Ray Lucas Interview With Benigno Today

17 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

What if I want to hate on Ed (his shtick is old) AND Beningo? (his pony doesn't know 1/2 a trick anymore and he will be eating serious crow re: Adam Gase).

What if I told you something so deep it will take up your entire weekend to think about?

Beningo is a wannabe Fireman Ed, although he came on the scene BEFORE Fireman Ed...(might they be related?  And don't even know it)

+1

There is nothing worse than someone who thinks he represents "the voice of the Jets fan" and is so lost in 1985 that he can't understand that the fanbase has changed and can't stand him.

Firefraud was laughed out of the stadium, was one of the best moments in the last 10 years.  They had this "World's Biggest Jets Chant" event, must have been early 2012 before Ed quit on the team on national TV.  Jets hyped it, sent out emails, asked all fans to be in their seats at 12:30.  And no one showed up.  And there was Ed making his pouty "I'm so disappointed in you" face and no one is responding.  In my section we stood up and cheered when he stepped down from his podium, never laughed so hard.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I don’t get the hate over  Beningo? Someone please do feel free to explain.

It's very simple.  Joe used to be spot-on after every bad loss, this is back in the 90's.  He was required listening, always nailed it, always said exactly what Jets fans were thinking and did a great job of dissecting the pivotal moments in a particular bad loss.  He was great.

But flash forward 25 years and he doesn't put in the work anymore, he doesn't make an effort.  He just puts on his "oh, I'm gonna die before this team does anything" speech and it's canned, it's an act, it's no longer genuine, he's mailing it in.  And it's to the point where you can tell he doesn't even keep up with the team anymore.  He just puts on his whiny woe-begotten fan voice and he doesn't realize that we've tuned him and his shtick out.

The hate is deserved because the very thing that got him the job at the FAN is what he is betraying now.  He's dishonest.

SAR I

On 8/24/2019 at 7:03 PM, SAR I said:

Why on Earth would anyone be jealous of a fairweather blue collar worker flapping his arms while making a grumpy face?  I'm sorry, but is that something someone actually aspires to be?

The fact that you've been duped to the point that you love this self-promoting quitter so much that you've convinced yourself he is above criticism is just amazing to me.

SAR I

I think you are.

Also he is just a guy who roots for his team and did so for a long time. Nothing wrong with that.

On 8/24/2019 at 7:09 PM, SAR I said:

+1

There is nothing worse than someone who thinks he represents "the voice of the Jets fan" and is so lost in 1985 that he can't understand that the fanbase has changed and can't stand him.

Firefraud was laughed out of the stadium, was one of the best moments in the last 10 years.  They had this "World's Biggest Jets Chant" event, must have been early 2012 before Ed quit on the team on national TV.  Jets hyped it, sent out emails, asked all fans to be in their seats at 12:30.  And no one showed up.  And there was Ed making his pouty "I'm so disappointed in you" face and no one is responding.  In my section we stood up and cheered when he stepped down from his podium, never laughed so hard.

SAR I

This is terrible. You even made a little name for him?

Good Lord.

51 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I think you are.

Also he is just a guy who roots for his team and did so for a long time. Nothing wrong with that.

You think wrong.  The last thing I would want to be is that guy.

What's wrong with Firefraud is that he a) was just a mascot without the plush mask yet promoted himself above the team, b) quit and walked out at our lowest moment and on national TV on a holiday no less, and c) no longer represents the fanbase as MetLife isn't filled with blue collar drunks from Queens anymore.

Good riddance.  Until we make the playoffs this year.  Then Ed will show up and try to be beloved again.  And he won't.  And he'll pout.  Because he refuses to see that he's the problem, not the fans.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I think you are.

An important point:

Ed set himself up to be the Team Mascot.  No different than any Mr. Met, Pat The Patriot, or San Diego Chicken, a mascot's job is to represent the team in a positive light and make the kids happy.

When my 9 year old saw the Jets mascot make a disgusted face and storm up the stairs on Thanksgiving night 2012, he felt awful, he didn't understand what happened, he couldn't comprehend why the team mascot ran out on the team.  Ed wielded this power over the Jets management and they had it with him, you could tell, that guy was not welcome anymore after that.  No $4 billion dollar corporation can allow their marketing to malfunction like that, to be such a wildcard, at any emotional whim, BAM, your mascot humiliates the team?  The minimum wage worker in a furry costume?  Not happening.

The chant is dead.  And Ed with it.  He ruined it.  Didn't have to be this way.  If he were a nice and kind person he'd be beloved.  But he ruined that by trying to make a quick buck and storming out on the very team he was supposed to protect.

SAR I

On 8/24/2019 at 10:40 AM, Jet Nut said:

I listen to him and honestly can't believe he actually was a NFL player.  And is paid for his opinions.  

Youre right, he's consistently wrong.  

You know he laughed at Gettleman for drafting Daniel Jones, right?

?

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2019 at 10:14 PM, SAR I said:

It's very simple.  Joe used to be spot-on after every bad loss, this is back in the 90's.  He was required listening, always nailed it, always said exactly what Jets fans were thinking and did a great job of dissecting the pivotal moments in a particular bad loss.  He was great.

But flash forward 25 years and he doesn't put in the work anymore, he doesn't make an effort.  He just puts on his "oh, I'm gonna die before this team does anything" speech and it's canned, it's an act, it's no longer genuine, he's mailing it in.  And it's to the point where you can tell he doesn't even keep up with the team anymore.  He just puts on his whiny woe-begotten fan voice and he doesn't realize that we've tuned him and his shtick out.

The hate is deserved because the very thing that got him the job at the FAN is what he is betraying now.  He's dishonest.

SAR I

He was never spot on, he's always been a typical whiny jet fan.  I like Joe, he's a nice guy but he's always played up that typical whiny fan stereotype that acts like the season is over with every loss.

What a strange thread.  A bunch of posts complaining that discussing what Beningo and Lucas said is a waste of time.  How is that not a bigger waste of time?  Another discussion of Fireman Ed, and what all Jets fans thought of him.  Did Joe Beningo say what all Jets fans were thinking?  Absolutely not.  I have heard what some of you nimrods think.  There is no way I am ever thinking the same things as all of you.

• Upvote 1