NHRA Drag Race.....ever been to see one?

JonEJet

Never thought I'd like an event like that

But the power that these funny cars generate is simply AMAZING

ONly time I ever saw it was on George Michaels Sports Machine. He used to show them.

Seemed like they flipped over more often then not.

i guess this wouldn't be the time to say that when i was 16 i worked at lebanon valley speedway at the drags.. worked in concessions in the pit. Drags were much more interesting then the regular races...:) Yes very interesting group of people who show up.

Good thinking..Hide your identity at all Times!!

I used to Run a D-gasser in the early 60's.. :wink:

savage, who are you Tx now? changing my words :roll: sorry honey, early 60's were before me time at the speedway.. ;)

The Jet cars are unreal. fast & loud..

Used to go to Hollywood Speedway Park here in Fla and watch Big Daddy Don Garlits all the time..

problem with the drags now-a-days is the big money sponsors..the drags originated as a way for 2 machine heads to put their cars together and race them legally...but the little guy can't compete against big money

Being from Texas, of course i've been. In fact, my trailer would shake when jim bob and joe dan would drag pick-ups on the dirt road passed the crick near old man jone's place. Ah, them were the days.

Back to the thread, Jon this is something that can not be described online. It is an event you must attend in person to appriciate. A lot of people do not realize all that goes on at these events. I'm not a fan, but I have been and had a great time when I was there. These machines are amazing, especially the top-fuel cars that shoot out flames from the exhaust. While I do agree it is a redneck sport, it is still amazing none the less.

I went up to Epping, NH years ago to see a street legal event. I must admit I enjoyed it. What a weird cross-mix of people.

The car that ran the fastest was a suped-up Dodge Caravan. The thing was a missile going down the track.

Archived