2021 NFL Draft Preview - WRs

maury77

I’m typically not a huge fan of OSU receivers but Olave seems interesting to me.   I feel like he would really compliment Mims, Sam would finally have a versatile X receiver in Mims and a volume Z receiver in Olave.   Unfortunately we won’t see Olave until Pre draft workouts so I’m not sure how much that will affect his draft slot.   

• Upvote 2

I’m a big believer in Bateman. Route running translates well from college to the NFL, and he seems so fluid out there. Need to see how his physical attributes stack up but the guy is always getting open. Reminds me a lot of Van Jefferson.

The other guy I've looked at is Terry and I think he's going to be really hurt by the lack of games. If he had a big year, I thought he was a first rd guy. Raw with routes but speed is ridiculous.

I'd take either with the second Rd pick.

I haven't looked at the others closely. Moore seems like a stud slot guy, but I don't know much about him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

So Ja'Marr Chase just declared. When I watch his tape, I think he's a good player. He's strong, knows how to vary his releases and he can fight through contact. I don't really see an elite playmaker at the NFL level. I think he has a high floor, but I don't see any elite athletic traits. The Bama cornerbacks handled him pretty well that game outside of the touchdown. I get a Michael Crabtree vibe from him. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/30/2020 at 4:24 PM, maury77 said:

So Ja'Marr Chase just declared. When I watch his tape, I think he's a good player. He's strong, knows how to vary his releases and he can fight through contact. I don't really see an elite playmaker at the NFL level. I think he has a high floor, but I don't see any elite athletic traits. The Bama cornerbacks handled him pretty well that game outside of the touchdown. I get a Michael Crabtree vibe from him. 

Thank you... I'm already becoming resentful of Chase for no other reason than his defacto WR1 status... I'm not THAT sold oh him. He's gotten pushed around a little, and I wish he would have played this year. 

• 1 month later...

I think JD outsmarted us in the 2020 Draft on the WR front. The 2021 draft looks to have more First Round talent than the 2020 Draft. With so many teams having spent a first or second round pick on a WR in 2020, how many would be willing to double dip? So, 2020s picks thinned out the 2021 competition and joe will have a deep pool to choose from with a chance that a first round talent will slip to the top of the second round. That sneaky bastard.

• Upvote 1