May 15th, 2019

23 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

It really is mind-boggling.  The Jets gave the fans what they wanted.....and now our fans are confused and flailing around looking for a way to complain about it.

We fired Macc, but the timing is bad.

We got rid of Darron Lee, but we should have gotten a 4th round pick!

Sheezus Christmas!  Get ready for a newspaper headline in the year 2025, "Jets fans upset that their second consecutive Super Bowl will be played in a dome stadium." :rolleyes:

You started strong but blew it with the most absurd scenario possible in the last sentence. Two wild cards in a row, maybe.

• Haha 1

People saying we traded lee for too little is dumbfounded, we revived a 6th and who knows how that will be used and we saved 3m in cap space for a guy who was going to walk for free at the end of the year.. now if we use that 3m and sign a corner/receiver or oline then everyone will forget about lee even though everyone wanted him gone ?‍♂️

11 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

Correct....and that potential hasn't changed one iota because the coffee cup is gone.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Oh the drama.  Who's on suicide watch? Why does it always have to go to some inane comment like that?  We can all have our point of view. That's why we're here. To talk about it. 

We all know we want the same things. It's just frustrating to watch the Jets stumble and bumble into sucktitude every year.  

17 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

People saying we traded lee for too little is dumbfounded, we revived a 6th and who knows how that will be used and we saved 3m in cap space for a guy who was going to walk for free at the end of the year.. now if we use that 3m and sign a corner/receiver or oline then everyone will forget about lee even though everyone wanted him gone ?‍♂️

SIGN MO CLAIBORNE!!!! We can do it with the money we saved on Lee!!   Oh wait... we still have $28 mil in cap space any way. :) 

Oh the drama.  Who's on suicide watch? Why does it always have to go to some inane comment like that?  We can all have our point of view. That's why we're here. To talk about it. 
We all know we want the same things. It's just frustrating to watch the Jets stumble and bumble into sucktitude every year.  
The Suicide watch desk is my signature when I use the app. Has nothing to do with this conversation.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

I been a fan of this team almost 50 years... the struggle is real. LOL

Oh I get it buddy. I'm on 37 years of this crap myself.   

Go Jets lol 

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Oh I get it buddy. I'm on 37 years of this crap myself.   

Go Jets lol 

I'm in as deep as you are years wise but this one will be different. We just fired/moved the two least desirable people in the Jets organization....yesterday was a good day.

Just wait until Douglas is announced as our new GM.

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

I'm in as deep as you are years wise but this one will be different. We just fired/moved the two least desirable people in the Jets organization....yesterday was a good day.

Just wait until Douglas is announced as our new GM.

That's what we're waiting for.  i am still afraid they will blow it Barr style.  

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

That's what we're waiting for.  i am still afraid they will blow it Barr style.  

I think it's already a done deal. This guys name wouldn't have surfaced a month ago if there wasn't dialogue about him taking the position.

Maybe he already signed off on the Lee  trade?

1 minute ago, RobR said:

I think it's already a done deal. This guys name wouldn't have surfaced a month ago if there wasn't dialogue about him taking the position.

Maybe he already signed off on the Lee  trade?

That's the hope.  This news about the Eagles putting new offers on the table is concerning to me.  Out of our hands but it's still scary that this could all just blow up.  It wouldn't be the first time and I think I have PTSD.  It's difficult to believe anything is a done deal before it's a done deal around here. 

i wondered the same thing about the Lee trade. Doesn't seem like it in that Breer article in another thread, but who knows? 

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

That's the hope.  This news about the Eagles putting new offers on the table is concerning to me.  Out of our hands but it's still scary that this could all just blow up.  It wouldn't be the first time and I think I have PTSD.  It's difficult to believe anything is a done deal before it's a done deal around here. 

i wondered the same thing about the Lee trade. Doesn't seem like it in that Breer article in another thread, but who knows? 

This guy was reported as taking over just after the draft by not only Pauline, but also a couple of the NFL beat writers that have connections. 

Unless CJ totally screws this up, which is possible, he should be our new GM. Big deals like this don't take days, they can sometimes take months.  

• Upvote 1