Losers so far during the new league season Trades/Free Agency

#1. Deshaun Watson/Texans. This is #1 and it's not even close. This man has to be PISSED OFF. Hopkins really did make alot of Watkins bad throws end up looking like fantastic plays given his ability. There's no replacing that. Who would have thought that the Texans would have been able to top retaining Bill O'Brien? Not only did they retain him, they made him GM and allowed him to make this trade with 3 years STILL remaining on Hopkins contract. Unbelievable. 

#2. Sam Darnold/Jets. The Jets need to protect Darnold at all costs. We heard that JD was going to be aggressive by making calls. Free agency begins and literally every top OT was signed by another team, and the deals made by other teams werent even for absurd amounts of money. Does anyone even want to play for Adam Gase and Christopher Johnson???

#3. Titans. Look, Tannehill is most definitely a winner in this, but the Titans as an organization are way out of the window on this one. I understand that you didnt want to let Henry walk, but you dont sign Tannehill to a 111 million dollar deal. You franchise Tanny, let Henry walk. Pick of Swift or another RB in the draft, and draft the overlooked Jalen Hurts in the draft and let him sit for a year and then let Tanny walk after the season. 

EDIT #4. Dolphins The Dolphins (NOT REDSKINS) made this deal. For some reason I misread the article that had the Redskins resigning Flowers for that amount. My bad. Either way, even if you're the Fins, you dont sign Flowers to that contract.

#5. Giants. They Franchise tagged Leo Williams. However, it's not the tag that is even the big story here, but it's the fact that they tagged him as a DT (rightfully so) yet there's rumblings that Williams is going to file a grievance with the league because of that, because he knows that if he were to have been tagged as a DE he would have been making a few million more. In otherwords, the Giants arent even certain that Leo will sign the tag. 

• Thumb Down 4

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

#1. Deshaun Watson/Texans. This is #1 and it's not even close. This man has to be PISSED OFF. Hopkins really did make alot of Watkins bad throws end up looking like fantastic plays given his ability. There's no replacing that. Who would have thought that the Texans would have been able to top retaining Bill O'Brien? Not only did they retain him, they made him GM and allowed him to make this trade with 3 years STILL remaining on Hopkins contract. Unbelievable. 

#2. Sam Darnold/Jets. The Jets need to protect Darnold at all costs. We heard that JD was going to be aggressive by making calls. Free agency begins and literally every top OT was signed by another team, and the deals made by other teams werent even for absurd amounts of money. Does anyone even want to play for Adam Gase and Christopher Johnson???

#3. Titans. Look, Tannehill is most definitely a winner in this, but the Titans as an organization are way out of the window on this one. I understand that you didnt want to let Henry walk, but you dont sign Tannehill to a 111 million dollar deal. You franchise Tanny, let Henry walk. Pick of Swift or another RB in the draft, and draft the overlooked Jalen Hurts in the draft and let him sit for a year and then let Tanny walk after the season. 

#4. Redskins. They completely destroy their business relationship with one of the best OT's of this generation in Trent Williams, and then they double down by signing Ereck Flowers to a 3 year 30M dollar deal. The Redskins may be the only team that I feel is in a worse scenario than the Jets as a franchise. 

#5. Giants. They Franchise tagged Leo Williams. However, it's not the tag that is even the big story here, but it's the fact that they tagged him as a DT (rightfully so) yet there's rumblings that Williams is going to file a grievance with the league because of that, because he knows that if he were to have been tagged as a DE he would have been making a few million more. In otherwords, the Giants arent even certain that Leo will sign the tag. 

This loses all credibility for saying the Redskins signed Flowers. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Good thing I have an edit button at my disposal. 

Luckily for me my credibility will be intact beyond your post. :-) 

Revisionist history be damned! You're like China trying to pass the buck on Coronavirus lol. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Winning the free agency trophy rarely results in the wins you fantasize about in the off season. 

Facts, but trading arguably the best WR in the game (Houston), not providing anything at all for your 3rd year QB (Jets) or welcoming Tannehill to the 100 million dollar club probably wont help you win anything during the regular season either. 

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

Good job we’re failing like **** then. Phew and thought we’d screwed the pooch.

I don't mind missing out on the tier one free agents. FA o-linemen haven't worked out for us over the past decade so I don't expect them to suddenly start panning out because we have a new GM. Back fill with some 2nd and third tier guys and build the o-line through the draft.

Wouldn't mind seeing them take a stab at Amari Cooper though. Can't believe the Cowboys let him hit FA.