopoly on starting times becuase they had a 3-week head start.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Most underrated poster- Matt39

• Most knowledgeable poster – Scott Dierking

• Most annoying poster – Fred Jetstone

• Funniest poster- Savage69 or Bob.

• Best overall non-Jets fan poster- Stiller Paul

• Best overall poster on JetNation.com- Bugg

• Post of the year –

• Biggest Jets Homer- BZ

• Best avatar/sig- Sperm Edwards/Sperm Edwards

• The Barton Dooshey of the Year Award –

Most underrated poster - I have to go Barton. He was annoying on JI. He was annoying when he first signed up here. PMing me under a different name trying to make me guess who he was. But he knows the game. His theories sometimes are a bit whacky but this kid is good. And Barton, you no longer annoy me you little Dooshey!

Most knowledgeable poster – There are a lot. JetMo, RSherry, Tx, Savage, The Troll with his fantasy advice, lol! MBN, Shawn306 and Bitonti amongst others. BUT...R44 wins this one hands down. He is not human. He is a program\experiment created by Bitonti to feed the draft daddy blog with insane amounts of information. Bugg and Scott Dierking are a close 2nd IMO. I never pass on one of their posts. Always a good read.

Most annoying poster – I just read my contract and it looks like I am obligated to pick Garb. But if the truth be told, I actually like her so I can't do it. I would have to say TomMcCabe. He is annoying. You guys think he doesn't post much but he does. We just delete almost everything he writes. Geez.

Funniest poster - Smizzy and Guns are good. Tx is good with the one liners which I like (short attention span). JoneJet and Bosox are funny in the baseball forum. Savage is funny if you don't mind hearing dead hooker stories over and over again (which I don't). Green DNA is funny, really funny in a strange way. When you meet him he looks clean cut and you could call him Joe Corporate. But here he is the biggest pervert going, funny though. He finishes 2nd IMO. BlackLabel has had some real good lines, as has JoeWilly. Slugorama is kind of sick and funny at the same time. He fits in well here.

But the winner is sirlancemehlot. He is odd because I am certain the stuff we laugh at is just his real life experiences. But who cares if he means it...it makes us laugh so he gets my vote.

Best overall non-Jets fan poster - Tx, Garb, Savage and Gang Green Girl all jump out at me as being the people who hate the Jets the most. :character43: Any of them could easily win this award. But I am going in a different direction. My vote goes to PFSIKH. He roots against us in 2 sports and he is always willing to back his smack up with what he thinks is reality. More importantly he should win because he is fighting for this country right now in IRAQ. And he stops by regularly to talk sports. Each one of his posts is a reminder of how good we have it. I know I take it all for granted. Just want to say thank you to PFSIKH because of what you are going through I am reminded of what is really important in life.

Best overall poster on JetNation.com - Gang Green Girl. Yeah, yeah, yeah I am sucking up. But you guys don't have to deal with her everyday like I do. Truthfully though she knows sports. She LOVES sports. Kind of freaky if you ask me. She makes all potential dates take the Wonderlic and prove how many times they can bench press 225 pounds. That is dedication.

But you know what? She is my JN Business Partner. She is one of my best friends. She pays the bills. She makes me laugh. (Did you know she grades everyones posts for spelling and grammar errors? Weird). We started this site not knowing what to expect, not knowing if it would work and it has surpassed our wildest expectations already. So to my friend GGG...I do look forward to reading about what you have to say each day. Even when you are cranky. For these reasons I nominate you as the Best Overall Poster of 2006.

(Tabor...she is not eligible because she owns the site. I know this. Sue me).

Post of the year – Tough one. I would have to say, Slugorama. http://www.jetnation.com/?p=260

Biggest Jets Homer - I have to go with BZ. He wanted that NYC stadium bad. When it didn't come through I was waiting for him to blast the Jets. Never happened. The man defines loyalty!

Best avatar/sig - Avatar = the Panzer TomShane cartoon. The best signature = the BZ - Mommy\Daddy cartoon.

The Barton Dooshey of the Year Award – Man I want to. I really want to. My problem is that I care. Those around me know that I usually care too much. So I will not vote for anyone in this thread. All I can do at this point is look forward. Looking back and hurling insults is not in anyone's best interest. I vote for nobody.

How the hell can you stay up all night fixing this train wreck you call a message board, only to deliver a product that is vastly superior than anything out there, and then write a post like that?

I always thought you were a comple A-hole Max, now I only think you are half one.

Great post Max.

Tx, we were hoping to call the old message board a train wreck. Unfortunately over the past 2 weeks, it didn't move fast enough to crash into anything!

So how long are the nominations going before we start the actual voting? Were we going to try to announce a winner before 2007 rolls around?

Alk

This is the voting. It's nice to have an open discussion about the voting. I'll just count up everything posted here at the end of the week.

I also had a rule about personal attacks! You seem to have a hard time following that one.

:character43:

Well, rules were meant to be broken on JetNation, right?

If we all fell back in line we would be posting at ***********.com.

Besides, I thought Smizzy & I could call you a F.B.

You vote for GGG, I say Fat Bastard!

Well, rules were meant to be broken on JetNation, right?

If we all fell back in line we would be posting at ***********.com.

Besides, I thought Smizzy & I could call you a F.B.

You vote for GGG, I say Fat Bastard!

Im all for calling max a fat bastard.

are you saying Im hung like a belly button? Like an elevator button? Im hung like a infant?

It's not huge but my wife thinks it is and thats all the counts,I think.

It is all that counts. She thinks mine is monstrous, BTW.

Archived