Manish Mehta on Logan Ryan, Twitter Trolls and UDFAs

25 minutes ago, AFJF said:

The facts tell a different story, Tom.

Scooped multiple FA signings, reported Le’Veon was being shopped which turned out to be true, reported Gase wasn’t happy with Le’Veon price tag, reported restructuring of FO scouting approach under Douglas, reported home opener vs Buffalo and that’s off the top of my head.  

- If you can't get FA scoops as a beat reporter, you're not a good beat reporter.

- Bell being shopped was reported by Schefter/Rap first.  He just "confirmed" it.

- He was right about the price tag.

- Right about the FO story.  That being said, it shouldn't have been a shock to anybody that a new GM was restructuring the front office to his liking.

- Home Opener he piggy backed off a much smaller account claiming to have a source.

Lastly, Manish is a sniveling whiney little sh*trat so I don't know why you're surprised in the slightest that bringing him on here draws negative attention and refusals to click/listen.  I love this website, but I absolutely refuse to give that used jizzrag's content the time of day on any medium.  He is an absolute clown, no matter how "nice" he is to you.

Since I know he's probably reading this, here you go Manish, you'll never erase this image:

D1AFB75F-493D-4E9F-A756-71E573C88CD1.jpeg.50df700fe35e7f9a275ae5ffd4322f9f.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

- If you can't get FA scoops as a beat reporter, you're not a good beat reporter.

- Bell being shopped was reported by Schefter/Rap first.  He just "confirmed" it.

- Right about the FO story.

- Home Opener he piggy backed off a much smaller account claiming to have a source.

Lastly, Manish is a sniveling whiney little sh*trat so I don't know why you're surprised in the slightest that bringing him on here draws negative attention and refusals to click/listen.  I love this website, but I absolutely refuse to give that used jizzrag the time of day on any medium.  He is an absolute clown, no matter how "nice" he is to you.

1252614308_giphy(8).gif.bc3465ac1bcc5f067e915b899563e087.gif

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

- Right about the FO story.  That being said, it shouldn't have been a shock to anybody that a new GM was restructuring the front office to his liking.

Lastly, Manish is a sniveling whiney little sh*trat so I don't know why you're surprised in the slightest that bringing him on here draws negative attention and refusals to click/listen.  I love this website, but I absolutely refuse to give that used jizzrag's content the time of day on any medium.  He is an absolute clown, no matter how "nice" he is to you.

Since I know he's probably reading this, here you go Manish, you'll never erase this image:

D1AFB75F-493D-4E9F-A756-71E573C88CD1.jpeg.50df700fe35e7f9a275ae5ffd4322f9f.jpeg

How many guys cover this team being in the NY/NJ area?  Only one person can break a FA signing.  If Manish had "no sources" as many love to claim, he would break exactly zero stories.  

The facts don't fit the narrative.

Some people get it.  Some people don't.  Some people get it but pretend that they don't.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

How many guys cover this team being in the NY/NJ area?  Only one person can break a FA signing.  If Manish had "no sources" as many love to claim, he would break exactly zero stories.  

The facts don't fit the narrative.

Some people get it.  Some people don't.  Some people get it but pretend that they don't.

Since the regime change he's broken a "front office restructuring" and "confirmed" a couple of FA scoops, most of which were homegrown players like Jordan Jenkins, who probably told him themselves.

There's nothing to "get" other than it's painfully obvious that no one on this coaching staff or in this FO wants to talk to him.

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Since the regime change he's broken a "front office restructuring" and "confirmed" a couple of FA scoops, most of which were homegrown players like Jordan Jenkins, who probably told him themselves.

There's nothing to "get" other than it's painfully obvious that no one on this coaching staff or in this FO wants to talk to him.

Homegrown....Uh huh...

