Steelers | Team will kick-off 2006 NFL season

Smizzy

Steelers | Team will kick-off 2006 NFL season

Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:18:21 -0800

Updating previous reports, Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers will open the 2006 season by hosting a nationally-televised game on Thursday, Sept. 7. The opponent will be announced at a later date, but candidates to face the Steelers in Pittsburgh are the Cincinnati Bengals and the Denver Broncos

Of course.

The Super Bowl Champ recently has always kicked off at home and I said it before...Pittsburgh should play either Denver, Indy or Cincy. I really hope it's Cincy because not only is it a rivalry, it's a division game, it's the return of Carson Palmer and it's the re-match the Wild Card Game.....what more do you want?

Yes TX...I thought Magnini had your stamp of approval? I figured in a few years when the Pats and Jets will be reversed in the standings.

Nah, the Pats are loaded at least for the next decade.

Even with Mangini, the Jets don't have a chance of knocking off the Pats in the AFCE.;)

Nah, the Pats are loaded at least for the next decade.

Even with Mangini, the Jets don't have a chance of knocking off the Pats in the AFCE.;)

Off of 2005, any team with a record of around .500 has a shot at knocking off the PATS. Hopefully we get there quickly.

It was a nice run but the Pats are just another team now who were lucky to be in a bad division this year.

Of course.

The Super Bowl Champ recently has always kicked off at home and I said it before...Pittsburgh should play either Denver, Indy or Cincy. I really hope it's Cincy because not only is it a rivalry, it's a division game, it's the return of Carson Palmer and it's the re-match the Wild Card Game.....what more do you want?

Indi isn't on our schedule next year. At least, not at home.

Heres our home schedule.

Baltimore

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Denver

Kansas City

New Orleans

Tampa Bay

Miami

I personally want either Denver or Tampa Bay the first week. Either a re-match of the AFCC or Cowher vs Chucky. :)

A Cincy/Pitt game would be crappola since Pitt took out Palmer in the playoffs and his recoverey should take over a year. There would be no reason for Tampa to play in the opener against an AFC opponent and SB chump. That leaves Denver. If Denver signs Owens, Pitt loses big.

A Cincy/Pitt game would be crappola since Pitt took out Palmer in the playoffs and his recoverey should take over a year. There would be no reason for Tampa to play in the opener against an AFC opponent and SB chump. That leaves Denver. If Denver signs Owens, Pitt loses big.

Do I hear some sour grapes from dethroned Pats fan Garb- come on Steelers lose big?

Do I hear some sour grapes from dethroned Pats fan Garb- come on Steelers lose big?

Did you watch the SB? If Plummer can get the ball to him (yes, BIG if) Owens will kill Pitt....shoot, he almost single-handily beat my Pats in the SB (he abused Randall Gay like a red-headed step-child in that game - a mis-match of epic proprtions).

Plus - I hate the Steelers and most of their putrid fans (not you, Paul - you are the only Pitt Fan that appears to be messageboard nice). Sorry. It's the way it is. Pats fans hate Colts and Pitt. Much like Jets fans hate Phins and Pats.

Hey StillerPaul

If it's Bengals / Steelers I'll score tickets from my bud David Pollack and I'll be there...so get ready to tailgate if it's Cincy / Steelers...cause I would definitely go because I wouldn't be missing the Jets game.:cheers:

Hey StillerPaul

If it's Bengals / Steelers I'll score tickets from my bud David Pollack and I'll be there...so get ready to tailgate if it's Cincy / Steelers...cause I would definitely go because I wouldn't be missing the Jets game.:cheers:

You are ON, my friend. I'll even make sure NO Steelers fan messes with ya! In fact, even if they don't open the season, we can still go to the game! :)

You are ON, my friend. I'll even make sure NO Steelers fan messes with ya! In fact, even if they don't open the season, we can still go to the game! :)

Definitely.

I'll be in my authentic Pollack too if it does go down.:P

BTW I havn't been over to your site since the Denver game, wow, I've gotta get back on over!

I think the last team to win the Super Bowl then play their opener on the road was the Bucs.

In 2002 they closed down Veterans stadium then went on to beat the Raiders...

Next season they started at Philadelphia and opened up Lincoln Financial Field with Philly losing...Tough beats for Phils...:yahoo:

Archived