Last to post in this thread wins

We have had them sealed out for the past five years or so, knock on wood.  They actually chew on the wooden moldings around where they used to get in.  We have a new roof and had to cover the entire corner with flashing because they just chew and scratch

Is that the sheet metal stuff?

Or is there half way decent looking stuff?  I have to do some work on the corners of my house this year due to drainage.

Is that the sheet metal stuff?

Or is there half way decent looking stuff?  I have to do some work on the corners of my house this year due to drainage.

Yeah.  It's the thin metal that you put in the creases and then tar over it.  Usually you just use it in seams and edges of the roof.  It looks like crap, but you cover it.  The problem we had was that they'd return to the same corner of the roof where they used to get in the eave.  We put flashing under, but they would eat through the shingle to get to it and even gnaw on the beam, so we were constantly replacing pieces of roof.  After a few years I think they got the message and gave up, but it wasn't pretty.  

anyone else's entire computer system down today or are we just special?

You really have to ask?

Yeah.  It's the thin metal that you put in the creases and then tar over it.  Usually you just use it in seams and edges of the roof.  It looks like crap, but you cover it.  The problem we had was that they'd return to the same corner of the roof where they used to get in the eave.  We put flashing under, but they would eat through the shingle to get to it and even gnaw on the beam, so we were constantly replacing pieces of roof.  After a few years I think they got the message and gave up, but it wasn't pretty.  

Yeah, I am already dreading going up there to take a closer look. I think there is going to be a lot more damage.   The four corners are showing water damage.

You really have to ask?

Yeah, I am already dreading going up there to take a closer look. I think there is going to be a lot more damage.   The four corners are showing water damage.

Sooner you look the less damage there will be.  It doesn't heal itself.  As a devout ostrich in such matters, I can tell you that definitively from experience. 

Sooner you look the less damage there will be.  It doesn't heal itself.  As a devout ostrich in such matters, I can tell you that definitively from experience. 

I know.  The weather has not exactly working with me yet.  My days off, like today and yesterday have been cold, windy and/or wet.

I might have to take a stay-cation soon.

I know.  The weather has not exactly working with me yet.  My days off, like today and yesterday have been cold, windy and/or wet.

I might have to take a stay-cation soon.

Yesterday was possibly the most beautiful weather I have ever experienced. Unfortunately, my I told my cousin I would help her move, so I spent the day carrying furniture.  At least it made me remember why I went to school.

Dude I moved down here where I don't know anybody and this still happened!  I have like three friends and a cousin.  WTF!

And you have the crazy lady as well.

I am pretty sure I know your problem.  You probably look like you can carry heavy stuff.

Not really.  I'm probably better at it than I look. I whine a great deal which sometimes gets me out of it.  People just don't want to hear me.  It was kind of annoying watching her boyfriend complain about his bad back and old age when he is 8 years younger than me and I am getting to be a physical wreck.

Funny how that works out.

Funny ha ha.

Saw way too many times in my latter years inn the military young guys guys not being able to hang with this old fart.

Eh.  I think they can keep up with me and choose not to!  They hammered me pretty in volleyball, but I'm not too tall and haven't played much since my teens.  I played football with them once on the same team and ended up playing Dline while these guys nursed their injuries.  I'm waiting for the basketball game.  That will probably be the true test.  A sport I can play.  Not golf.

Eh.  I think they can keep up with me and choose not to!  They hammered me pretty in volleyball, but I'm not too tall and haven't played much since my teens.  I played football with them once on the same team and ended up playing Dline while these guys nursed their injuries.  I'm waiting for the basketball game.  That will probably be the true test.  A sport I can play.  Not golf.

And that is what I am saying.  Not all of course, but the motivation is lacking in some.  $hit I sound like an old fart.

I stopped playing unit level sports awhile ago.  I usually gave 20-30 pounds away in most sports.  It is one thing when I am 20.  Another thing when I am 30 with a bad back.

