Week 1 Offensive Line Breakdown

hylandator25

link removed

I wrote a breakdown of the Jets offensive line play in week 1. Poor communication and inability to identify where blitzes were coming from doomed them from the start. Bell masked alot of the inefficiencies in the run game with his ability to break tackles and make the first defender miss.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, hylandator25 said:

link removed

I wrote a breakdown of the Jets offensive line play in week 1. Poor communication and inability to identify where blitzes were coming from doomed them from the start. Bell masked alot of the inefficiencies in the run game with his ability to break tackles and make the first defender miss. Offensive Line Breakdown

A breakdown? A breakdown implied they were actually a cohesive unit at some point. They were complete out and put GARBAGE right from the opening kickoff. Not only that but Adam Base completely outschemed and outcoached. Sean McDermott made Adam Gase his BITCH.

Edited by Maxman
link removed

"The Jets again have a shot at Anderson deep, but he stumbles out of his break and Darnold over throws him. The Jets had a chance to hit Robbie deep 3 times this game, twice he was under thrown, and once overthrown. If the Jets can connect on any one of those passes they win this game."

FREE ROBBY!

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

"The Jets again have a shot at Anderson deep, but he stumbles out of his break and Darnold over throws him. The Jets had a chance to hit Robbie deep 3 times this game, twice he was under thrown, and once overthrown. If the Jets can connect on any one of those passes they win this game."

FREE ROBBY!

Easy to over throw a player when he stops running.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

A breakdown? A breakdown implied they were actually a cohesive unit at some point. They were complete out and put GARBAGE right from the opening kickoff. Not only that but Adam Base completely outschemed and outcoached. Sean McDermott made Adam Gase his BITCH.

Those English as a 2nd language classes not going so well?

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

You should copy & paste your write-up here so we don’t have to leave the site we came to. 

The reason I linked to the site is because there are multiple GIFs and screen shots illustrating what I am talking. If I copy and pasted I'm not sure how those would translate.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hylandator25 said:

The reason I linked to the site is because there are multiple GIFs and screen shots illustrating what I am talking. If I copy and pasted I'm not sure how those would translate.

You linked to the site because you wanted to promote it. You should have checked first, that isn't cool to just show up and promote another site.

Please don't post any more links.

• Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, Losmeister said:

FREE ROBBY!

Truth is the game plan wasn;t as bad as people make it out to be. Gase has been talking about giving what the defense gives the O. We did that with the quick passes which would help cover the O line issues.  Take what the D gives and then take your shots down field when the D adjusts to the short game.  If we hit one of those Robbie fliers that were set up by the underneath the game is over. 

It was a sloppy game no doubt, but the game plan was not as abysmal as people are crying about.  We just didn't;'t nail it down.  Darnold, Robbie, OL and ultimately the 4th quarter D without Mosely and Q. Tough loss to be sure, but we can certainly get this together. 

Winters blows. ;)