Knicks hire Walt Perrin & Frank Zanin as assistant GMs

No one really knows anything about these guys other than one was an assistant GM with the Thunder 

who knows if there is even a season next year.  This season is all but officially canceled and the owners are saving a lot of money not paying player salaries

I thought Mike Miller did an underrated job as the head coach last year and should get another year.  Team played a lot better after an abysmal 4-19 start under Fizdale who is the worst coach the Knicks ever had and that’s saying something 

• Upvote 2

On 5/19/2020 at 7:13 PM, Philc1 said:

No one really knows anything about these guys other than one was an assistant GM with the Thunder 

who knows if there is even a season next year.  This season is all but officially canceled and the owners are saving a lot of money not paying player salaries

I thought Mike Miller did an underrated job as the head coach last year and should get another year.  Team played a lot better after an abysmal 4-19 start under Fizdale who is the worst coach the Knicks ever had and that’s saying something 

Yea I thought Miller was really good and should definitely be considered for the job next year. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/20/2020 at 10:14 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Yea I thought Miller was really good and should definitely be considered for the job next year. 

I don’t think the Knicks will even have a choice.  Supposedly they want Thibs but no doubt he really wants the Nets job 

The only legit candidate out there who might want the Knicks job is Kenny Atkinson

49 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t think the Knicks will even have a choice.  Supposedly they want Thibs but no doubt he really wants the Nets job 

The only legit candidate out there who might want the Knicks job is Kenny Atkinson

What about Van Gundy? There’s always rumors that he’s coming back. 

23 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

What about Van Gundy? There’s always rumors that he’s coming back. 

Jeff’s brother has publicly bashed Dolan I doubt that ever happens.  I thought Miller did a pretty decent job last season going 17-26 with a roster that went 4-19 before him

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

That’s surprising. Why would Paul want to come to the Knicks at this stage of his career?

He has no choice.  He has $80 million guaranteed on 2 years left of his deal.  I doubt the thunder want to pay it even tho he has been good for them.  If the Knicks cut a couple players they create enough cap room they can simply trade for him without having to give Thunder anything other than a couple draft picks which the Knicks have 5 over the next 3 years

this would be a good move.  Pair CP3 with RJ and Mitch

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He has no choice.  He has $80 million guaranteed on 2 years left of his deal.  I doubt the thunder want to pay it even tho he has been good for them.  If the Knicks cut a couple players they create enough cap room they can simply trade for him without having to give Thunder anything other than a couple draft picks which the Knicks have 5 over the next 3 years

this would be a good move.  Pair CP3 with RJ and Mitch

Yeah, sounds good to me too. I’d love to see it happen...

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/19/2020 at 2:56 AM, Integrity28 said:

Obi Toppin... with Halliburton, Deni still in the board. ?‍♂️

The only other choice at 8 was Vassell.  I like Deni but he's not as good a shooter and Halliburton is meh

I really like the kid they took at 27 Quickley.  Good shooter from 3 and plays defense.