Last to post in this thread wins

Word about tomorrow. I did not see the benefit when it happened, but it is a good thing we had an issue a few weeks back. Otherwise all the work I am doing today and tomorrow would be done already and I would really be bored.

i've had a brain issue for a while at work but... this is not a good work brain time of year. the NY thing bottlenecked a lot of the mail besides and now it's just raining down.

i'll never catch up. it's starting to get depressing.

they do this to our workload on purpose when they want to get permission to hire but ouch.

Edited by cindy

I honestly do not see how people do it.

Granted it was driven by being in the military, but I have never gone to the same work/school same establishment for 42 months straight since I was in High School. And realistically, I have another 200+ to go.

until i started working for the state i never worked anywhere except my mom's office while i was going to school for more than two years. i never had a job i couldn't huff off and find another one as good when i ran out of unemployment.

they got me. they know it, too. you can tell by how they treat you, they know they have your price and you can't walk away.

hate it more every day, there's no bottom to that.

um... cheerful thoughts cheerful thoughts...

we're as likely to drop dead any given night as not?

Edited by cindy

I honestly do not see how people do it.

Granted it was driven by being in the military, but I have never gone to the same work/school same establishment for 42 months straight since I was in High School. And realistically, I have another 200+ to go.

You're in pretty big trouble if you're already counting the months. One day at a time. Otherwise the monotony and the sheer volume with crush your soul.

@Dom - Yeah I am screwed. It is not so much that I am counting, but that I cannot see, anytime soon, me not being here. I have a 'pipe' dream about doing a tour in Europe before I retire, but you now what they say what wishes.

@Cindy - You know right. I actually looked at something last week I know I would like to do and the pay cut would have gotten my ass kicked at home.

Haha. AIP is Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan. I thought you guys used the same terminology.

No....it was a joke.

Yes, we had it as a soldier. I guess we have it as civilians if we went over there. From what I hear they do not get the tax breaks like soldiers, if they did not get AIP, I think you would have to kidnap at gun point to get a civilian to go there. Or grossly overpay a contractor.

No....it was a joke.

Yes, we had it as a soldier. I guess we have it as civilians if we went over there. From what I hear they do not get the tax breaks like soldiers, if they did not get AIP, I think you would have to kidnap at gun point to get a civilian to go there. Or grossly overpay a contractor.

We do both!

Sorry I didn't get your joke. That usually means it was very funny.

Really? We have had two go over there in order to go upto the next grade.

Hmmmmm.

I don't have that many grades left! Now the key is to hold on. They will be trying to pry me out of here when my term is up. I think I see the marks the guy before me's fingernails made when they dragged him out!

we get extra pay if we work in NYC but no way is it worth it.

I wish. DC is expensive and provides very little that I care about. I'd save a ton of money if I could live in Brooklyn and still get my COLA/locality pay.

it's like an extra thousand... that wasn't a months rent on my moms sublet in yorkville in the 80s... can't imagine trying to survive in the city on that.

can't imagine dealing with the population density... tho... it didn't feel as crowded as it seems here when there are a lot of people around. too much eye contact I think...

i backed out on a real bad inspection. would have been insane. but upper middle class here is not what it is there, believe me.

bank was telling me i could spend about five times what i could afford, and i knew this place was wrong after she accepted half asking.

if i do buy it'll be a condo closer to work, but... as little as rent is i don;t see it making any sense at all.

i wanted to buy land and put a modular on it but you can't buy land with mineral rights now because of the gas leasing, bank won;t touch a loan without mineral rights, and over the border where you can still buy land... the taxes are minimum 4 times higher, so... gonna just stay here until the place falls down or the drive kills me.

it's like an extra thousand... that wasn't a months rent on my moms sublet in yorkville in the 80s... can't imagine trying to survive in the city on that.

can't imagine dealing with the population density... tho... it didn't feel as crowded as it seems here when there are a lot of people around. too much eye contact I think...

Locality for NYC is $1K a month? Wow. If so, that is not much better than my KY/TN rate.