Last to post in this thread wins

i only use track phones, the simplest I can find. it might be possible to sign on and post using the number pad... and all my minutes... when I already have 3G on the iPad... but even if it is, I can't see the wee little screen well enough to bother.

and this was a birthday lunch for two guys turning 60, and... that's not gonna happen enough to make it worth tormenting myself with one of them fancy phones.

damn I wish I could have a rotary again... I miss the olden days...

You got it right, but I am not an experienced smiley master. ecurB probably has 5,000 posts in this thread of that God awful dancing banana. PDM was getting ready to firebomb his house and ecurB was trying to build defensive rockets. It was quite a spectacle.

that's just the kind of thing you wouldn't want to plan on the internet...

Isn't that a bit inconsiderate?

Maybe, but last week at a Hail and Farewell for someone. I was at a table in no man's land of conversation. Facing away from the TVs and away from where most of the Tilted Kilt waitresses walked. So time was dragging. A 'fake' text message every few minutes was a life saver.