Bowles > Gase

No, I don't see it. I don't see any problem with gase so far. I don't really like gase, but so far I'm not hating him.

People are mad and upset I get it, but we need an online and a new qb

Nobody wants to say it. But...
This team played harder for Bowles.
The Offense looked better even though it didn't have Bell and Crowder. Darnold looked better last year.
The Defense, although I wouldn't say it looked better, was as good.
Special teams were better.
No matter how bad things got, you never felt TB was going to lose the locker room. It's not even November, and we're worried that could happen to Gase.
So there. I said it. Prove me wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

6 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

The Offense looked better even though it didn't have Bell and Crowder. Darnold looked better last year.

No matter how bad things got, you never felt TB was going to lose the locker room. It's not even November, and we're worried that could happen to Gase.

who in the f*ck could butt fumble this? 

@Ken Shroy Have you watched any games this season?  This team is as bad, if not worse, than it was during any time during Bowels' years. 

Worse than our record or how completely uncompetitive they are is that Sam looks consistently worse than he did during anytime of his rookie year. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, funaz said:

No, I don't see it. I don't see any problem with gase so far. I don't really like gase, but so far I'm not hating him.

People are mad and upset I get it, but we need an online and a new qb

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I'm pretty sure this is sarcasm. You're being sarcastic, right? 

7 hours ago, nico002 said:

Gase Darnold have played 4 games

1. against the #2 defense in the NFL, with mono

1. against the #1 defense in nfl history through 8 games- look what they are doing to the browns 

1. against a top NFC team- they won it 

1. against a good defense on the road, it was a 1 score game until late in the 4th... Bowles was embarrassed by same team last year... with Blake bortles at QB

let gase and Darnold have a more even schedule before you judge them entirely. It’s not typical to have such a front loaded schedule. 

Fanboy.....   hahahahahahahahaha.   Sam darnold pjs , adam gase mouse pad...   your whole fantasy football team consists of NY jets

6 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Don’t be such an apologist. And btw you have to beat good teams to be a good team so I’m sick of hearing this their schedule is tough crap. A decent team would at least be competitive. 

Dont waste your energy trying to rationalize with this fanboy.  Hes by far the worst poster on this board.   Hed trade it all to get on his knees and take in darnolds manhood

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

who in the f*ck could butt fumble this? 

@Ken Shroy Have you watched any games this season?  This team is as bad, if not worse, than it was during any time during Bowels' years. 

Worse than our record or how completely uncompetitive they are is that Sam looks consistently worse than he did during anytime of his rookie year. 

Bowles was a horses ass and so were his assistant coaches. GW is a good coach. Name me a good coach under Bowles.

13 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I think they are more equal. The sh*tty roster has been decimated with injuries so I’d say that levels the playing field. Players like Bowles more which can help the lockeroom but he never held anyone accountable. Gase seems like he can lose a lockeroom easy but hold players somewhat accountable. They are both complete trash. 

There is a difference between holding a player accountable and throwing him under the bus. 

13 hours ago, nico002 said:

1. against the #1 defense in nfl history through 8 games- look what they are doing to the browns 

1. against a good defense on the road, it was a 1 score game until late in the 4th... Bowles was embarrassed by same team last year... with Blake bortles at QB

let gase and Darnold have a more even schedule before you judge them entirely. It’s not typical to have such a front loaded schedule. 

Honestly, I don't  care about beating Dallas or losing to the top two defensive teams.  Losing to Jax is inexcusable if you are supposed to be an up and coming team. They suck and had a no name QB starting. This should have been a win. If Gase could not game plan a win here, he is a bumbling fool and I'm not sure Williams is any better. 

13 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Did the offense have 3 starters missing on the OL? Missing top WR? TE? Have QB with mono?

Have all their LBs out including their best defensive player?

The Jets quit on Bowles often, yesterday despite everything going wrong they had the ball in their hands down by only a TD in the 4th qtr.

A year ago with more healthy talent against a jags team that would go 5-11 they geminated us and ran up the score on the same field.  This year's Jags have 4 wins already and we actually didn't quit and competed despite the ridiculous number of injuries we have.

I get it, the team sucks right now but look at it logically.  Look at who is playing for us and anyone saying Gase is worse already forgot how truly awful Bowles was.

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, I don't  care about beating Dallas or losing to the top two defensive teams.  Losing to Jax is inexcusable if you are supposed to be an up and coming team. They suck and had a no name QB starting. This should have been a win. If Gase could not game plan a win here, he is a bumbling fool and I'm not sure Williams is any better. 

They are 4-4, we had a chance late in the game. Last year they finished 5-11 and we didn't compete at all.

