NFL - No Fun League???

Maxman

Saw this posted on a NFL fan site and thought it was interesting. All of these CAN'T BE TRUE. No way the NFL is this dumb. I am assuming this is a hoax:

These are celebration acts that are now deemed "innapropriate" by the NFL:

Rule 9-2-1-a-1-a

Unsportsmanlike acts.

--Imitating a slash of the throat;

--Resembling the firing of a weapon;

--Bowing at the waist;

--Punching one

I am assuming this is a hoax

I believe it.

I'm sure refs use their discretion on handing out the flags. IE: choosing what they see and what they don't.

Wanna talk about crazy

http://sbt.bhmedia.com/laws.html

In Rochester, the law is that anyone bathing in public must have the bathing suit inspected by a police officer!

In Texas, it's against the law for anyone to have a pair of pliers in his or her possession.

In Philadelphia, you can't put pretzels in bags based on an Act of 1760.

Alaska law says that you can't look at a moose from an airplane.

In Corpus Christie, Texas, it is illegal to raise alligators in your home.

In Miami, it is forbidden to imitate an animal.

It is against the law to mispronounce the name of the State of Arkansas in that State.

In Illinois, the law is that a car must be driven with the steering wheel.

California law prohibits a woman from driving a car while dressed in a housecoat.

In Memphis, Tennessee, a woman is not to drive a car unless a man warns approaching motorists or pedestrians by walking in front of the car that is being driven.

In Tennessee, it is against the law to drive a car while sleeping.

In New York, it is against the law for a blind person to drive an automobile.

In West Virginia, only babies can ride in a baby carriage.

In Georgia, it is against the law to slap a man on the back or front.

A barber is not to advertise prices in the State of Georgia.

In Louisiana, a bill was introduced years ago in the State House of Representatives that fixed a ceiling on haircuts for bald men of 25 cents.

In Oklahoma, no baseball team can hit the ball over the fence or out of a ballpark.

In Kentucky, it's the law that a person must take a bath once a year.

In Utah, birds have the right of way on any public highway.

In Ohio, one must have a license to keep a bear.

In Tennessee, a law exists which prohibits the sale of bologna (sandwich meat) on Sunday.

In Virginia, the Code of 1930 has a statute which prohibits corrupt practices or bribery by any person other than political candidates.

In Providence, Rhode Island, it is against the law to jump off a bridge.

In the State of Kansas, you're not allowed to drive a buffalo through a street.

In Florida, it is against the law to put livestock on a school bus.

In New Jersey, cabbage can't be sold on Sunday.

In Galveston, Texas, it is illegal to have a camel run loose in the street!

In North Carolina, it is against the law for dogs and cats to fight.

In Singapore, it is illegal to chew gum.

In Cleveland, Ohio, it is unlawful to leave chewing gum in public places.

In Virginia, chickens cannot lay eggs before 8:00 a.m., and must be done before 4:00 p.m.

In New York, it is against the law for children to pick up or collect cigarette and cigar butts.

In Massachusetts, it is against the law to put tomatos in clam chowder.

In Washington State, you can't carry a concealed weapon that is over 6 feet in length.

In San Francisco, there is an ordinance, which bans the picking up and throwing of used confetti.

In Kentucky, it is illegal for a merchant to force a person into his place of business for the purpose of making a sale.

It is against the law in Connecticut for a man to write love letters to a girl whose mother or father has forbidden the relationship.

In Michigan, married couples must live together or be imprisoned.

In the state of Colorado, a pet cat, if loose, must have a tail-light !

In Phoenix, Arizona, you can't walk through a hotel lobby with spurs on.

In California, a law created in 1925 makes it illegal to wiggle while dancing.

In Utah, daylight must be visible between dancing couples.

In Michigan, it is against the law for a lady to lift her skirt more than 6 inches while walking through a mud puddle.

In North Carolina, it is against the law for a rabbit to race down the street.

In Georgia, it's against the law to spread a false rumor.

In West Virginia, one can't cook sauerkraut or cabbage due to the odors and the offence is subject to imprisonment.

In Missouri, a man must have a permit to shave.

The law states that more than 3000 sheep cannot be herded down Hollywood Blvd. at any one time.

In Texas, it is still a "hanging offense" to steal cattle.

Verde...they have GOT to let you step away from that computer once in a while...put down the mouse, and nobody gets hurt!!!!

Maxxie...No Fun League...did you write that? Next up: Jerry Glanville--"Not FOr Long" if you keep making calls like that!

Verde...they have GOT to let you step away from that computer once in a while...put down the mouse, and nobody gets hurt!!!!

My job requires that I be shackled (yes...shackled) to my computer. Sorry.

Besides, most of my posts make sense! Ptttthhhhhh! :lol:

They should all be LEGAL. Celebrations are fine. I wonder how much $$$ Prime Time would have to pay the NFL if he was still a star and doing his antics in today's game.

That being said, I still don't think the refs will call on all of these.

[quote name='"verdegirl

My job requires that I be shackled (yes...shackled) to my computer. Sorry.

Besides, most of [b']my posts make sense! Ptttthhhhhh! :lol:

Oooh, the raspberry! Just 'cause my girl got the Happy Jack Decoder Ring and you didn't, don't get all grumpy!!!

Would love to hear more about you and the shackles...though....!

Oooh, the rspberry! Just 'cause my girl got the Happy Jack Decoder Ring and you didn't, don't get all grumpy!!!

Would love to hear more about you and the shackles...though....!

You can discuss shackles and decoder rings with 'your girl', K? 71.gif

i myself have no prob with ridding the league of most of those childish celebrations. (a few are a bit much) Just play the damn game. An exciting game with great plays requires no extracurricular behavior. as a previous coach of the younger ones (who watch these idiots) it is very difficult to make them understand when where and who should be doing these assine things. when an 8 year old gets beat in a game he doesnt need to ridiculed, it makes him sad and wanting to return the favor. He wont feel like helping that same kid up after a fall.

I for one love sportsmanship.

Not lets get to the shackle part! :D

My mind wanders, :roll: when both hands are shackled what do you hit the keys with?

Attempting to make the ball spin as it were a top;

I guess Santana Moss is going to be looking for another line of work with this ban

Yeah I think Miami will have to cancel one of their courses: Ball Spinning 101.

Special Guest Professor Jeremy Shockey will have to find a new offseason job now.

Attempting to make the ball spin as it were a top;

I guess Santana Moss is going to be looking for another line of work with this ban

he's has to make an inbound play first....spinning the ball out of bounds should be banned ,,, :lol:

Maxman

we seem to be on the same page. I did say a few were out of line.

i think the perfect type of celebrations is the way our man Curtis handles himself. Very professional and every once in awhile a little more excitable, depending on the importance and of the course the game situation.

jim

I am a little old fashioned when it comes to celebrations- I like to see the guy hand the ball to the referee after a touchdown instead of all the show boating that goes on.

I would have liked to see one of these guys pull their antics in front of someone like Butkus

Archived