I Am Glad Sam Darnold Is Alive

Warfish

Heart goes out to the young lady's family,

There was also a story here in Illinois a few weeks ago of a local youth hockey player with mono who died of a ruptured spleen the day after playing a game.

Mono is s serious illness.  Sam should consider himself lucky to have escaped the Buffalo game without any serious lasting effects.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/florida-teen-dies-mono

An example that, silly as it is that a grown man and NFL Starting QB got Mono.......that Mono is actually serious, not kidding around, kinda thing.

RIP to the kid.  

Now mind where you put your lips going forward Sam, please.

Good thing he wasn’t drafted by Jacksonville, Miami or Tampa. 

What an awful story. I'm not a doctor or a lawyer but I'm recently a father and I don't even know what I'd do if I were in those parents' shoes. There has to be negligence on the part of the doctors who didn't provide a formal diagnosis even after running tests for mono, right?

And yes, I'm glad Darnold's bout with it ended better. 

Weird. I literally just read the same article and came here to mention it. Really sad and I feel terrible for the parents, especially after they took her to the hospital and she didnt get diagnosed quickly. Has to be no worse of a feeling. 

Can you imagine if Sam would have actually passed away? I cannot fathom. 

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, freestater said:

I pray that he continues to be after tonight...

season 3 smiling GIF

I will be amazed if Sam makes it to the end of the game. 

I can legit see them pulling him for the rest of the season if he is starting to get beat up. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Lith said:

Heart goes out to the young lady's family,

There was also a story here in Illinois a few weeks ago of a local youth hockey player with mono who died of a ruptured spleen the day after playing a game.

Mono is s serious illness.  Sam should consider himself lucky to have escaped the Buffalo game without any serious lasting effects.

I imagine that is why he doesn’t run for obvious first downs but throws for a much harder completion. It must take a great deal of self control to do that