Edited by AFJF

Just now, Mogglez said:

59F9DFA1-B82F-4C54-8917-5D8A1EA40A7B.jpeg.35834a5176c593b69b2e0203b9b4293e.jpeg

If nobody in the organziation wanted to talk to Manish, as you claimed, he would have zero stories about any players whether home grown or otherwise.  No matter what your personal feelings toward him are, his history of breaking stories, many of them clearly not something one can just "guess", goes to show that somebody in the building is feeding him info.

This is my only issue.  Don't like the guy?  Fine.  Think he's abrasive?  Fine.  But to be a part of the "he has no sources" brigade is the groupthink I was referring to earlier.  And that's the psych angle that interests me which is why the Manish conversations are so much fun.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

If nobody in the organziation wanted to talk to Manish, as you claimed, he would have zero stories about any players whether home grown or otherwise.  No matter what your personal feelings toward him are, his history of breaking stories, many of them clearly not something one can just "guess", goes to show that somebody in the building is feeding him info.

This is my only issue.  Don't like the guy?  Fine.  Think he's abrasive?  Fine.  But to be a part of the "he has no sources" brigade is the groupthink I was referring to earlier.  And that's the psych angle that interests me which is why the Manish conversations are so much fun.

Once again, I don't care about his history.  What happened during the Idzik and Mac regime isn't relevant now. The point @T0mShane was making is that this regime doesn't want to talk to him and that's backed up by the fact that he has, largely, written nothing but anonymous hit pieces since Douglas and Gase cleaned out the Maccagnan leftovers.  He's broken next to nothing of significance since then.  Hell, there is a good chance he got caught making up a fake Twitter account to push an agenda.  He's a dirty rat that fleas wouldn't even hangout with.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Once again, I don't care about his history.  What happened during the Idzik and Mac regime isn't relevant now. The point @T0mShane was making is that this regime doesn't want to talk to him and that's backed up by the fact that he has, largely, written nothing but anonymous hit pieces since Douglas and Gase cleaned out the Maccagnan leftovers.  He's broken next to nothing of significance since then.  Hell, there is a good chance he got caught making up a fake Twitter account to push an agenda.  He's a dirty rat that fleas wouldn't even hangout with.

What about what happened a few weeks ago when he wrote that piece on the revamped scouting procedures in the FO that was later referenced in another article by Cimini (without naming Manish, of course)?  Or is the "nobody wants to talk to Manish" a thing that started like 10 days ago?

And more psych issues.  He was accused of something by a few fans, so the group "likley chance he got caught".  Hilarious.

Edited by AFJF

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

What about what happened a few weeks ago when he wrote that great piece on the revamped scouting procedures in the FO that was later referenced in another article by Cimini (without naming Manish, of course)?  Or is the "nobody wants to talk to Manish" a thing that started like 10 days ago?

I already said that he deserves credit for that piece.  That's not really breaking news though.  Anytime there is a regime change, the process within the organization changes.  Thats more of an investigation piece, which, again he gets credit for.  

Breaking news?  He's got nothing of significance unless you actually buy into his TMZ level hit pieces on Gase (spoiler alert: they're bullsh*t).

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I already said that he deserves credit for that piece.  That's not really breaking news though.  Anytime there is a regime change, the process within the organization changes.  Thats more of an investigation piece, which, again he gets credit for.  

Breaking news?  He's got nothing of significance unless you actually buy into his TMZ level hit pieces on Gase (spoiler alert: they're bullsh*t).

So he has no sources, but when he gets exclusive content that he wouldn't be able to get without sources, it's no big deal and is not proof of having sources.  

Also, and I'm not trying to be a dikk here, but I don't think you get to decide what is and is not significant.  Being the first guy to tell the fans which free agents a team has signed isn't "nothing" IMO.  

And again, whether a story meets your criteria for being meaningful or not, it's clearly coming from inside the building that he would not be able to get if you and the rest of the group were correct about him not being plugged in.

No need to discuss this any further.  His stories prove he has sources but his detractors will continue to insist he does not despite plenty of evidnence to the contrary.  Or, as I said earlier, wilfull ignorance.