Ray Lucas Interview With Benigno Today

Did anyone hear it?  The main interesting point IMO was that Lucas agreed with Benigno about not being happy about the Gase hire.

Also Lucas said that he had no issue with the Jets not getting a FA center.  He's a fan of Jonotthan Harrison and, IIRC, thinks he's one of the more underrated OL in the league.

54 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I cannot think of 2 people's opinions I respect less than Ray Lucas or Joe Beningo.

Joe Beningo is the Fireman Ed of sports radio. A has-been one trick pony with an agenda that has turned into a caricature and amazingly turned his fans against him. 

He can’t retire soon enough  

SAR I 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Joe Beningo is the Fireman Ed of sports radio. A has-been one trick pony with an agenda that has turned into a caricature and amazingly turned his fans against him. 

SAR I 

Don't hate fireman Ed just cause you jealous of him. Just hate beningo because you hate him. Don't hate on Ed.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Don't hate fireman Ed just cause you jealous of him. Just hate beningo because you hate him. Don't hate on Ed.

What if I want to hate on Ed (his shtick is old) AND Beningo? (his pony doesn't know 1/2 a trick anymore and he will be eating serious crow re: Adam Gase).

What if I told you something so deep it will take up your entire weekend to think about?

Beningo is a wannabe Fireman Ed, although he came on the scene BEFORE Fireman Ed...(might they be related?  And don't even know it)

I actually really like Lucas on the post game show on SNY. In fact they had a few really good lineups on there and it was pretty funny even after some tough losses.                                                                       Benigno on the other hand is just washed up at the stage of his career. He isn't funny or insightful, and quite frankly I find it insulting that he calls himself a Jets fan and barely knows any of the players names or positions or whether we traded for them or took them in the draft excetera.

• Upvote 3

I don’t get the hate over  Beningo? Someone please do feel free to explain.

Is it because he’s been so adamant that Bowles was hot garbage ever since the loss in Buffalo?

Like it or not, there’s a bit of Beningo-type fan in all of us long time suffering fans: you know the one who just says “win already!”

4A63F926-7F96-4A1D-9BDD-6A73B6DCBDD8.jpeg.4a538e8b51cffe0461bd84edcce26731.jpeg

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Did anyone hear it?  The main interesting point IMO was that Lucas agreed with Benigno about not being happy about the Gase hire.

Also Lucas said that he had no issue with the Jets not getting a FA center.  He's a fan of Jonotthan Harrison and, IIRC, thinks he's one of the more underrated OL in the league.

Ray is an idiot

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I don’t get the hate over  Beningo? Someone please do feel free to explain.

Is it because he’s been so adamant that Bowles was hot garbage ever since the loss in Buffalo?

Like it or not, there’s a bit of Beningo-type fan in all of us long time suffering fans: you know the one who just says “win already!”

4A63F926-7F96-4A1D-9BDD-6A73B6DCBDD8.jpeg.4a538e8b51cffe0461bd84edcce26731.jpeg

I dont hate Benigno.  He just does not make any sense when he gives his views.  Roaring about how the Jets should make the layoffs--why?  Because first year Jet coaches make the playoffs.  That is not a logical progression.  Joe has no rationale for anything that shows he has an ordelry thought process.

• Upvote 1

You spend way too much time worrying over what someone says about the Jets in the media.

Lucas' screamed that Mo needed to be signed at any cost, "back up the truck and pay the man."  Screamed that Darnold shouldn't start.  Campaigned for Bowles, called him a disciplinarian who would have the respect of the team.  He's wrong more often than he's right

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You spend way too much time worrying over what someone says about the Jets in the media.

Lucas' screamed that Mo needed to be signed at any cost, "back up the truck and pay the man."  Screamed that Darnold shouldn't start.  Campaigned for Bowles, called him a disciplinarian who would have the respect of the team.  He's wrong more often than he's right

Ray Lucas is pretty much wrong in EVERYthing he says.  Total buffoon as an analyst.

• Upvote 1

I agreed with most of what they had to say here, especially when it came to the center and special teams takes.

Also...

Joe is right, Bill should have went to Ray much sooner in '99, they would have made a run in the playoffs.

That being said, while I find them entertaining, allot of what they do is way over the top.

40 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Ray Lucas is pretty much wrong in EVERYthing he says.  Total buffoon as an analyst.

I listen to him and honestly can't believe he actually was a NFL player.  And is paid for his opinions.  

Youre right, he's consistently wrong.  

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm not worried about it at all.  I'm just posting it for people on the forum to discuss (if they're interested in the topic).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Just in the nick of time.  One more thread that contributes practically nothing with the reading of it.  And here I was hoping for 1-2 good preseason pregame thoughts to carry me thru to 7:30pm.  Oh well........GO JETS!    