13 hours ago, nico002 said:

Thank you Nico, it's nice to see some sanity on here.  People are acting like the team getting beat is the team we thought we had in the offseason workout discussing the crazy injuries along with multiple suspensions (one huge player was suspended and is now hurt) and mono.  Look at the OL we had out there yesterday, look at the LBs.  Gase may be end up being terrible but I can't judge him based on these first 8 games.  I can judge Bowles on 4 years of awful coaching including the 1st test when we won 10 with a very talented roster yet missed the playoffs with a creampuff schedule.

Just now, nyjunc said:

Gase may be end up being terrible but I can't judge him based on these first 8 games.  I can judge Bowles on 4 years of awful coaching including the 1st test when we won 10 with a very talented roster yet missed the playoffs with a creampuff schedule.

Are we supposed to ignore the 3 years in Miami for Gase where he was a complete disaster and lost the team?

The past several coaches we had, all were pretty successful in their first year, and turned out not so good. Bowles, Rex, Mangini, Herm, Groh all had winning seasons in their first year and were ultimately bad coaches. Maybe Gase is bucking the trend, bad first year, and he will prove to be better.

Its hard to like what we have seen so far, but lets not ignore some painfully obvious facts, we had limited talent, and its been made worse through lots of injuries, and suspensions.  Our past several GM's were terrible, we have literally nobody on either side of the ball that scares opposing coaches and need to be game planned against. Not sure what QB and HC are going to look competent under that type of scenario. Not to mention we have played a very tough schedule to date.

14 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Bowles was awful.  Gase got Miami to a playoff, Bowles choked his opportunity away followed by 3 Double digit loss seasons consecutively. 

14 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Where is Gase losing the locker room?

People are going crazy because we had really success with a very talented team against a very weak schedule in 2015.  So far we've played 1 currently bad team and did so with a practice squad QB playing most of that game.

The other 3 years the seasons were over by October just like this year but without the ridiculous number of key injuries.  The only year we had playoff expectations heading into a season with Bowles we started 1-5 and 3-9 before eventually going 5-11.  

We finished 2016 losing 6 of our last 8 only breathing 2 other dead teams.  Our last 3 losses we lost to Indy at home on national TV 41-10, Miami 34-13 on natl TV and NE 41-3 but that team didn't quit?

In 2017 we had a brief glimmer of hope at 3-2 then would win 2 games the rest of the year including losing our last 4 but that team didn't quit?

Last year we were 3-3 and lost 6 straight and 9 of 10 overall.  The only reason that felt different was because Sam came back and played well in losses.

Gase made the playoffs with Ryan Tannehill and Matt Moore at QB, can we give him more than 8 games with a roster that has been crushed by injuries and an incredibly difficult schedule?

14 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Are we supposed to ignore the 3 years in Miami for Gase where he was a complete disaster and lost the team?

You mean the 3 years where his teams finished better than they should have including making the playoffs with Matt Moore and Ryan Tannehill?

25 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

They are 4-4, we had a chance late in the game. Last year they finished 5-11 and we didn't compete at all.

They beat the Bengals, Tiatans, barely beat the Broncos and us. And they didn't  just beat us, they did it in convincing fashion. They are not a good team, they are not going to the playoffs. WTF is wrong with you. They beat a bunch of scrubs

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Do you mean “them” or him? 

I think Gases version of accountability  is calling you out in a presser. If you want to talk about accountability,  he should have fired his OL coach by now who is doing a miserable job.  I also blame Gase for the bad OL play because he is giving them the scheme to teach but clearly to everyone, the OL is an embarrassment.  If anyone else in the NFL had a unit performing as badly game in and game out, there would be something done. I know the players suck but they are still and NFL player. They must be able to do something right.  Even the worst player in the league was an outstanding college player and to an extent a freak of nature or you don't make it this far

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You mean the 3 years where his teams finished better than they should have including making the playoffs with Matt Moore and Ryan Tannehill?

You mean the Ryan Tannehill and matt moore that lit it up yesterday? 

All QBs, every single one look bad under gase and it is his job specifically to make them look good.

Half the teams in the league are using backups and has beens and are functioning okay  if not great.

The offense has looked hopeless under Gase, he is utterly terrible.

18 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

They beat the Bengals, Tiatans, barely beat the Broncos and us. And they didn't  just beat us, they did it in convincing fashion. They are not a good team, they are not going to the playoffs. WTF is wrong with you. They beat a bunch of scrubs

We had the ball down only 7 Midway through the 4th qtr, that's convincing fashion? Against a depleted team?

The Titans and broncos have been competitive.  

10 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Neither are capable nfl hc's, who care's?

