Bowles > Gase

At a minimum, Gase is clearly worse at what he was supposed to be good at. The supposed offensive guru/QB whisperer has zero answers and this is the worst Jets offense I think I've ever seen. The only one even close is 2005 when Pennington and Fiedler both went down in the early weeks and we had Brooks Bollinger at QB and Curtis was running with bone on bone in his knee. That team still averaged 40 more yards per game despite the fact that the rules hadn't even been changed yet to help offenses.

Again the New York Jets are dead last in the NFL with 209 yards per game on offense -- the second worst are the Dolphins (who are deliberately tanking) with 258 yards per game. That is completely and utterly pathetic. We can talk about injuries and mono, and bad talent all we want. The reality is Adam Gase has been a complete and total failure. We hired him specifically to mentor and help Sam Darnold, to build around him and develop him. The exact opposite has happened. He's regressed.

Bowles was a bad game manager and cycled through OCs but his defenses were usually decent and the team usually played hard for him. He's the classic "great coordinator, bad HC" guy. Is Gase even a good coordinator? The evidence (and there's a lot of at at this point) suggests that he's only a good coordinator when Peyton Manning is his QB on a loaded Super Bowl caliber team.

The sad reality is that our HC hire this past offseason was the most important decision by the organization in 20 years and we whiffed. It's a mistake that has the potential to ruin the career of the best QB prospect we've drafted since Joe Namath.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

When you have the ball with plenty of time only down 7 I don't call that a blowout.  Games are 60 minutes long in regulation.  We struggled most of the game but had a chance late.  We failed like bad teams do but it wasn't a blowout.

I saw an undermanned team competing pretty hard.  

Jax snuffed out any hope of a comeback. That is what happened.

comparing Bowles to Gase would have been unthinkable in this forum when Gase was hired

Unthinkable 

the common sense in Jan 2019 was: firing people makes things better and anyone could do better than Bowles

here's the reality Bowles made Salad out of Shinola most weeks with a roster spend 80-100 million dollars less than Adam Gase

they lost, all the time, but were rarely embarrassed and certainly not right away like year 1 of Bowles they won games. 

Bowles was hired after Rex to be quiet and then was reviled for being too quiet and not reacting enough.

People were making "cigar store indian" jokes, borderline in the 90's on Seinfeld  

which leads me to my final (and least popular) point the Jets fanbase are often a bunch of mouth breathers ... not everyone but there are a couple of bad apples who always hated Bowles and Mohammad Wilkerson for reasons that were not football related.

How can I say this without violating Max's rules?

what's the opposite of Woke? Asleep?

the Jets are a sleepy fanbase with unconscious ownership.

they are currently engaged in a workman's comp issue with a man named Kelechi. 

to all good night    

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

comparing Bowles to Gase would have been unthinkable in this forum when Gase was hired

Unthinkable 

the common sense in Jan 2019 was: firing people makes things better and anyone could do better than Bowles

here's the reality Bowles made Salad out of Shinola most weeks with a roster spend 80-100 million dollars less than Adam Gase

they lost, all the time, but were rarely embarrassed and certainly not right away like year 1 of Bowles they won games. 

Bowles was hired after Rex to be quiet and then was reviled for being too quiet and not reacting enough.

People were making "cigar store indian" jokes, borderline in the 90's on Seinfeld  

which leads me to my final (and least popular) point the Jets fanbase are often a bunch of mouth breathers ... not everyone but there are a couple of bad apples who always hated Bowles and Mohammad Wilkerson for reasons that were not football related.

How can I say this without violating Max's rules?

what's the opposite of Woke? Asleep?

the Jets are a sleepy fanbase with unconscious ownership.

they are currently engaged in a workman's comp issue with a man named Kelechi. 

to all good night    

This is the biggest piece of garbage post I have ever read on this board.  You are better than this.

If you think Bowles had the same healthy roster we have now then you aren't watching.  Work Bowles we'd be winless, it's only one less game but we'd be winless.  Did you notice Bowles' record with backup QBs? Heck even with Sam last year he couldn't win.  The only positive difference right now is Bell and behind a patchwork OL he is neutralized.

They were rarely embarrassed?

Just last year they got embarrassed at Jacksonville against the 5-11 jaguars(they gave 4 wins already this year). They were embarrassed at home vs Miami, at Cleveland, home vs Minnesota, at Chicago, home vs Buffalo, at NE.  That was just last year.  How soon we forget.

• Haha 1