I apologize that I didn't contribute anything substantive for your reading pleasure.  Please forgive me.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not worried about it at all.  I'm just posting it for people on the forum to discuss (if they're interested in the topic).

Dude, you've started other threads about the way the team is disrespected in the media.  

Its like Groundhogs Day.  LOL

35 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Dude, you've started other threads about the way the team is disrespected in the media.  

Its like Groundhogs Day.  LOL

Huh?  Where in this post am I saying "Ray Lucas and/or Joe Benigno is disrespecting the Jets"?  

I made one post about how Bill Simmons has changed his tune over time.  He used to say that Patriots and Jets fans were kindred spirits because the Pats used to be thought of the way the Jets are thought of now.  Now he calls Jets (and Mets) fans losers.

Below is somewhat of an example of the point I'm trying to make.  It's an article from prior to the Pats winning their 1st Superbowl.  He talks about how Jets fans should sympathize with the Pats because of their history of losing.  There is one where he said "kindred spirits" but I couldn't quickly find it.  

http://proxy.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/020118

image.thumb.png.febb786c2ac376801bd348f1c5acf773.png

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

A real meeting of the minds.

Huh?  Where in this post am I saying "Ray Lucas and/or Joe Benigno is disrespecting the Jets"?  

I made one post about how Bill Simmons has changed his tune over time.  He used to say that Patriots and Jets fans were kindred spirits because the Pats used to be thought of the way the Jets are thought of now.  Now he calls Jets (and Mets) fans losers.

Below is somewhat of an example of the point I'm trying to make.  It's an article from prior to the Pats winning their 1st Superbowl.  He talks about how Jets fans should sympathize with the Pats because of their history of losing.  There is one where he said "kindred spirits" but I couldn't quickly find it.  

http://proxy.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/020118

image.thumb.png.febb786c2ac376801bd348f1c5acf773.png

I said you spend too much time worrying about what they say.  

You've started other threads about what theyve said.  

The reality of it is, who cares that they didnt want Gase.  Hes here and so far theyre wrong.

Not a big deal 

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I said you spend too much time worrying about what they say.  

You've started other threads about what theyve said.  

The reality of it is, who cares that they didnt want Gase.  Hes here and so far theyre wrong.

Not a big deal 

I've posted other threads about Benigno and Ray Lucas?  Pretty sure I haven't.  But even if I did, what's wrong with that?  Plenty of people post articles from people who analyze the team.  Heck, when KRL posts his own original content about training camp, people love it.  Do you criticize that?

Btw, what makes you convinced Benigno/Lucas are wrong about Gase so far? He hasn't coached a regular season game for us yet.

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I've posted other threads about Benigno and Ray Lucas?  Pretty sure I haven't.  But even if I did, what's wrong with that?  Plenty of people post articles from people who analyze the team.  Heck, when KRL posts his own original content about training camp, people love it.  Do you criticize that?

Btw, what makes you convinced Benigno/Lucas are wrong about Gase so far? He hasn't coached a regular season game for us yet.

Really?  Thats what youre reading?

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Really?  Thats what youre reading?

Huh?  You called me out for always complaining that the sports media criticizes the Jets.  I then challenged you to point out where I'm saying that in this post (and also that people post articles about the team all the time and gave KRL's camp reports as an example).  Instead of giving me an answer, you deflected with this non-sequitur.

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I 

I get a kick out of Benigno.  I realize he's oftentimes irrational but I find him to be entertaining.  Essentially, he's a certain stereotype of a NY fan who wears their heart on their sleeve.  And, say what you want about him, but the guy has an impressive memory of Jets' history.  When some random detail comes up in conversation about a game from decades ago, he'll instantly recall and discuss things about it.  He may be crotchety but he's no phony.

As for Fireman Ed, I never cared for the guy.  I always felt like he was out there to be in front of the cameras on national TV so he could be seen as the "#1 Jet fan". Admittedly, though, I did like the J-E-T-S chant.  I know we disagree on that point as well, btw. 

Huh?  You called me out for always complaining that the sports media criticizes the Jets.  I then challenged you to point out where I'm saying that in this post (and also that people post articles about the team all the time and gave KRL's camp reports as an example).  Instead of giving me an answer, you deflected with this non-sequitur.

Shlt, move on.  All I said I'm saying who gives a shlt about what some say.  Youre asking for what the 3rd or 4th clarification and still dont get what I said? 

F it, we should all care what Lucas says, who he likes or doesnt like.  Lets move on

19 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Why on Earth would anyone be jealous of a fairweather blue collar worker flapping his arms while making a grumpy face?  I'm sorry, but is that something someone actually aspires to be?

The fact that you've been duped to the point that you love this self-promoting quitter so much that you've convinced yourself he is above criticism is just amazing to me.

SAR I