Jason Huntley, Antonio Gibson; Which do You Prefer?

JetBlue

Jason Huntley looks as fast as anyone in this draft, has good size at 5'9 193 and also has good hands out of the backfield.  I don't know what round he is projected to go in but I would snatch him with our 4th round pick, I might even be tempted with our second pick in the 3rd round.

As for Antonio Gibson, we can't go wrong with him either and he appears to have a bit more wiggle than Huntley, if not quite as fast.   Both are multi-purpose backs that would give Darnold a serious weapon out of the backfield as well as in the return game.   They can also both line up as receivers to create all kinds of mis-matches.   

Bottom line?  I WANT ONE OF THESE GUYS!!  

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

Gibson- a 230lb RB that runs a 4.39 and is an excellent pass catcher. This dude has upside like he could be the next David Johnson

Wow I didn't know he was that big.  I think Huntley may be available in round 4, I doubt if Gibson will be.   

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Wow I didn't know he was that big.  I think Huntley may be available in round 4, I doubt if Gibson will be.   

Yeah I think there’s some uncertainty with Gibson, he started out as a receiver at Memphis but I think he’s a RB at the next level. Still pretty raw as a prospect so I think round 4 is a good spot for him- give him some time learn how to pass protect behind Bell

• Upvote 2

Gibson.

He's been on my radar for a while now. He's bigger and more built than Huntley. He can run between the tackles and legit develop into a 3 down RB. He's just as fast, the guy is amazing. He was also a WR and can literally line up in the slot and run routes if you ask him. He's an electric returner as well, which may be asked of him early in his career. He also played against stiffer competition than Huntley. One of my favorite prospects and while I usually wait until Rd. 4 or 5 in simulators, I would take him in Rd. 3 for sure, cuz someone else will. 

His biggest knock is that he only ran from the shotgun and will need to learn the NFL system. He definitely can't step right in and take majority of the reps. That works great for the Jets b/c they still have Bell. He's also not the best pass protector and doesn't have the vision he will need at the NFL level simply b/c he was't used exclusively as a RB in college. I.E. transition could be a concern. 

By the way- the fastest RB I've seen so far is Adrian Killins Jr. out of UCF. He's faster than both of these guys, just an absolute flash on your screen.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Gibson.

He's been on my radar for a while now. He's bigger and more built than Huntley. He can run between the tackles and legit develop into a 3 down RB. He's just as fast, the guy is amazing. He was also a WR and can literally line up in the slot and run routes if you ask him. He's an electric returner as well, which may be asked of him early in his career. He also played against stiffer competition than Huntley. One of my favorite prospects and while I usually wait until Rd. 4 or 5 in simulators, I would take him in Rd. 3 for sure, cuz someone else will. 

His biggest knock is that he only ran from the shotgun and will need to learn the NFL system. He definitely can't step right in and take majority of the reps. That works great for the Jets b/c they still have Bell. He's also not the best pass protector and doesn't have the vision he will need at the NFL level simply b/c he was't used exclusively as a RB in college. I.E. transition could be a concern. 

By the way- the fastest RB I've seen so far is Adrian Killins Jr. out of UCF. He's faster than both of these guys, just an absolute flash on your screen.  

Yeah I posted about Killins a few weeks ago but he is only 165 so would be more of an all purpose back than a running back.   I would still take him in the 6th round if he was there. As you said he is lightening fast.  Still I think you are shortchanging Huntley a little and I think he is faster than Gibson; he certainly looks faster anyway.   He also returns kicks.  Truthfully he could go the other way and wind up becoming a slot receiver/returner at the next level.  Can you imagine safeties and linebackers trying to cover him?