This - Bowles lost the locker room in year 2, (should have been fired) Gase flaming out a year earlier, so what - both are horrible, plus Bowles had a fitzmagic first year 

and what if Rex is better than both combined? they all have an expiration date

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You mean the Ryan Tannehill and matt moore that lit it up yesterday? 

All QBs, every single one look bad under gase and it is his job specifically to make them look good.

Half the teams in the league are using backups and has beens and are functioning okay  if not great.

The offense has looked hopeless under Gase, he is utterly terrible.

Tannehill lit it up?

First TD "drive" began at TB 5(actually 10 but they got a penalty to move it to the 5)

Next TD "drive" began at TB 6

They won because Winston handed them that game.

I didn't see Moore and that talented O around him.

Tannehill with Gase: 13-11 including only winning season

Tannehill without Gase: 31-35

Moore only started 5 games, won game he came into when tannehill for hurt in 16 then next 2 starts to get them to the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

We had the ball down only 7 Midway through the 4th qtr, that's convincing fashion? Against a depleted team?

The Titans and broncos have been competitive.  

29 to 15. That is a blow out. And don't  tell me the game was closer that the score. 1 score in the first and one score in the 4th. That is not going to cut it against any team.

As far as the two team you mentioned, The Titans benched their FQB. That is how well they have played. They were shut out by a 1 win Broncos team. The Broncos are 2-6. You call that competitive? One of the 2 they beat were the Titans with Mariota.  It was such an embarrassment that they bench him. 

15 hours ago, nico002 said:

agree on not judging gase, darnold and this team too harshly.  i don't agree with the schedule being an excuse.  the jets should have won the buffalo game and even the browns game.  right now there are just too many injuries for them to be consistent.  gase has got to start calling plays they can execute even if that means running the ball more.

Look, Gase  might be good for Darnold in theory, but he's not the right coach for this team.  It's obvious his best years were when he coached veteran teams that were well-built.  He can't coach up young guys. 

However, listening to Joe Benigno and Evan Roberts, these guys act like we'd be a 10-6 team if only we hired Mike McCarthy.  That is also BS.  Their agenda is so anti-Gase it blinds them as to how bad this roster really is.  Good coaches don't grow on trees and there aren't many coaches who could win games with an offensive line and receivers this bad.

Sure, fire Gase.  But who are we replacing him with???

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

29 to 15. That is a blow out. And don't  tell me the game was closer that the score. 1 score in the first and one score in the 4th. That is not going to cut it against any team.

As far as the two team you mentioned, The Titans benched their FQB. That is how well they have played. They were shut out by a 1 win Broncos team. The Broncos are 2-6. You call that competitive? One of the 2 they beat were the Titans with Mariota.  It was such an embarrassment that they bench him. 

We had the ball down 7 late, that was not a blowout. A blowout was last year under Bowles when we trailed 18-0 and 25-3, we only got it within 13 in the 4th and lost 31-12.

26 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

We had the ball down 7 late, that was not a blowout. A blowout was last year under Bowles when we trailed 18-0 and 25-3, we only got it within 13 in the 4th and lost 31-12.

Call it what you want. They lost. Scored on the opening drive and didn't  score again until  the 4th qrt

You want to call that competitive then you should thoroughly  enjoy  the rest of Gase's tenure 

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I think Gases version of accountability  is calling you out in a presser. If you want to talk about accountability,  he should have fired his OL coach by now who is doing a miserable job.  I also blame Gase for the bad OL play because he is giving them the scheme to teach but clearly to everyone, the OL is an embarrassment.  If anyone else in the NFL had a unit performing as badly game in and game out, there would be something done. I know the players suck but they are still and NFL player. They must be able to do something right.  Even the worst player in the league was an outstanding college player and to an extent a freak of nature or you don't make it this far

Gotcha. 

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Call it what you want. They lost. Scored on the opening drive and didn't  score again until  the 4th qrt

You want to call that competitive then you should thoroughly  enjoy  the rest of Gase's tenure 

When you have the ball with plenty of time only down 7 I don't call that a blowout.  Games are 60 minutes long in regulation.  We struggled most of the game but had a chance late.  We failed like bad teams do but it wasn't a blowout.

I saw an undermanned team competing pretty hard.  

Although the Jets spent a lot of money this past off season, and had a draft where they picked 3rd in the First and Third+ plus rounds, the reality is that the Jets are much less talented this year than they were last year, when you take into account the players that can actually play who are not injured.  

We can discuss why so many players are injured, and it is not clear to me that Gase is a better coach than Bowles (and Bowles was not good), but from a talent perspective this is a worse team.