Trent Williams Trade Proposal

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

So you timed him when?  And with Pitt, when?  When the holes opened, he hit them for yardage.  Wasn’t there often enough

there's something called AWS advanced stats they recorded Bell at 8 MPH like 25th out of 26th "qualifying" backs 

Derrick Henry gets up to 20 

now im not saying Bell has to be Henry but he's slow as molasses at this point (and they sell it as patience) 

call me crazy but a pro football team should have a starting tailback who can run fast. 

24 minutes ago, bitonti said:

there's something called AWS advanced stats they recorded Bell at 8 MPH like 25th out of 26th "qualifying" backs 

Derrick Henry gets up to 20 

now im not saying Bell has to be Henry but he's slow as molasses at this point (and they sell it as patience) 

call me crazy but a pro football team should have a starting tailback who can run fast. 

I really don't believe for that Bell runs only  8 MPH and Henry 20 MPH.  

One run?  Maybe.  

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I really don't believe for that Bell runs only  8 MPH and Henry 20 MPH.  

One run?  Maybe.  

I don't have the paid AWS account but Bell is almost dead last in "efficiency" 

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing#efficiency

Cimini has access through ESPN and here's a blurb from his Jan 5 article - he does talk about how playcalling sucks and blocking sucks but also... 

• Bell didn't pass the eyeball test, as he appeared a half-step slower than in the past. He was in great shape at the start of the season, but some wonder if he gained weight. Great runners have the ability to make something out of nothing, and Bell didn't do that. Incredibly, he reached 15 mph on only six runs, per NFL Next Gen Stats. Leonard Fournette, a similarly built runner, did it 44 times.

• Some will point to Bell's patient running style, but that doesn't fly. He got to the line of scrimmage faster than he did in Pittsburgh -- 2.84 seconds to 3.09, which shows he tried to adjust because of the circumstances. Still, it wasn't good enough. He averaged 3.22 yards per carry, the worst single-season mark in Jets history. If he returns, it's on everybody to make him more productive.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/82157/inside-look-at-leveon-bells-historically-poor-season-with-jets