Predict the # of new starters on Offense in 2020?

jetstream23

How many starters on offense will be different in Week 1 of 2020 as compared to 2019 lineup?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How many starters on offense will be different in Week 1 of 2020 as compared to 2019 lineup?

How many guys are we changing from the following....

WR  Robby Anderson

LT Kelvin Beachum

OG Alex Lewis

C Jonotthan Harrison

OG Brian Winters

RT Brandon Shell

TE Ryan Griffin

WR Jamison Crowder

WR Demaryius Thomas

RB Le'Veon Bell

Feel free to list your predicted changes in the thread.

(Can this be moved to the main board?)

I would say 6. Beachum will stay at LT and Harrison will stay at C but we will get 2 new OG starters and a new RT starter (even if its Edoga). 2 new starting WRs. Herndon will start at TE over the injured Griffin IMO. Thats What I expect. 

I'm guessing the Jets will bring back Beachum, draft an OT in Rd. 1 and start him at RT. Maybe its Becton, maybe its Wirfs, maybe its Jones, I doubt its A.Thomas, but even if it was, I'd rather put him at RT and keep Beachum at LT his first year. Then sign an OG like Glasgow or Scherff or Thuney. Then draft a Guard like Kindley or Bredeson or Muti or Lewis or Cushenberry or Hunt, I dunno, there's a ton of great OGs in the draft.  

As far as WR I just think they will draft two and both will crack the starting lineup along with Crowder.  

Might sound crazy but we could have 3-4 rookies starting on offense next year. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/23/2020 at 2:57 PM, jetstream23 said:

How many guys are we changing from the following....

WR  Robby Anderson

LT Kelvin Beachum

OG Alex Lewis

C Jonotthan Harrison

OG Brian Winters

RT Brandon Shell

TE Ryan Griffin

WR Jamison Crowder

WR Demaryius Thomas

RB Le'Veon Bell

Feel free to list your predicted changes in the thread.

(Can this be moved to the main board?)

We'll keep Sam, Leveon, and Crowder, obviously. I'll mark Griffin/herndon down as another. So that leaves 7.maybe 2 holdovers on the ol, but I'd bet only 1.

So 6 new starters, 5 at a minimum

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

We'll keep Sam, Leveon, and Crowder, obviously. I'll mark Griffin/herndon down as another. So that leaves 7.maybe 2 holdovers on the ol, but I'd bet only 1.

Fair opinion.  I think there's a reasonable chance, maybe 50/50, that the Jets are forced to start at least 2 returning OLinemen....and let's not dismiss the idea that it could even be 3 for a short period of time depending upon how long it takes some rookie(s) to break into the starting lineup.  If the Jets sign a starting OG and a starting RT in FA, but bring back some guys like Beachum at LT, Alex Lewis at OG and Harrison at C, then even if they Draft some guys like Mekhi Becton and/or Nick Harris at OT and C, those rookies may not start on Day 1.  Becton, Wirfs or whoever might either start as a backup for LT or maybe Becton earns the spot at RT in his first year before replacing Beachum at LT in 2021?

I really don't know how this will shake out but I just think we need to be prepared for some holdovers, maybe just initially, until some guys grow into their roles.  It's really doubtful that the Jets land guys who can have the type of immediate impact that D'Brick and Mangold had.  That was an anomaly I think, having two rookies at the two most important OLine spots start from Day 1.  Perhaps one rookie taken at #11 can do that this year for the Jets but probably not more than that.

6 hours ago, PepPep said:

I would say 6. Beachum will stay at LT and Harrison will stay at C but we will get 2 new OG starters and a new RT starter (even if its Edoga). 2 new starting WRs. Herndon will start at TE over the injured Griffin IMO. Thats What I expect. 

I'm guessing the Jets will bring back Beachum, draft an OT in Rd. 1 and start him at RT. Maybe its Becton, maybe its Wirfs, maybe its Jones, I doubt its A.Thomas, but even if it was, I'd rather put him at RT and keep Beachum at LT his first year. Then sign an OG like Glasgow or Scherff or Thuney. Then draft a Guard like Kindley or Bredeson or Muti or Lewis or Cushenberry or Hunt, I dunno, there's a ton of great OGs in the draft.  

As far as WR I just think they will draft two and both will crack the starting lineup along with Crowder.  

Might sound crazy but we could have 3-4 rookies starting on offense next year. 

I think the only possible returning OLinemen that could be starting are some subset of Beachum, Alex Lewis, Harrison and Edoga (if he earns a spot like RT during Training Camp).   Hopefully it's only 2 of those guys but the idea that we can wholesale change 5 starters in one season seems unrealistic.

14 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Herndon absolutely starts next year and I expect a big year.  65+ catches for 800 yards

Keep Lewis at G. Replace everyone else on the OL so that’s 4 there. Robby looks like he’s a goner so he’ll be replaced through the draft with one of the highly rated wr’s in it. Probably use one of the 3’s. I’d rather they use the 1st and 2nd on OL. JD signs another vet or they go with Dotson who they just signed. I’d say 6 in total. And that’s staggering but necessary.

On 2/25/2020 at 10:49 AM, Wonderboy said:

Keep Lewis at G. Replace everyone else on the OL so that’s 4 there. Robby looks like he’s a goner so he’ll be replaced through the draft with one of the highly rated wr’s in it. Probably use one of the 3’s. I’d rather they use the 1st and 2nd on OL. JD signs another vet or they go with Dotson who they just signed. I’d say 6 in total. And that’s staggering but necessary.

I'd address LT in FA with either Vaitai from Philly or bringing back Beachum.  Would still look to Draft LT in Round 1 if available.

I agree about bringing back Lewis in FA and I'd target a guy like Thuney or Glasgow to play RG, replacing Winters.

We keep Harrison as a mediocre Center with the goal of upgrading him with a Draft prospect in Rounds 2 or 3.

RT could be a challenge.  If the Jets sign guys like Vaitai and Thuney and/or Glasgow I don't think they'll be able to make a big splash with a young upgrade at RT in FA.  We might have to pencil in Edoga or Qvale for the time-being and head into the Draft with a goal of upgrading.  Perhaps the Jets Draft a young OT who is capable at either LT or RT (like Wirfs) with a plan to start him at RT in 2020 and eventually transition him to LT?

If we come out of FA with starting lineup of LT Vaitai, LG Lewis, C Harrison, RG Thuney, RT Edoga/Qvale I won't be thrilled but I could stomach it heading into the Draft where we take at least 2 OLinemen in our first 4 picks (3 Rounds).  This scenario assumes we don't bring back Shell either.

• Upvote 1