news:jets will trade down for extra picks

jets rooter

THis would be the way I would go but don't be suprised if you see many many smoke screens comming out of Jet Central. If they start really playing up a player or two I am sure they will trade the pick. If the start downplaying the players available at 4 they want someone bad and will take him.

reliable sources say that the jets will trade down for extra picks.in my estimation that is the correct thing to do.with a new coach and mgt. they will want to build the team in their own image.the best thing to happen to the jets was releasing that dummy herman edwards.

" reliable sources . . . " the cab driver over at kennedy . . . :beer:

I have no clue what the Jets will do draftwise. Either scenario of drafting D'Brick, Cutler, etc would help, but what might help the most is trading down.

To do so, you'd need a team that is hungry, almost desperate for a player. Atlanta might be that team. They need a pass rusher. So does Green Bay, Oaklnad, and Denver.

In my opinion, Denver might be the most attractive, since they have 2 #1 picks(#22 and #29).

Atlanta has a kid that could be the next Delhomme or Hasselbeck, in Schaub, plus they own the #15 pick.

Instead of trading down, we could simply ship out Abe to San Diego for Rivers(I still doubt that he is available), Atlanta for their #15 and Schaub, or Denver for either of their first rounders, or both (doubt this) plus any additonal picks.

I think it all hinges on Abe and what Mangini plans on doing. What type of D he plans on using. This team could rebound very quickly by trading Abe.

I expect Abe to be shipped out.

Daydream of the moment: Trade Abe and our 2nd, for denvers two firsts and their 2nd. Idk how high thatd make abe worth on the draft value pick chart, but Im guessing some where around the 8th pick. But then again I have no clue so I'm probably just talking out of my ass.

Archived