And that is what I am saying.  Not all of course, but the motivation is lacking in some.  $hit I sound like an old fart.

I stopped playing unit level sports awhile ago.  I usually gave 20-30 pounds away in most sports.  It is one thing when I am 20.  Another thing when I am 30 with a bad back.

What does giving up 20-30 pounds mean?  Are you light or heavy?  I'm not a big guy, so the extra weight is usually a plus for me, but it hurts endurance and beats up my joints.  My weight hasn't fluctuated much, but that 10 lbs makes a huge difference

What does giving up 20-30 pounds mean?  Are you light or heavy?  I'm not a big guy, so the extra weight is usually a plus for me, but it hurts endurance and beats up my joints.  My weight hasn't fluctuated much, but that 10 lbs makes a huge difference

This is in the military.  There are some big boys, but the military's out dated  weight standards add a degree of difficulty.  A guy like Wes Welker at 5'9" and 185 pounds would be over weight.  Now, I am sure he would make tape (body fat measurement), but it is a pain to the individual. 

With that in mind, I was light.  I did training for a march in Holland back in 91 and was down to 165 lbs.  I usually hovered around 165-170 thereafter.  Once I got to the 101st, we did a lot more muscular training and I got to the 180-185 range...some of it actually muscle.  ;)

This is in the military.  There are some big boys, but the military's out dated  weight standards add a degree of difficulty.  A guy like Wes Welker at 5'9" and 185 pounds would be over weight.  Now, I am sure he would make tape (body fat measurement), but it is a pain to the individual. 

With that in mind, I was light.  I did training for a march in Holland back in 91 and was down to 165 lbs.  I usually hovered around 165-170 thereafter.  Once I got to the 101st, we did a lot more muscular training and I got to the 180-185 range...some of it actually muscle.  ;)

Hahaha.  I'm a guy like Wes Welker.  Yuck!  I'm probably 5'9" 185.  In my adult life I have been between 175 and 193.  There was a time when I thought I was 5'10" and guys I played basketball with would swear I was taller, but now I'm pretty sure that I have shrunk.  I'm thinking of trying to hang upside down because I honestly feel like my back has compressed from squatting. 

your spine compresses with age. little compression fractures and disc space narrowing and... oldness.

try a zero gravity chair at home and lower impact workout. swimming. laying down. like that.

gravity is noone's friend...

Word.  I was 5'11 when I joined the army and lost an inch over 20 years.

I am thinking of getting one of those spinal decompressors and hang upside down.

Hahaha.  I'm a guy like Wes Welker.  Yuck!  I'm probably 5'9" 185.  In my adult life I have been between 175 and 193.  There was a time when I thought I was 5'10" and guys I played basketball with would swear I was taller, but now I'm pretty sure that I have shrunk.  I'm thinking of trying to hang upside down because I honestly feel like my back has compressed from squatting. 

Same here. 

One of my ex-soldiers was chaptered (e.g. kicked out) of the Army recently.  He is in the 5-9/10 range, but he is a solid kid who weighed in the 190s.  He did not look fat, but he was always 'overweight' by Army standards.  He was always in the upper 10% of scores for the Army physical training scores.  However, his downfall was the tape test.  I taped 100s of guys and most times you can pull it to help them pass it (if they need it).  Or, you do not and you get in trouble.

your spine compresses with age. little compression fractures and disc space narrowing and... oldness.

try a zero gravity chair at home and lower impact workout. swimming. laying down. like that.

gravity is noone's friend...

Laying down.  The ultimate low impact workout!

What is a zero gravity chair?  Is that like the upside down hangy thing? That is what I am thinking.

So get this...bursitis for my left ankle. I'm getting an orthotic. Fuuuuuuucking bullsh*t.

I wore orthotics from when I started walking until a year ago.

my ankles just got worse.

I stopped wearing them and went to shoes with no support at all.

and now everything's stable, cause it works like its supposed to instead of relying on orthotics.

but yeah, bball will kill you.

oh, and so will hanging upside down, but... enjoy.