Bowles > Gase

I think they are more equal. The sh*tty roster has been decimated with injuries so I’d say that levels the playing field. Players like Bowles more which can help the lockeroom but he never held anyone accountable. Gase seems like he can lose a lockeroom easy but hold players somewhat accountable. They are both complete trash. 

Gase Darnold have played 4 games

1. against the #2 defense in the NFL, with mono

1. against the #1 defense in nfl history through 8 games- look what they are doing to the browns 

1. against a top NFC team- they won it 

1. against a good defense on the road, it was a 1 score game until late in the 4th... Bowles was embarrassed by same team last year... with Blake bortles at QB

let gase and Darnold have a more even schedule before you judge them entirely. It’s not typical to have such a front loaded schedule. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 9
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

1. against the #1 defense in nfl history through 8 games- look what they are doing to the browns 

1. against a good defense on the road, it was a 1 score game until late in the 4th... Bowles was embarrassed by same team last year... with Blake bortles at QB

let gase and Darnold have a more even schedule before you judge them entirely. It’s not typical to have such a front loaded schedule. 

I’m sorry but Darnold isn’t good. Gase is poor.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I think they are more equal. The sh*tty roster has been decimated with injuries so I’d say that levels the playing field. Players like Bowles more which can help the lockeroom but he never held anyone accountable. Gase seems like he can lose a lockeroom easy but hold players somewhat accountable. They are both complete trash. 

Yeah, it's hard to argue with your last sentence, but the fact that after spending $100 mil, the team, and especially the QB under the so called "QB whisperer" looks worse then last years, is very damning.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Nobody wants to say it. But...

This team played harder for Bowles.

The Offense looked better even though it didn't have Bell and Crowder. Darnold looked better last year.

The Defense, although I wouldn't say it looked better, was as good.

Special teams were better.

No matter how bad things got, you never felt TB was going to lose the locker room. It's not even November, and we're worried that could happen to Gase.

So there. I said it. Prove me wrong.

All we need is an offensive minded coach tho.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah, it's hard to argue with your last sentence, but the fact that after spending $100 mil, the team, and especially the QB under the so called "QB whisperer" looks worse then last years, is very damning.

It is but the money wasn’t spent too well and the OL is the main culprit. It is what it is. I don’t even care man. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

The sh*tty roster has been decimated with injuries

so, in theory, injuries matter less with a sh!!ty roster.

No, the coaching is bad:

There was NO REASON to go with Kalil, who is shot. That's stupidity and bad player management. Beachum got hurt and the replacements have been horrible. But, let's be honest, they looked good the first pre-season game and that's been it. oh, and against Dallas. so 2 out of 10 games they looked decent. That's not what I'm looking for. They should be trending up and they are trending down.

And he's pretty much destroyed Darnold. It would have taken Bowles AT LEAST another season for that. It's pick your poison:

Bowles: death by a thousand cuts

Gase: a quick smothering...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Stop - they've literally been blown out 5 times in a 7 games so far.  I don't care who you're playing against - it's ridiculous.  

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Don’t be such an apologist. And btw you have to beat good teams to be a good team so I’m sick of hearing this their schedule is tough crap. A decent team would at least be competitive. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop - they'll literally been blown out 5 times in a 7 games so far.  I don't care who you're playing against - it's ridiculous.  

and isn't a "franchise qb" supposed to rise to the moment? He's literally played worse the bigger the game:

• Against Baker Mayfield: Mayfield made him his b!tch
  • Against the Pats: probably the worst performance since the Butt Fumble.

I want Darnold to be "the guy" but he hasn't exactly come up big to match the moments. And reading that he's done this and he's done that, most of which were during losses, really hurts his likeability.

29 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Nobody wants to say it. But...

This team played harder for Bowles.

The Offense looked better even though it didn't have Bell and Crowder. Darnold looked better last year.

The Defense, although I wouldn't say it looked better, was as good.

Special teams were better.

No matter how bad things got, you never felt TB was going to lose the locker room. It's not even November, and we're worried that could happen to Gase.

So there. I said it. Prove me wrong.

1. Who cares? You're comparing levels of complete crappiness. What have you got on your hands at the end of the day? Crap.

2. I'd bet my last dime Bowles would have the same record as this point given the same talent and circumstances.

3 minutes ago, phill1c said:

and isn't a "franchise qb" supposed to rise to the moment? He's literally played worse the bigger the game:

• Against Baker Mayfield: Mayfield made him his b!tch
  • Against the Pats: probably the worst performance since the Butt Fumble.

I want Darnold to be "the guy" but he hasn't exactly come up big to match the moments. And reading that he's done this and he's done that, most of which were during losses, really hurts his likeability.

Stop...

Baker Mayfield - are you seriously trying to make your point with the second game of his rookie year?

Did you watch Baker Mayfield against the Pats today?

Sam hasn't been great but is pretty far down the line on why this team has been blown out so often (especially considering he's missed 4 games)

Bowles was and still is a defensive coach and former NFL DB and the extreme weak point of his teams was defense esp pass defense. He is a good clubhouse guy someone who players always said has integrity and that’s very important working with players etc. He’s a character guy. I liked him but after watching so many D breakdowns it was hard to defend him. Gase is an O guy and had the rep of being an innovative young O coach who had worked with good offenses and players like Peyton. That’s why he got two head coaching jobs esp when the trend was to hire offense experts. Gase should get more time and a chance to get players he wants to work with. But in 7 games his O is unimpressive. And now he has his own hand picked GM. 

33 minutes ago, nico002 said:

How can you even say this? It’s painfully obvious Gase does NOTHING in the way of adjustments. NOTHING! He stands there and hopes his sh*tty game plan works- then it doesn’t and he says the exact same thing after every game.

Not ready to give up on Sam yet- but he looks completely lost and is playing very reckless. At this point anyone can see it’s over. Sadly I think we’re stuck with Gase at least one more year.

I get the line sucks- coaches find ways to scheme things to hide warts. Gase does nothing but the same thing over and over and expects different results. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You could probably re-hire him after the season if you want. Dream big.

That's a cute quip, but it's not at all relevant, is it?

Nobody wants to bring back a failed coach, but when the one who replaced him looks worse, that's a problem. Then when you add to that he got to hand pick the new GM he's working with, I'd say there's reason to be concerned. 

45 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop...

Baker Mayfield - are you seriously trying to make your point with the second game of his rookie year?

Did you watch Baker Mayfield against the Pats today?

Sam hasn't been great but is pretty far down the line on why this team has been blown out so often (especially considering he's missed 4 games)

Yes, I'm seriously pointing out that he played like a b!tch that day. And I seriously didn't like it.

I don't know how you can say that 7 INTs is "pretty far down the line". Do I think QB is the main issue with this team, no, I don't. I think Coaching and GM and Owner is the root cause. But I don't see Darnold as the savior and I never have. I think he is adequately talented, especially in arm strength and mobility. However, right now, his head is NOT at the quality I need to see before I anoint anyone with "franchise" just because the fans NEED him to be. He's got physical talent, but he's not at the level of, say, Watson or Garafalo. With experience and an adequate offensive personnel around him, he's got the potential. But so do a hundred other guys drafted lower than him.