Buying a house.... what is this?!?

On 1/5/2020 at 4:44 PM, HighPitch said:

Help. If you know what this is please respond. If you dont know or just want to speculate please hush. No gay jokes either. This is a house in Florida. Thanksimageproxy.php?img=&key=39cf8ad10baac159

FE41421D-814E-446B-AE05-4E25EA5568E7.jpeg

Is the house near  a retention pond/waterway? Is there drainage or other underground ststem?

Either that or a base for something that's no longer there. Looks like an older stucco house. Depending on age/era could be a lit of things. Not apparently structural though.

On 1/5/2020 at 4:44 PM, HighPitch said:

Help. If you know what this is please respond. If you dont know or just want to speculate please hush. No gay jokes either. This is a house in Florida. Thanksimageproxy.php?img=&key=39cf8ad10baac159

FE41421D-814E-446B-AE05-4E25EA5568E7.jpeg

Hang on, it almost looks like an upside down concrete bench. If so, Why it would be there I dont know. 

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Thanks guys. It is what I expected. They are foundation piers. Put in in 2006. Minor foundation settling and a solid repair but Im out of the deal because its on public records forever.

It wasn't meant to be, move and find another house. 

This the advice I just gave my daughter and her bf they were just out bidder on a home they were trying to buy. 

Good luck @HighPitch

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Thanks guys. It is what I expected. They are foundation piers. Put in in 2006. Minor foundation settling and a solid repair but Im out of the deal because its on public records forever.

I don’t know anything about housing or construction or building, etc. However, I will be in the housing market very soon, if not sooner.

Why is this a problem and what does it matter that it’s on public records? Also, what are the public records you’re talking about?

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I don’t know anything about housing or construction or building, etc. However, I will be in the housing market very soon, if not sooner.

Why is this a problem and what does it matter that it’s on public records? Also, what are the public records you’re talking about?

Never buy a house with foundation issues of any kind. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Well, foundation issues are a huge stain. They are expensive and who knows if the job was done right or if it will fail.

this is a florida thing.... with sinkholes and such. Up north you dont have to be as concerned.

its like buying a car that was in a bad accident. Sure its fixed and looks great but when you go to sell people will find it on carfax and not want to buy it. Move on to the other car that was never hit.

the public records in this case was a permit search in the county. It was fixed in 2006. When i sell, by law i have to disclose. Nobody wants to hear”its a great house great neighbors but there was past foundation issues...”